**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

can anybody help me out in acquiring this jacket in XL or maybe even Large (depending on fit) I know if anybody can find one out there , it’s yall . Good look
8630378B-BEB7-4C0A-BFBC-1062EC185018.png

can anybody help me out in acquiring this jacket in XL or maybe even Large (depending on fit) I know if anybody can find one out there , it’s yall . Good look
8630378B-BEB7-4C0A-BFBC-1062EC185018.png

Saw this on grailed
I would hedge that Ralph would’ve still carried its own weight in cache bc this (Lo-Life’s) wasn’t the majority that buying Ralph’s product. Boosting it—yes! But they weren’t integral to getting Polo to the billion dollar+ mark. It was the rich and affluent demo with large amounts of disposable income that helped sustain the brand. Lo-Heads (and the like) made it cool amongst a lower class that bred a bubbling subculture which earned Polo a certain cool factor but this is a white hot space that is very, very, small when you think of it on a global (billion dollar) scale.

That’s just a classic trickle down effect.

Chanel, Hermes, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini—you name it—have all been highly respected and desired by every social class but they only cater to those who can pay for their goods. Ralph Lauren is no different.

Think you're minimizing the effect and thinking that Lo-Lifes and that overall street movement only impacted a "lower class". Street style and its impact on society (and fashion) as a whole is not confined to a certain socio-economic class. The truth is that although high-end brands will target the upper class as the intended demographic, they will never grow to billion dollar conglomerates solely in staying in that lane. Growth only comes when you can provide your customer with various entry points and reach all demos.

In my opinion, the streets made it cool to wear Polo, they made it so that when you got your first taste of some money you went to buy a Polo shirt. That isn't confined to a specific region or a cross section of society, its global. So did the Lo-Lifes make it a billion dollar biz? Of course not, but that buzz made it cool and it made it hip and it made the news and gave the brand credibility. You used Rolls, Lambo, Chanel and Hermes as an example, but these brands aren't considered great businesses. They all failed or were on the verge of failure because they ONLY catered to the uber rich. Rolls is owned by VW and Lambo by Audi (i think its a JV now actually). RL is more like a Mercedes and BMW. They started out as a luxury item for uber rich but they became global behemoths because they cater to all demos.

Again not saying this is all because of Lo-Lifes but am saying that they had a large impact then just being a low class consumer.

Good morning good people. Does anyone have an outlet coupon they can spare? Thanks soo much.

I would hedge that Ralph would’ve still carried its own weight in cache bc this (Lo-Life’s) wasn’t the majority that buying Ralph’s product. Boosting it—yes! But they weren’t integral to getting Polo to the billion dollar+ mark. It was the rich and affluent demo with large amounts of disposable income that helped sustain the brand. Lo-Heads (and the like) made it cool amongst a lower class that bred a bubbling subculture which earned Polo a certain cool factor but this is a white hot space that is very, very, small when you think of it on a global (billion dollar) scale.

That’s just a classic trickle down effect.

Chanel, Hermes, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini—you name it—have all been highly respected and desired by every social class but they only cater to those who can pay for their goods. Ralph Lauren is no different.
Chanel Hermes and RR ain't Ralph doe :lol:

Got an interesting email yesterday . Don’t know if they send this to everyone or not .

Attachments

• A859B313-3062-47F7-88E2-EE55F930CFE6.jpeg
    A859B313-3062-47F7-88E2-EE55F930CFE6.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 73B1AFC6-3CE4-437B-B004-7174D7FE9796.png
    73B1AFC6-3CE4-437B-B004-7174D7FE9796.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 40
Got an interesting email yesterday . Don’t know if they send this to everyone or not .

Been in the RL Insiders program since it started... was excited for it, but the surveys haven't revealed anything too exciting. You end up seeing some stuff early, but nothing this board would be too jacked about.

RE: the lo-life/streetwear impact on polo brand. I think some of the difference in opinion on this is based on where you are from... I think the lo-life culture HAS had an impact on how people growing up in New york see the brand... But outside of New York, i'm not sure how big the impact was. I grew up in chicago, and until last year, had no clue there was an entire culture of polo aficionados. I've been buying polo since mid-90's, and just figured I was O.C.D. or a weirdo... cause eventually it was the only stuff I bought. Polo sells in Chicago, but when I was in New York last time... a wedding rented a large section of a popular club, and I was shocked at how many people were wearing polo. So potentially the difference in how people view the impact is based on where they are from.

I think the brand has always worked to sell a "lifestyle" -- themes, auras that transcend income and race.... Thats why everyone; poor, middle class and rich, can enjoy Ralph Lauren in some form or fashion. He has also used design and style archetypes that never change, and will never be IN or OUT of style... When I was a teen, I was drawn to the brand cause I went to a high school with alot of rich kids... and I wasn't. Polo seemed to be the brand of confidence, quiet luxury, Americana... Might sound sad, but every teenager wants to fit in and attract gals... so I started going to marshall field's and buying polo on clearance, so that I wouldnt exclusively be wearing JC Penny outlet stuff or hand-me-downs from cousins.

Saw this on grailed

Think you're minimizing the effect and thinking that Lo-Lifes and that overall street movement only impacted a "lower class". Street style and its impact on society (and fashion) as a whole is not confined to a certain socio-economic class. The truth is that although high-end brands will target the upper class as the intended demographic, they will never grow to billion dollar conglomerates solely in staying in that lane. Growth only comes when you can provide your customer with various entry points and reach all demos.

In my opinion, the streets made it cool to wear Polo, they made it so that when you got your first taste of some money you went to buy a Polo shirt. That isn't confined to a specific region or a cross section of society, its global. So did the Lo-Lifes make it a billion dollar biz? Of course not, but that buzz made it cool and it made it hip and it made the news and gave the brand credibility. You used Rolls, Lambo, Chanel and Hermes as an example, but these brands aren't considered great businesses. They all failed or were on the verge of failure because they ONLY catered to the uber rich. Rolls is owned by VW and Lambo by Audi (i think its a JV now actually). RL is more like a Mercedes and BMW. They started out as a luxury item for uber rich but they became global behemoths because they cater to all demos.

Again not saying this is all because of Lo-Lifes but am saying that they had a large impact then just being a low class consumer.
VW & Audi are one in the same. Volkswagen Audi Group, but great points Lol

didn't realize the colorway and b&w snow beach fleeces were different ... The OG one is more cotton, the b&w is the shinier, thinner polo sport sweatshirt material that is more polyester.

re: The p-wing performance shirts.

talked to guy at state st Macys (Chicago) and he said a few others had already asked. He checked with the polo rep and they should be on floor by Monday he said. So potentially the p-wing shirts will be in all stores, or at least more than just NY?

Last edited:
didn't realize the colorway and b&w snow beach fleeces were different ... The OG one is more cotton, the b&w is the shinier, thinner polo sport sweatshirt material that is more polyester.

bought a Large in the b&w, thinking it would shrink when i washed it... Just got it, saw the material and have a polo sport sweatshirt from last year exact same mix. too big and was a mistake for me to buy.

i doubt anyone is looking to trade a medium for a large, but if you are... Lemme know. Would also trade for large in the hooded snow beach rugby of either style. Bought from stockX, tried on once and that's it.

re: The p-wing performance shirts.

talked to guy at state st Macys (Chicago) and he said a few others had already asked. He checked with the polo rep and they should be on floor by Monday he said. So potentially the p-wing shirts will be in all stores, or at least more than just NY?

The Michigan Ave store had them on Monday when I stopped in. They were tucked away on some obscure shelves in the corner.

The Michigan Ave store had them on Monday when I stopped in. They were tucked away on some obscure shelves in the corner.
The pony shirt I posted earlier was setup a similar way, honestly if I wasn't looking for the P-Wing shirt I may have missed it entirely. I also got the RL insider email, **** was in my spam folder :lol:, I received it yesterday surprisingly.

Back
Top Bottom