THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

[h2]Would You Trade Jax for Ilgauskas?[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 at 11:15 pm in Uncategorized.

One rumor I've heard lately is that the Warriors have talked with Cleveland about acquiring Zydrunas Ilgauskas from the Cavaliers.

This seems like a move the Warriors would love to make, which leads me to believe Cleveland either isn't that interested in Jackson (they did sign Anthony Parker and they have Delonte West at shooting guard already) or they want more in exchange for Ilgauskas' $11.5 million expiring contract.
As Jackson has already said, he would love to go to Cleveland. And a starting perimeter of Mo Williams, Stephen Jackson and LeBron James sounds pretty formidable, especially with the likes of Parker, West and Bobbie Gibson coming off the bench.
The Warriors couldn't ask for a better return for moving their disgruntled star. Sure, they'd pay more this year. But they'd get Jax's money off the books and go into the trade deadline with $22.8 million in expiring contracts (Z, Speedy, Acie Law, Devean George, Mikki Moore, C.J. Watson) or have that much come off the cap next offseason.
Of course, the Warriors might have to give up one of their expiring contracts to sweeten the deal for Cleveland, plus probably take another salary off Cleveland's hands (Delonte West? Daniel Gibson? Anderson Varejao?). The Cavs need to bring in some serious help to keep LeBron, especially if they don't win a title. Certainly, adding Jax's extension to their payroll wouldn't help them land Chris Bosh to pair with LeBron.
If this is on the table (no comment from GM Larry Riley, as is team policy), should the Warriors do it? Or is a possibly retiring center, and maybe a trade exception, not enough in exchange for Jax? What else would you be willing to give up to make the trade happen?

I really don't see the upside other than a capmove. Which is fine, but, this could be worse than the Jamal Crawford deal.
So we'd be a half court set team when he's in the game? I know he has some range for a big man.....but come on...he's 1 injury shy of retirement.

Originally Posted by daprescription

[h2]Would You Trade Jax for Ilgauskas?[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 at 11:15 pm in Uncategorized.

One rumor I've heard lately is that the Warriors have talked with Cleveland about acquiring Zydrunas Ilgauskas from the Cavaliers.

This seems like a move the Warriors would love to make, which leads me to believe Cleveland either isn't that interested in Jackson (they did sign Anthony Parker and they have Delonte West at shooting guard already) or they want more in exchange for Ilgauskas' $11.5 million expiring contract.
As Jackson has already said, he would love to go to Cleveland. And a starting perimeter of Mo Williams, Stephen Jackson and LeBron James sounds pretty formidable, especially with the likes of Parker, West and Bobbie Gibson coming off the bench.
The Warriors couldn't ask for a better return for moving their disgruntled star. Sure, they'd pay more this year. But they'd get Jax's money off the books and go into the trade deadline with $22.8 million in expiring contracts (Z, Speedy, Acie Law, Devean George, Mikki Moore, C.J. Watson) or have that much come off the cap next offseason.
Of course, the Warriors might have to give up one of their expiring contracts to sweeten the deal for Cleveland, plus probably take another salary off Cleveland's hands (Delonte West? Daniel Gibson? Anderson Varejao?). The Cavs need to bring in some serious help to keep LeBron, especially if they don't win a title. Certainly, adding Jax's extension to their payroll wouldn't help them land Chris Bosh to pair with LeBron.
If this is on the table (no comment from GM Larry Riley, as is team policy), should the Warriors do it? Or is a possibly retiring center, and maybe a trade exception, not enough in exchange for Jax? What else would you be willing to give up to make the trade happen?

I personally believe that if Big Z would be traded here, he wouldn't even want to play in Oakland. Haha. If the W's are able to getanother big contract off their books, I am all for it. Just as long as the deal benefits the W's more.

the cavs would never trade big Z. he has been loyal to them, and its only they treat him the same, although basketball is all a business move...
good move imo though. he can rot the bench for all that matters, they got one long contract off their hands.

Big Z? I can't think of a player that would be a worse fit. If it's for the expiring contract, I guess I'd understand though.

wouldn't we have to throw in somebody else with jackson to make it work? in any case, don't think it'll happen. the cavs would rather let thatcontract expire and sign a big player for lebron this season than have jackson's contract take up the next 3 years.

but i guess it makes sense if they're trying to build a championship team now in hopes that lebron will stay...

I'd do that trade.

Jackson's already #$$*#%+ up the chemistry on this team. He's not a good influence on the younger players. Basically, its come to the point thatI'd accept any trade for him.

Ay y'all...do any of you know if Fitz flies with the team or is on their bus with them?

Well, Cleveland just signed Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon in the offseason. Hmm....

Some comments I read during the Warriors/Lakers game was that Stephen Jackson looked like he didn't even want to be here when he was on the court. Ifthat's how it's going to be, then I'd love to free up some capspace. Even if it is Big Z who would not mesh with our youth and athleticism on thecourt. If he were to even not play a second if he were traded here, I'd still welcome the move. Let this group of Warriors play together and maturetogether while getting rid of a Rowell mistake.

I don't know what I can watch more of, Jackson's ugly crossovers and terrible shot selections or Illgauskas' fetish of taking charges.

i'd do it, just for the expiring...big Z can shoot, which serves Nellie well, although he can't run up and down the court.

Of course Ilgauskas wouldn't be able to run the floor well, but maybe this would help with at least forcing Nelson's hand in putting a moreconventional lineup out there.

well Beans is the starting center anyway.
maybe the 2nd unit can be something a bit more organized instead of that random chucking.
or Z starting, Beans playing the 4, AR at the 3
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
, buike at the 2, and monta at the 1.
on the fast break, z can just chill in the back while beans runs the floor. it might work, thinking about how the team is pretty versatile excluding big z.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Of course Ilgauskas wouldn't be able to run the floor well, but maybe this would help with at least forcing Nelson's hand in putting a more conventional lineup out there.
imagine putting Claxton/Jackson/George/Moore/Ilgauskas on the court at the same time.
pimp.gif
Veteran leadership!

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Of course Ilgauskas wouldn't be able to run the floor well, but maybe this would help with at least forcing Nelson's hand in putting a more conventional lineup out there.
imagine putting Claxton/Jackson/George/Moore/Ilgauskas on the court at the same time.
pimp.gif
Veteran leadership!
Devean leading the pack! He's like an extension of Don Nelson out on the floor.
pimp.gif

I just looked at that lineup again. Wow, a grand total of 5 rings! Winners!
pimp.gif

Too bad that would never happen since Jackson would have to get traded for Big Z, forgot all about that
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Too bad that would never happen since Jackson would have to get traded for Big Z, forgot all about that
smh.gif
frown.gif
That totally slipped my mind. I was distracted by all the veteran leadership in that lineup.
frown.gif

thats no big deal.
you have the versatile swingman in buike. hes so athletic that he can play all 5 positions!

Back
Top Bottom