**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

polo that doesn't say polo anywhere on it should be less than branded gear what exactly am I paying for another flannel that looks like all the others for my dough it better scream polo and not just a pony I need more for my money yo
Sometimes quality speaks for itself. You can put a logo less filson alaskan guide shirt against a new polo patched up logo graphic button up and the filson shirt may look better due to the quality.

polo that doesn't say polo anywhere on it should be less than branded gear what exactly am I paying for another flannel that looks like all the others for my dough it better scream polo and not just a pony I need more for my money yo
I disagree, those who know polo ralph lauren can tell 90% of the unbranded items from far away, whether it's the Corduroy on the wrist and collar or the way the buttons and clasps are setup. And most of the unbranded items are way superior in quality compared to the items that "scream polo" just my 2 cents. ??‍♂️

Yeah full length is dressier, if you wear a suit often. I got a good deal on a camel colored cashmere wool blend Lauren overcoat from Macy's years ago. I ised to have a blue wool Polo peacoat but I gave it to my nephew because it was a bit big, but I wish I had kept it... I don't even think he has it anymore. Like how the hell do you misplace a $700 coat that should last you forever?

I disagree, those who know polo ralph lauren can tell 90% of the unbranded items from far away, whether it's the Corduroy on the wrist and collar or the way the buttons and clasps are setup. And most of the unbranded items are way superior in quality compared to the items that "scream polo" just my 2 cents. ??‍♂️
LOkey Lo

If you know, you know

More of this! We need everyone to buy logos: Polo Spellouts, Crests, Bears, NASA and everything else that let's people know that you are the man that wears POLO ?????

This will leave all of that undesirable, high quality, unbranded Ralph Lauren clothing for me to purchase during the clearance sales.

High quality my foot cotton is cotton poly is poly it’s all just another shmata the value is in its brand and the marketing behind it each item and logo represents a
Sometimes quality speaks for itself. You can put a logo less filson alaskan guide shirt against a new polo patched up logo graphic button up and the filson shirt may look better due to the quality.

bs cotton is cotton poly is poly its all shmatas no matter what you're paying for polo or Gucci or fendi what's your taste we got you but if you buying something that looks like everything else what are you really buying and what's a filson anyway? exactly

Yeah full length is dressier, if you wear a suit often. I got a good deal on a camel colored cashmere wool blend Lauren overcoat from Macy's years ago. I ised to have a blue wool Polo peacoat but I gave it to my nephew because it was a bit big, but I wish I had kept it... I don't even think he has it anymore. Like how the hell do you misplace a $700 coat that should last you forever?
should of gave him a wedgie

I remember why I wanted to reply now what y'all think of spring 2020 on the app that p yachting 12m line was new lo back then its the start of your ending and we back again ill still cop but I don't even care anymore I got nothing else to do

High quality my foot cotton is cotton poly is poly it’s all just another shmata the value is in its brand and the marketing behind it each item and logo represents a

bs cotton is cotton poly is poly its all shmatas no matter what you're paying for polo or Gucci or fendi what's your taste we got you but if you buying something that looks like everything else what are you really buying and what's a filson anyway? exactly
Your alphabet soup spill validates that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Your alphabet soup spill validates that you have no idea what you're talking about.

my bad auto save I edit tho I was going say each item and amount of branding equals a monetized dollar cent amount and thats what you are paying for marketing and exclusivities ralphie the best at juicing dough out of his customers thats what makes him number 1 in the us

12E62D38-9F43-4173-B85F-93E638155FDE.jpeg

Factory store for $230

DOnt get me wrong. I like the graphic stuff too but i also appreciate good quality low key items.

ahat ahat I completely forgot about that black/yellow Uni hoodie. ???

Dope, never seen one a them before. Not worn New Era hats for years, but this may tempt me out of retirement...:rofl:

They're nice, but expensive as helllllllllllll though @ $75 a pop.

All this logo/no-logo talk. Much of it just depends on where you at and at which stage of life.
xP5Eo3ag.jpg

I been through all archs. There was a time I would have 1000% agreed with e$crilla, and you couldn't have told me sh*t elsewise. Today, I hunt high and "Lo" for no-logo Ralphie, and pay more when I find just the right piece.

It is so INCREDIBLY hard to source just the right daily-wear, non-sleep wear, non-V-neck, no logo/no horsey, unbranded Ralph t-shirt. One not too thin, (Purple Label), too short, too slim fit (RLX), neck opening too big and with NO BREAST POCKET (!!! 9.9 times out of 10, that eliminates Blue Label and Black Label when they do get it right). Also, helps in the higher cotton gauge used in the higher labels, although Blue Label unbranded quality range can be right up there with Black Label. Also, helps if it's dark navy blue. Sounds simple. It's not. It's HARD to meet those requirements.

For example, in my on-going effort to make the PERFECT factory-Blue-Label-quality Hi -Tech tee that Ralphy has spent 25 years refusing to make, I just copped my first RRL Tee. And even it has a small logo, but not on the breast and no pocket. $66.00 bucks after ship on the bay. Watched/searched/ dropped from list/re-added to list about 9 times in 9 months. FInally, got some healthy Ebay bucks from other purchases, so used that to offset the price.

Came in looking like this.
1RRL (1).jpg

2RRL.jpg

About $26.00 dollars of Rit dye, fixative, salt, and LOTS of boiling hot water later, I just came up from the dye shop, (my basement), and it now looks like this;

new IMG_0226.jpg

new IMG_0227.jpg

new IMG_0229.jpg

Now, you know where this is going to go.
new IMG_0231.jpg

The possibilities are endless, but all I want is that descrete Hi Tech on the left sleeve, as is Ralph tradition. Nothing else. The next unbranded tee shirt gets the little slim early hi-tech patch.

After I take to the tailor to get the patch expertly and precisley sewn on, I figure I'll be about $97.00 into this tee shirt. All this time, effort, and money started with an unbranded shirt. I could have just asked for a discount code and jumped in on the latest drop with a big logo.

Strange hobby we all have here. Y'all think I'm crazy, I think y'all crazy, and everyone who don't rock 'Lo and couldn't care less about labels would have the entire 'Lo community carted off to the looney bin. LOL.

Last edited:
^nah that's actually dope af

Been contemplating removing the big *** Hi Tech patch off my tee, but I haven't decided what I'd put it on since it's so big.

^nah that's actually dope af

Been contemplating removing the big *** Hi Tech patch off my tee, but I haven't decided what I'd put it on since it's so big.

all I do is upcycle patches glad to see someone else got wise ... big hi tech over a pony tee ls or ss works just fine just hide that horse Under the top corner of the patch it lands perfectly across rl been giving a road map for this since day 1 thats why some of the cheaper patches he don't let you remove one step further there's rich af kids on the other side of the globe paying $700-800 for patched up 1 of 1 tees from the rl store go in make a couple on the weekends flip that for mad dough it be your own polo money machine anyone can be ralphie if they put their mind to it I just do it to keep me looking fresh 1oak all day everyday by the way im 41 keeping it real since 93 til ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom