The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

I dont see how any1 would want to support this fat fraudulant pos. it says alot about a person.

Jun 21 2010 8:09 AM EDT2,697
[h1]Rick Ross 'Delivered' On 'Blowin Money Fast (B.M.F.),' Atlanta DJs Say[/h1][h2]'Biggest street record this year thus far,' DJ Scream tells Mixtape Daily.[/h2]
By Shaheem Reid

Text SizeDecreaseIncrease

Street Banger: Rick Ross' "Blowin Money Fast (B.M.F.)"

We had to do it. It's the kickoff of yet another new chamber of Mixtape Daily.The Street Banger section will be dedicated to the song that gets sohot, it makes the whole 'hood jump and starts earthquakes in the clubs.It's only right we kick it off with a song that's been getting a swellof support the past few weeks, Rick Ross' "Blowin Money Fast (B.M.F.)"from the Albert Anastasia mixtape.

We told you to look out for it, Ross and his family spoke on itbefore, but just like we're going to do every time you see thissection, we'll give the DJs a voice. We asked some of your favorite DJsfrom ATL what they think of the record. After all, when Ross says hefeels like Big Meech, he's talking about the Atlanta street legend whois currently incarcerated.

"It's crazy in the clubs, the clubs where real street partypeople go," said Greg Street, a.k.a. Mr. 6 O'Clock. "Ross is ametaphoric lyricist, so you know he gonna put a twist on it."

"The reaction in the clubs is tough!" DJ Drama saidemphatically. "And it caught on fast. [The record] has a strong beat.... He touched on topics the streets adore and respect: self-madebosses. ... Ross, lyrically, is by himself right now."

"It's popular because people have flashbacks of the real BMF[Black Mafia Family] era, and it mentions the one and only Big Meech,"DJ MLK assessed. "Dope boys and strippers who was around then allrelate."

DJ Scream gives "B.M.F." the ultimate accolade: "It shuts theclub down! Biggest street record this year thus far. It's street music.It seems like a lot of artists have strayed away from or are scared tomake raw and uncut street music. The people still want that type ofmusic, though. Ross delivered. The people reacted. 'Nuff said."

I need this video BTW...

Who is going to sell more... Ross or Drake?

Ill say Drake...

Ross might ahve the streets more...but we all know that "certain people" don't buy records... :/

^^ Is that even a legit question. Drake has more mainstream appeal, and his debut album was hyped for the quite some time, even though Ross has the "streets" and has been making good music, he does not have that mainstream appeal. I think Ross sells between 200-300k his first week.

"money builds my confidence, shorty show ur competence before I get another bish cuz I be on some other sh..."

pimp.gif
smh.gif

What is the song Puff is blasting in the BMF Behind the Scenes video. The one where he talking about blonde hair like Marilyn and he brings out Cassie.

TIP spazzed on that Maybach Music joint !
Listening to Ross' verse now..
AND OMFG THIS BEAT CHANGE IS AMAZING !

after hearing MM3, this album's about to really be the soundtrack of the summer.

after hearing MM3, this album's about to really be the soundtrack of the summer.

MM3 sounds like an interlude...i like that he switched up the song and went even more laid back n smooth but he did it disservice with adding jada

i would have preferred a more medium tempo song...this sounds more for the apartment not the whip on the way to da club...good song still tho

sick.gif
@ TIP's verse
smh.gif
and yall said Jada would eff the song up.
He didnt obliterate it, but a solid verse.
This beat > the song tho

Back
Top Bottom