**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

but doesn't it crush your soul when you see a rrl shirt for $300 one year then end up an $89 polo brand 2 years later and the only difference is the tag they get a lil lazy like that but its all dollar signs to them thats why I stay in that 92-96 ish ( only wear Jordan 3,4,5,6 too cause of the air bubble kind of like that) can't fool the heads with that other stuff we know what we like only time I buy outlet or plain is to throw an old patch on it...mad into the pajama pants this year they look sick with a long sleeve hi tech ski something I don't care what people think when they see me I do what I want im good im good young ceo thousand dollar crocs etc etc

On another note; you don't spend that much on dye and not try to gee off as much as the dye will let you. I've been feenin' to dye some nylon for ages, for future experimental purposes. And I had just the candidate; my Chaps nylon hoodie. On the humble, out of all the Lo I've got, if you bumped into me up in Save-A-Lot picking up some eggs real quick, this is probably what I'd be wearing. Yeah, it's Chaps, but came right off the same assembly line the Polo Sport version came off. Plus, it's unlined, making it perfect when the weather is not too hot/not too cold, (I LOVE unlined Nylon joints for this reason. That's why I thought y'all was trippin' on the new 1992 joint). Now, this joint started life this morning looking just like this;
66BC004041C2469D8C5EA419C54AFE6D.jpg

Except everywhere you see red it was electric blue. I always wanted it all navy blue. So, when I got done with the shirt, then I poured Rit Synthetic Navy Blue dye in and started stirring. Here is how it came out;
Resize IMG_0232.jpg

resize IMG_0233.jpg

resize IMG_0234.jpg

The original dark navy sections went to super dark navy/arguably black. The electric blue went to dark navy, 'cept for the zipper. The sacrifical lamb? The lettering. Mine was a little worn, but looked more like the lettering on the red jacket. Now it is dyed. Also, the letters may wash back out some, with washing. But the salt and the fixative are to lock the dye into the fabric, and I think I finally got that right. So maybe it won't wash out. Again, this was my experimental coat, caught for a $2.50 up in Goodwill, so no big loss, plus, necessary knowledge going into future projects.

So, now you know what dying nylon looks like. One day, second Hi Tech vest in all navy blue here I come.

Like homeboy above said, I do what I want, old flunkie for a CEO, $2.50 cent Chaps etc etc.

Last edited:
I like low key items but I can’t lie I like when it says “POLO” across it because even more so than horses I associate that to what first got me into it. That and the polo sport logo. It’s kind of programmed in me. I’m nostalgic like that or I just refuse to grow up.

took a kids outdoors serape fleece in to my upholsterer he chopped the sleeves already popped the patch then sewed it together added a zipper now I got 1 of 1 lo fleece throw pillow with pockets I always find something interesting in there form the night before
^^^This sounds dope. Pics?

On another note; you don't spend that much on dye and not try to gee off as much as the dye will let you. I've been feenin' to dye some nylon for ages, for future experimental purposes. And I had just the candidate; my Chaps nylon hoodie. On the humble, out of all the Lo I've got, if you bumped into me up in Save-A-Lot picking up some eggs real quick, this is probably what I'd be wearing. Yeah, it's Chaps, but came right off the same assembly line the Polo Sport version came off. Plus, it's unlined, making it perfect when the weather is not too hot/not too cold, (I LOVE unlined Nylon joints for this reason. That's why I thought y'all was trippin' on the new 1992 joint). Now, this joint started life this morning looking just like this;

Except everywhere you see red it was electric blue. I always wanted it all navy blue. So, when I got done with the shirt, then I poured Rit Synthetic Navy Blue dye in and started stirring. Here is how it came out;
Resize IMG_0232.jpg

resize IMG_0233.jpg

resize IMG_0234.jpg

The original dark navy sections went to super dark navy/arguably black. The electric blue went to dark navy, 'cept for the zipper. The sacrifical lamb? The lettering. Mine was a little worn, but looked more like the lettering on the red jacket. Now it is dyed. Also, the letters may wash back out some, with washing. But the salt and the fixative are to lock the dye into the fabric, and I think I finally got that right. So maybe it won't wash out. Again, this was my experimental coat, caught for a $2.50 up in Goodwill, so no big loss, plus, necessary knowledge going into future projects.

So, now you know what dying nylon looks like. One day, second Hi Tech vest in all navy blue here I come.

Like homeboy above said, I do what I want, old flunkie for a CEO, $2.50 cent Chaps etc etc.

id send you stuff to dye that a whole next level of customizing all we need now is some one with a printshop and we prince st

Resize IMG_0232.jpg

resize IMG_0233.jpg

resize IMG_0234.jpg

[/l

You know he going to rock that indigo next

Resize IMG_0232.jpg

resize IMG_0233.jpg

resize IMG_0234.jpg

can you do nylon hats? midnight navy some of those sailing joints from 2 summers ago ....yooooo sick!

last years ski showing up at the outlets Andy in bk got em up looking forward to seeing what else they watered down but they got a cookie so ill cap

can you do nylon hats? midnight navy some of those sailing joints from 2 summers ago ....yooooo sick!
The original I was going to try was that orange/green Hi Tech hat from the new drop. Would have taken a lot of work, 'cause I was going to peel the Hi Tech off the bill, would have to carefully remove the Hi Tech patch so it did not get dyed, (unless you want that monochromatic Snow Beach-black look. Got possibilites, but I do not want that look), dye, then re-attach patches, (tailors get huffy when it comes to caps), aaaand... forget it. But yes, if that hoodied dyed, hats will dye.

You can do this, as well. I'm no pro, by any means. Rit got the youtube instructions but it's this simple;

Cotton:
-Boil water on the stove.
-Pour whole bottle dye in the water, (either in pot or pour in bucket). Heavy garment, two bottles.
-Slowly submerge garment into water for even dying, (I lower in "feet first", torture style).
-After submerged, stir for 5 minutes.
-Added a cup or two of Iodized salt to the water. (Dye "runs" from the salt, and drives it deeper into the garment)
-You really want to nail it, but spend more, pour in Rit "fixative" to make sure the colors don't bleed and fade later. (Pro tip; you can also do this to your new factory garment to ensure it stays the same tone as you bought it. Rit says that right on the bottle. I'll remember that.)
-Stir, stir stir for 15-20 minutes.
-Pull out and run under cold water to stop any shrinkage.
-wash in cold.
-Hang to dry.
-Be prepared to totally ruin a garment until you get right, so do not start with your OG $2000.00 1992 Polo Summer Easter hat.

The original I was going to try was that orange/green Hi Tech hat from the new drop. Would have taken a lot of work, 'cause I was going to peel the Hi Tech off the bill, would have to carefully remove the Hi Tech patch so it did not get dyed, (unless you want that monochromatic Snow Beach-black look. Got possibilites, but I do not want that look), dye, then re-attach patches, (tailors get huffy when it comes to caps), aaaand... forget it. But yes, if that hoodied dyed, hats will dye.

You can do this, as well. I'm no pro, by any means. Rit got the youtube instructions but it's this simple;

Cotton:
-Boil water on the stove.
-Pour whole bottle dye in the water, (either in pot or pour in bucket). Heavy garment, two bottles.
-Slowly submerge garment into water for even dying, (I lower in "feet first", torture style).
-After submerged, stir for 5 minutes.
-Added a cup or two of Iodized salt to the water. (Dye "runs" from the salt, and drives it deeper into the garment)
-You really want to nail it, but spend more, pour in Rit "fixative" to make sure the colors don't bleed and fade later. (Pro tip; you can also do this to your new factory garment to ensure it stays the same tone as you bought it. Rit says that right on the bottle. I'll remember that.)
-Stir, stir stir for 15-20 minutes.
-Pull out and run under cold water to stop any shrinkage.
-wash in cold.
-Hang to dry.
-Be prepared to totally ruin a garment until you get right, so do not start with your OG $2000.00 1992 Polo Summer Easter hat.

word thank you

They make 3XL in these now? :rofl: Whose gonna order to see the quality.
if they are decent quality and come with tags I bet fools been making a killing off these on resell.:sick:
0D64E0D0-6060-4EBC-8FD7-9FDC8331E8EA.png

They make 3XL in these now? :rofl: Whose gonna order to see the quality.
if they are decent quality and come with tags I bet fools been making a killing off these on resell.:sick:
0D64E0D0-6060-4EBC-8FD7-9FDC8331E8EA.png
If the bootlegger ponied up for a quality base shirt, these would be bootlegger heaven, because even the real deal is simple as f*ck. Get money, Ralph is. Just be prepared not to look another Lo rocker straight in the eye. *Everyone else is game.

*(Same thing in the Benz game, for all the heads my age who remember cats making their S320 into a 500/600 back in the day. You were fooling everybody, EXCEPT the only people who knew - other Benz heads).

All this logo/no-logo talk. Much of it just depends on where you at and at which stage of life.

Came in looking like this.
1RRL (1).jpg

2RRL.jpg

About $26.00 dollars of Rit dye, fixative, salt, and LOTS of boiling hot water later, I just came up from the dye shop, (my basement), and it now looks like this;

new IMG_0226.jpg

new IMG_0227.jpg

new IMG_0229.jpg

How does this RRL tee fit? I’m a true to size XL

How does this RRL tee fit? I’m a true to size XL

True to size, after a very slight "inner-elbow" stretch. Nothing radical, but NWT, was a weeeeee too fitted. Used high school stretch method, ( again, a one time elbows inside the shirt pass), and now it's just right.

Back
Top Bottom