600 come up

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
B640BDC2-1243-485D-9DED-5FB4E93C864D.jpeg
530154D0-D9B6-4A77-8F1B-66A1AFC85390.jpeg
Well, after further inspection, I take back the worth every dollar comment. There are metal holes in the underarm areas, and they have already looked to have tarnished or rusted, in this bluish green color. I’m pretty sure that’s not acceptable quality for a brand new $2000 jacket. I’ve just contacted Ralph Lauren. Let’s see how they deal with this situation, smh. I’m not returning it though, lol. I know they’re trying to go for a rugged, natural look, but damn...

Great cop!!!
Actually This is normal with brass/copper based metal (that’s what the eyelets/gormment made of) **don’t use alcohol ,vinegar or water**.
Use a firm brush/ med brush in a normal circular motion as not to damage the area of the leather and a clean cloth to wipe away the rust and some leather lotion.
Some pieces I have to do this/some I don’t.
My original cookie boots are one I have to do this to.I have/had hats I had to clean cause of the eyelets and or the brass leather strap buckle.hope that helps. Again dope pick up.

Shearling is heaven sent, the “rust” you’re referring to is part of the aesthetic, embrace it!

I second,third Fourth and “FIF” this!

Last edited:
Since nov 2010 I have been on the hunt for this!!
sneakerpimp2k8 sneakerpimp2k8
supermanblue79 supermanblue79
@bklyn style baby
@jamesjyers
The hunt continues.....
711A3984-2CA5-4934-A531-1B928FEC4658.png

The last shearling I had was back in the early 90’s the same averex one Sylvester Stallone wore in rocky4 (that really put them on the map as they was not the go too guys for authentic looking ww2 looking garments in Hollywood at the time).This is before everybody in queens bridge was going to the averex outlet behind John j college,before the company was sold to mark ecko and he ruined the whole thing and started putting out vinyl garbage (smelled like old school Halloween costumes,straight flammable chemicals) when the only place you could get authentic averex clothing was from the cockpit on Broadway in the vill....

........also I really miss orchard street and delancy, I miss the real nyc...if you know then you know!
C315564C-AC8A-452E-A657-DDE741F17D87.jpeg

Last edited:
Found an old cp-92 jacket I want to customize. Should I do it? Maybe Ralp is hiring? lol
custom 1.jpg
custom 2.jpg
custom 3.jpg

I’m am a advocate of if they don’t make what /how you like it,do it yourself and especially when it comes RL.
If the firemen’s clasp are the same weight as the ones on the rlyc jacket in the background of your pics I would say no (not that that’s a bad idea you going with) as those cotton cp jackets are thin and the clasp might be a little to heavy and cause rips and tears on a pretty otherwise in great condition jacket (from the picks anyway) imo.
*there are lightweight firemen clasp.Try Joann’s,Michael’s*
Love me a dope executed custom piece.
Stay creative and creating

Last edited:
The green rust is part of the distressed look of those shearling jackets I have at least 7 Ralph Lauren shearling coats and most of those ww2 bombers have those details but if you can get it further reduced or even a giftcard I wouldn't be mad at you nice pick up tho

@bklyn style baby
@jamesjyers
The hunt continues.....

The last shearling I had was back in the early 90’s the same averex one Sylvester Stallone wore in rocky4 (that really put them on the map as they was not the go too guys for authentic looking ww2 looking garments in Hollywood at the time).This is before everybody in queens bridge was going to the averex outlet behind John j college,before the company was sold to mark ecko and he ruined the whole thing and started putting out vinyl garbage (smelled like old school Halloween costumes,straight flammable chemicals) when the only place you could get authentic averex clothing was from the cockpit on Broadway in the vill....

........also I really miss orchard street and delancy, I miss the real nyc...if you know then you know!
Copped some dope stuff back in the 90s on delancy...

I’m am a advocate of if they don’t make what /how you like it,do it yourself and especially when it comes RL.
If the firemen’s clasp are the same weight as the ones on the rlyc jacket in the background of your pics I would say no (not that that’s a bad idea you going with) as those cotton cp jackets are thin and the clasp might be a little to heavy and cause rips and tears on a pretty otherwise in great condition jacket (from the picks anyway) imo.
*there are lightweight firemen clasp.Try Joann’s,Michael’s*
Love me a dope executed custom piece.
Stay creative and creating
These are smaller and lightweight. Thanks for the advice. I will take it to a pro clothing alterator. The jacket is mint and I dont want to mess it up doing it myself.

@bklyn style baby
@jamesjyers
The hunt continues.....

@bklyn style baby
@jamesjyers
The hunt continues.....

That was Queensboro community college in LIC.. used to troop out there from Harlem lol

600 come up
Nice! This is how you buy RL...always on huge discount. I remember getting my first Polo RL Shearling Bomber at $275

Shearling is heaven sent, the “rust” you’re referring to is part of the aesthetic, embrace it!

Classic NT WDYW pic. I still haven't purchased this version of the shearling bomber yet. I will at some point next year.

@bklyn style baby
@jamesjyers
The hunt continues.....

You should have posted this 3 months ago. I passed on this blue shearling Polo peacoat in size XL at $145.00 in new old stock condition. If you see it currently for sale on any sites, then the seller bought the exact jacket and is flipping it for a profit. I'll inbox you if I see another one.
I passed because I have 2 navy blue Polo leather jackets, and I'm currently looking for another, different navy blue shearling RL coat that flew under the radar years ago. I'll post it when I finally track it down.

My package from the Polo site was out for delivery on Wednesday, never got delivered. USPS always ****in with my packages, it'll probably randomly show up next week.

Back
Top Bottom