The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

I didn't listen to this LP yet but I know it's overated because his lyrics are trash and people eat it up like his lyrical prowness is food for thought or somewhat dope. He speaks about women diamonds and imaginary cars. His content is so limited he has two songs that sound exactly alike on the same album. His wordplay is non existent and his beats keep him afloat. His cocky delivery sounds forced and his flow is one dimentional. Anyone calling this mans work hot , is stupid at face value......

There's only one Teflon don and he's from New York

/\ Cool Story Bro

Also...I like MC Hammer...I can definitely hear the differences from BMF. Especially with the revised versions of each which make them both really different.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

2cdvayx.jpg
2j4uefr.jpg

Originally Posted by devildog1776

I didn't listen to this LP yet but I know it's overated because his lyrics are trash and people eat it up like his lyrical prowness is food for thought or somewhat dope. He speaks about women diamonds and imaginary cars. His content is so limited he has two songs that sound exactly alike on the same album. His wordplay is non existent and his beats keep him afloat. His cocky delivery sounds forced and his flow is one dimentional. Anyone calling this mans work hot , is stupid at face value......

There's only one Teflon don and he's from New York
This ladies and gentlemen, is what you call TRUE HATING..You sound like a little jealous middle school girl homie

Hadnt copped yet still on the fence cuz I thought the documentary wud be included...i aint payin for nutin twice so I may just hol out
FYE had this posted

Teflon Don
[Deluxe Edition]
Rick Ross
Format:  CD
Release Date: 12/10/2010
Record Label: Def Jam
UPC: 602527417479
Product Id: 106709096

Album is solid, but a little disappointing. It had potential to be a classic. After gving it a few spins I made my own Teflon Don 1.2 adding some cuts that didn't make the album and dropping the wackest songs off.

Mafia Music 2
Money Maker
I'm Not A Star
Free Mason
Maybach Music 3
Tears of Joy
B.M.F.
Super High
Aston Martin Music
Audio Meth
MC Hammer
All The Money In The World

Music aside...

Ross Is Just Offending Too Many REAL Gangstas, Tryin To Impress Everyday People...

I like what Carmine said, John Gotti EARNED that nickname, the SAME way Freeway Ricky Ross EARNED his, this N is just tryin take other Ns lives...

Just like with "BMF" N talkin bout, "I think I'm Big Meeeeeech... Larry Hoover"... Nah, YOU think you Rick Ross, But YOU William Leonard Roberts...

Don't get me wrong the N makes good music, but if there's no beat being played in the background, I could NEVER listen to what this N gotta say, cause his REAL life doesn't exist, he's bought into his own image... Its gonna end up costing him in the long run, weather that be financially, or having to pay with his life...

Of course Carmine has something to say. He is trying to get his career off the ground. Ya'll acting like Rawse is the first to be on the mob tip.

Who said that?? Of course Ross isn't the first...

Say what you want about him (Carmine Gotti) wanting to get his career off the ground but yet He's NOT the one using the history of his fam to sell records (And it wouldn't be wrong if he chose to, cause that's HIS bloodline) Ross is, so why shouldn't he speak on it, rapper or NOT, that's dudes grandfather... Ross NEVER met John Gotti in his life...

The same way dude from Boo & Gotti came to the house, ate with the fam and paid homage, if Ross wasn't such a make believe gangsta he would've done the same... @ the end of the day its about respect... I'm sure the only reason John Gotti Jr hasn't spoke yet cause he prolly doesn't know why Ross is, he's not on his radar, as soon as he is, he goin have to pay up, or Ross' career will be cut short and NT will have to find a new FAV rapper...

Like Budden said 7 years ago... "Don't Get REAL Life & Rap Confused... Don't Get It F'd Up & Don't Get Shot... Tryin Be Somethin You're NOT"...

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Who said that?? Of course Ross isn't the first...

Say what you want about him (Carmine Gotti) wanting to get his career off the ground but yet He's NOT the one using the history of his fam to sell records (And it wouldn't be wrong if he chose to, cause that's HIS bloodline) Ross is, so why shouldn't he speak on it, rapper or NOT, that's dudes grandfather... Ross NEVER met John Gotti in his life...

The same way dude from Boo & Gotti came to the house, ate with the fam and paid homage, if Ross wasn't such a make believe gangsta he would've done the same... @ the end of the day its about respect... I'm sure the only reason John Gotti Jr hasn't spoke yet cause he prolly doesn't know why Ross is, he's not on his radar, as soon as he is, he goin have to pay up, or Ross' career will be cut short and NT will have to find a new FAV rapper...

Like Budden said 7 years ago... "Don't Get REAL Life & Rap Confused... Don't Get It F'd Up & Don't Get Shot... Tryin Be Somethin You're NOT"...
Real talk.............shut the hell up. You swear up and down you know the insides and outs of the industry and the streets lol

Word??...

Neva said that, I just KNOW a sucka when I see one...

I see one in you...

How you think you could EVER punk me on the internet if you couldn't punk me in the streets?? What part of the game is that...

Word??...

Neva said that, I just KNOW a sucka when I see one...

I see one in you...

How you think you could EVER punk me on the internet if you couldn't punk me in the streets?? What part of the game is that...
lol you can't see me though, thanks for proving my point about running your mouth about things you know nothing about... internet tuff guy
ohwell.gif

i forgot about mafia music 2...%*#% should've never leaked and it def was needed on this album

Music aside...

Ross Is Just Offending Too Many REAL Gangstas, Tryin To Impress Everyday People...

I like what Carmine said, John Gotti EARNED that nickname, the SAME way Freeway Ricky Ross EARNED his, this N is just tryin take other Ns lives...

Just like with "BMF" N talkin bout, "I think I'm Big Meeeeeech... Larry Hoover"... Nah, YOU think you Rick Ross, But YOU William Leonard Roberts...

Don't get me wrong the N makes good music, but if there's no beat being played in the background, I could NEVER listen to what this N gotta say, cause his REAL life doesn't exist, he's bought into his own image... Its gonna end up costing him in the long run, weather that be financially, or having to pay with his life...

So you look up to John Gotti, Ricky Ross, Big Meech, etc. I guess you wanna give all these "Real Gangsta's" a HJ for being so hard. Who cares what they think? They haven't earned anything but the opportunity to rot in jail.

He's getting paper and he ain't gotta commit crimes to do it? How is that a bad thing? I don't care if he's fake, it's entertainment. I deal with fake people every day at work. Hell, I gotta act happy and smile and pretend to have mainstream opinions when I don't want to, but it's keeping food on the table. Do what you gotta do to pay the bills, and don't worry about what other people think.

/\ it didn't necessarily leak tho. He put out a video for it. Not sure what his intentions for the song was. Maybe it was just intended to be a warm up track/video.

My only negative about Rawse is his fascination with italians. Especially on Mafia Music 2 which is a crazy record. Italians would've never worked with you Rawse or any black man and referred to you as the N word when your back was turnt. I Just never understood that. Why dudes would name themselves after italian crime bosses.

That being said, Carmine Gotti is no one. He's a fake reality star rapper. The Gotti name itself doesn't even hold as much clout as you dudes are trying to lead someone to believe. The Gotti name has been through hell ever since Gotti got locked up. No real MOB heads give a damn about what anyones from Victoria's immediate family thinks or says. Especially hear boys.

I underastand Ross is talking about s#$% he's never done and past gangster/mobsters but all these dudes made their money illegally, seriously they didn't earn s@#$. I respect them to a degree but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom