**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Just got back from my local mall in Toronto; clearance +20% off barcode was very dangerous for my wallet but luckily only left with one piece. Couldn't say no to this bear at the price, $99 CAD(~$75 USD) tax inc.
IMG_1176.JPG

They also had some very nice other stuff on clearance plus 20% off; BMX Hoodie (L,XL), Freestyle ski New York Team half-zip (S,M) & that sportsman patch anorak (S) which I honestly might have to buy just for all the patches :lol:

Which mall?

Recaptured one of my personal grails that I always regetted letting go of.

My original grey circa 2007;

cresty.jpg

Recaputered glory; 2019

2 Resized Famousname - A Portrait.jpg

Botched 2018 Retro;

rlaur3050812397_m1_2-0._UX357_QL90_.jpg

I would have considered the retro dope, if I didn't know the understated refinement of the smaller logo of the orginal.

Now to circle back and get the grey (again) and the blue. Just need them to land from Mars, cause it's damn near the only place to find them.

Ralph, I'm a dusty old Lo head, and YOU OWE ME MY DUE!

Info on 🕶️

Hillcrest North of the city, from what I can tell though sporting life yorkdale would be the best spot, maybe sherway too might make a trip out there later this weekend
The Bay Eaton, YD and then FV are usually the locations to hit up.

Can't speak on Sherway as I rarely ever go those ways, but STC and the other locations all dookie. Might have to hit up Hillcrest though, never been. Could be a gem. Good looks.

Can't speak on Sherway as I rarely ever go those ways, but STC and the other locations all dookie. Might have to hit up Hillcrest though, never been. Could be a gem. Good looks.

Oh trust me I'm well acquainted with the multiple Bays in the GTA :lol: YD & Eaton are tops with not much comparison but tbh I often prefer finding the stuff that falls through the cracks and ends up on clearance in some of the lower traffic polo sections like hillcrest, upper canada & fairview. I do a lot of driving so I try to pop in when I get a chance.

In this case though I'm talking specifically about sporting life; the bay never even got most of the stuff I mentioned in the first post, I think the main buyer for sporting life is a little more into the loud designs than the guy at the bay.

I wish they made this ski crew kneck knit again.
The one in the middle.

ski nit.jpg

Never saw these silk prints before.
Womens collection probably.

horse heads.jpg

This P wing. Looks like a tee over a knit.

p knit.jpg

The cookie down coat in winter white. I like this allot. Very cool also.

santa.jpg

This guy has the coat to this knit. First time I saw the coat. Nice.

ski purple.jpg
Ralph just did a retro w/ the uk skate shop palace for those silks and yup woman’s

Blow up p wing Yup that’s a tee over a ls tee

I payed $100 for that cookie goose from a classic now long gone men’s wear spot called BFO that was down the block from the flatiron building in 1989

That’s a knit shawl to the sweater not a goose
To rl Corp please no more retros... I know that Pandora’s box has been open....smh

Allot of new yacht club stuff are on the RL site.
Just got the tee I wanted.
I live in Florida so the gooses are a no no for me.

rlyc.jpg

Got the hoodie as well for the Caribbean cruise.

yacht hood.jpg

cup.jpg

I guess we may see this return. Who knows.
Damn, Ralph finally gonna start getting mine, again. I was just thinking about how these recent drops were saving me $$$. I used to get static on VGA for big upping the 12 M Yatch line. Only a few of us rocked with it. BTW, the A3 coat at the bottom was not part of the 12M line.

Lol Famousname Famousname
VGA days
I like the hood layout but not the colors
One of the Better polo sport lines very under the radar even when it was out. And I may pick up the tees when they go on sale
But come on w/ the retros get a new team of original thinkers. I know I know why when the Jordan method is like printing money

9E93A157-3480-4ABA-9056-26CCB244F772.jpeg

One of the best lo hats at the same time the worst (very Shallow crown) not I do not want a retro cause they will **** it up in some way. We have seen this in the last three years.

Info on 🕶
"...And resurrected reply/ they said, 'that guy; he got a good eye'..." - Me, from my first studio joint many moons ago.

Those are vtg 1983 Porsche Design, which became Porsche Carreras. September 16, 1984, I was 13, 14 years old, but Miami Vice came on, and maaaaan... their shades. (Their everything! But we'll stick with the shades). Not to mention every great gangster joint. Made in Austria, (back then, in the Sunglasses relms, "Made In Austria" was the equivalent of a watch saying "Swiss Made"). Thats why mine are stronger than new frames you can buy at Macy's today.

1aeb20655982c522b4993c8b2c507fa9.jpg

7d2f1831a743af7204134e34918eda8c.jpg
76064-1532336916.jpg

1154103812_1601.jpg

Porsche Design then mophed into the infamous, more well known, Porsche Carreras.

s-l640.jpg

Boeing said, hey, these would be great for our pilots, came the grail of Porsche shades; Boeing Carreras. (These are those ONES)

carrera boeing collection 5701 41 gold and blue gradient sunglasses_4.jpg

carrera boeing collection 5701 41 gold and blue gradient sunglasses_12.jpg

Around about the same time Krash was killin' it with the creation of those shawls, I went big game huntin' to finally obtain those gradient lenses I saw cats rockin in '83, '84, '85, '86.

So, there is the info.

#porschedesign #porschesunglassesvintage #porschecarrerasunglasses

Last edited:

The Bay Fairview had an amazing clearance section years back, I remember that. Out of my way, but the one time I went it was nice.

Skip Sherway Sporting Life though, ain't a damn thing there. Markville had a decent sized sale rack last weekend though. The Bay Sherway weirdly merged with Nautica for floor space.

"...And resurrected reply/ they said, 'that guy; he got a good eye'..." - Me, from my first studio joint many moons ago.

Those are vtg 1983 Porsche Design, which became Porsche Carreras. September 16, 1984, I was 13, 14 years old, but Miami Vice came on, and maaaaan... their shades. (Their everything! But we'll stick with the shades). Not to mention every great gangster joint. Made in Austria, (back then, in the Sunglasses relms, "Made In Austria" was the equivalent of a watch saying "Swiss Made"). Thats why mine are stronger than new frames you can buy at Macy's today.

76064-1532336916.jpg

1154103812_1601.jpg

Porsche Design then mophed into the infamous, more well known, Porsche Carreras.

s-l640.jpg

Boeing said, hey, these would be great for our pilots, came the grail of Porsche shades; Boeing Carreras. (These are those ONES)

Around about the same time Krash was killin' it with the creation of those shawls, I went big game huntin' to finally obtain those gradient lenses I saw cats rockin in '83, '84, '85, '86.

So, there is the info.

76064-1532336916.jpg

1154103812_1601.jpg

s-l640.jpg

So, there is the info.

is this polo club or Porsche club?

Ralph just did a retro w/ the uk skate shop palace for those silks and yup woman’s

Blow up p wing Yup that’s a tee over a ls tee

I payed $100 for that cookie goose from a classic now long gone men’s wear spot called BFO that was down the block from the flatiron building in 1989

That’s a knit shawl to the sweater not a goose
To rl Corp please no more retros... I know that Pandora’s box has been open....smh

let the new generation have some classic lo

How about rl make some new classics for the now generations and keep the creativity going. That’s better in the long run.
I think they both can rock. Underneath that 28 year old Crest sweatshirt from 1991 I'm wearing a few flicks back, is a 2019 performance wear Pwing hoodie. You know, the thin stuff.
8274221.png

My manz walked up in my house for our college homecoming and just handed it to me on the strength. The only way I'd ever even come to eff wit it. Turns out, it's one of the best "layering" arments I've ever owned. It "lays" in a way real cotton just doesn't it. What I would have chosen to retro the Pwing? Never. As an excellent functional layering piece? I'm definately checking for this material oin clearance racks in all colors for strategic uses, for sure.

So Ralph drops the old, drops the new; both can coexist.

I think they both can rock. Underneath that 28 year old Crest sweatshirt from 1991 I'm wearing a few flicks back, is a 2019 performance wear Pwing hoodie. You know, the thin stuff.
8274221.png

My manz walked up in my house for our college homecoming and just handed it to me on the strength. The only way I'd ever even come to eff wit it. Turns out, it's one of the best "layering" arments I've ever owned. It "lays" in a way real cotton just doesn't it. What I would have chosen to retro the Pwing? Never. As an excellent functional layering piece? I'm definately checking for this material oin clearance racks in all colors for strategic uses, for sure.

So Ralph drops the old, drops the new; both can coexist.

poly tees dope for working out too yo

FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED:

Timberland released the 40 Below Superboots in hazel highway colorway today. Timberland.com

RL inseams are crazy inconsistent yo.. I need a 34 inseam and out of the 3 jeans I just got one Is 32, another 33, and the last 34, smdh..

Forgot how good this collection really was.
Please lets hope they don't use vinyl press on the shirts
for 2020 retro.
Thankful I copped the white retro tee in time. It is rare.

yacht jacket.jpg

yacht shirt.jpg

yacht tee.jpg

New Retro sold out.
rlyc tee.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot how good this collection really was.
Please lets hope they don't use vinyl press on the shirts
for 2020 retro.
Thankful I copped the white retro tee in time. It is rare.

yacht jacket.jpg

yacht shirt.jpg

yacht tee.jpg

New Retro sold out.
rlyc tee.jpg
tons more coming don’t sweat it I’m hoping for good xlt stuff

Back
Top Bottom