**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I bought a rlx bubble vest on sale last year, really like it. Planning to get another light jacket on sale. Wonder what new line they'll replace it with.

That plaid jacket is nothing "special" - not a knock on it at all, if you like it, do you. I just mean that there's not really "info" about it to provide.

The green Country Dry Goods label was used a lot on older heavier knits and stuff along the sportsman lines. A lot of Outdoors-y type stuff.I believe the best (IMO) version of the denim flag jackets has that label. The original K-swiss eagle knit (the crew, not the retro t-neck) is under that label. Lots of stuff.

If that line/label still existed today, the duck knits would probably have been produced under it.

Yeah - and anybody who has dealt with Andy knows his last name, which pretty much ends that convo. Like PS said, it doesn't matter - just clarifying info.

Last edited:
Yeah - I like RLX too. They had some nice pieces on the low if you know the archives.

It's a shame too, because w/ TNF being crap nowadays, RLX could have gotten some of my money if they came correct on some technical type stuff.

RLX has been my alternative to tnf. Their prices are steep though and stuff is gone in my size by the time it's on sale.

I forgot that was like the official coat of NY. When I went to NY back in '02, that's all I saw. I even bought one while I was up there. A big parka with fur on the hood.

Thanks for the kind words Krash.

The RLX label is in some of RL's best parkas and ski gear. There are two RLX items that Im still hunting for from a few years back.

Jay, that RLX graphic vest hung around eBay for a long time for the low. I'm sure they are long gone these days.

Gourmetkickz never posted here, but he had a crazy lined sample tweed blazer and ski pants combo a couple years ago. if you catch this post please share that pic, I know it would surprise lots of NTers to see that side of RLX.

Last edited:
Jay, that RLX graphic vest hung around eBay for a long time for the low. I'm sure they are long gone these days.

One just sold like last week on ebay. They pop up now and then.

lol @ official coat of NY, it really was too… and now Moncler and Canada Goose I suppose

I feel like Moncler is already done. Marmot is probably holding it down now.

Elitist Bip warning - TNF still holds weight, but it's very much like Polo in that there's a lot of it, but only a small portion of it actually "counts." There's Polo and there's Lo. There North Face, and there's Face. TNF went the way of Jordan, basically. Overproduced, killed the quality, and mass marketed themselves onto the doodoo list of their most hardcore fans. The most hardcore would say that Face basically fell off after about '95. ...That's about the time it became available at places like Dr. Jays. I'd be tempted to give it to more like '98, but either way - much like Jordans, by the time it got to the masses, the kids who were all hyped that they were flamming it were getting played because they never even owned a "real" piece.

Last edited:
The RLX label is in some of RL's best parkas and ski gear. There are two RLX items that Im still hunting for from a few years back.

Elitist Bip warning - TNF still holds weight, but it's very much like Polo in that there's a lot of it, but only a small portion of it actually "counts." There's Polo and there's Lo. There North Face, and there's Face. TNF went the way of Jordan, basically. Overproduced, killed the quality, and mass marketed themselves onto the doodoo list of their most hardcore fans. The most hardcore would say that Face basically fell off after about '95. ...That's about the time it became available at places like Dr. Jays. I'd be tempted to give it to more like '98, but either way - much like Jordans, by the time it got to the masses, the kids who were all hyped that they were flamming it were getting played because they never even owned a "real" piece.

the vest is actually under the polo sport label. i never really got into that vest, it's cool but i always pass on it. i've had plenty of chances to grab it and one of my boys had it back then.

RLX has a lot of stuff that have flown under the radar, either because of the price or because nobody pays that much attention to it.

BIP, let's hold off on the elitist Face discussions lol

Seen this at my local Marshall's in bklyn

Would have copped but that L look like it fits like a M

RLX is the goods. I love their outerwear and cargo pants. My favorite piece is a parka that folds into a duffle bag. Been searching for another one but to no avail.

this is the only rlx piece i've hunted for

Church!!!! As soon as tent&trail,Ems,paragons and mail order catalogs was not the only place to get face from I was done. For me bip it was 94. Every body and they nana had air max95 and a tnf ..no lol

the vest is actually under the polo sport label. i never really got into that vest, it's cool but i always pass on it. i've had plenty of chances to grab it and one of my boys had it back then.

RLX has a lot of stuff that have flown under the radar, either because of the price or because nobody pays that much attention to it.

BIP, let's hold off on the elitist Face discussions lol
yes that's the vest jay but there is a whole line a hat,ls mock neck,h half zip ss cycle,pants and this jacket
rlx was at its best IMO as part of the sport line. The vest is one of my faves of any sport/rlx I own

Last edited:
pmiddy is on fire right now.

if you want to get technical, that 93 and bear wool fitteds, are more of a medium bill. i have all 3 wool bear fitteds and the chambray 93 as well.
add me to the list of the rl2000 bear hat owners. my other dude has it as well, he posted a fit on IG wearing it i think last week or earlier this week.
Labels still getting shine on NT!

It's like I bring something up, then Walla it's available on the eBay....the RL2000 bear hat...the bin price is pretty high, but it is rare hat. IDK if I like it that much

I hear you, Krash.

I'm a bit younger than you, I couldn't go hardbody on the Faces in the early 90s. I got my first joint in like 94-ish. So, I kept rocking until the late 90s before it started getting totally saturated. I could deal with the basic stuff being all over, but once everybody and their mother had those trash quality "Steeps" I was like, I'm either going back in time, or hopping off.

I agree on RLX being best as a sort of sub-line of PS. Nice jacket. ...Don't tell me you have the matching cycling spandex shirt... :tongue:

Waddup, Nat. Those white RLX joints are official. :smokin

since on the topic

what's good nat. I saw them white ones and had to pass cause they was s/m's

I hear you, Krash.

I'm a bit younger than you, I couldn't go hardbody on the Faces in the early 90s. I got my first joint in like 94-ish. So, I kept rocking until the late 90s before it started getting totally saturated. I could deal with the basic stuff being all over, but once everybody and their mother had those trash quality "Steeps" I was like, I'm either going back in time, or hopping off.

I agree on RLX being best as a sort of sub-line of PS. Nice jacket. ...Don't tell me you have the matching cycling spandex shirt... :tongue:

Waddup, Nat. Those white RLX joints are official. :smokin
lol oh hell no! Just the vest. The jacket is not mine..yet Lol

Back
Top Bottom