The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Sloane gets her third title this year (tied with Vika for most titles in the WTA in 2016) in Charleston. She's having a really weird year. Every tournament she plays, she either...

a) wins it; or

b) loses in the first round (or the second if she's given a bye in R1)

Nice to see the Bryan Bros get the win on clay in Houston. They've really been struggling as of late.

Last edited:
Welp, Nole goes down in the second round to Jiri Vesley in Monte Carlo. That's a pretty disappointing way to see him start off the clay court season. I'm not trying to make any excuses for Nole, but I can't image him not feeling any pressure playing on this surface with the French Open coming up next month.

I wonder if he'll decide to play Madrid this year...

Last edited:
Jo Willie takes out Fed in Monte Carlo.

Monfeces has a good shot of making his first (?) Masters 1000 final. I gotta give him credit for being really consistent at all the big events this year.

ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+Rolex+Masters+qOC9L24QNN3x.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+7mZD-ncX57Ix.jpg

Anyone else not like Murray?

His tennis has always been ehh to me and even though he's improved, he always seems to only skate by lately.

Glad Nadal washed him today.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't like Fed, Nadal or Murray. However, I like how Murray stands up for what's right and tells it like it is.

There's someone conspicuously missing in your list.

:lol:

TheWindScar31 and me are team Nole all day. We are the Ying and Yang. TheWindScar31 motivates Nole with negativity to keep him humble while I root for Nole to wash Fed, Nadal and Murray every chance he gets.

Last edited:
Anyone else not like Murray?

His tennis has always been ehh to me and even though he's improved, he always seems to only skate by lately.

Glad Nadal washed him today.

Hes as big of a lame as the ATP has to offer

There's someone conspicuously missing in your list.

laugh.gif
TheWindScar31 and me are team Nole all day. We are the Ying and Yang. TheWindScar31 motivates Nole with negativity to keep him humble while I root for Nole to wash Fed, Nadal and Murray every chance he gets.
I can respect that. Unlike Fed fans, I also like Djoko, especially after he matured.

He will go down as one of the GOATs. His current run is incredible.

I like Andy, but he tends to whine too much. I'm not saying he's the only player that does it, but it seems like he's ALWAYS barking at his box when things aren't going his way. Wasn't it the ATP World Finals where Andy's entire box moved up to the stands just so he wouldn't yell at them? Again, I like the guy, but it's pretty disappointing to see this type behavior from him every time I watch one of his matches.

Last edited:
I was indifferent towards Muzz, but after watching that BBC documentary, I appreciated him much more as a person.  Showed us a different side to his personality... how he really is as a person.  Much, much more to him than the tantrums we see on court.  

Anyone watch the final?  Very entertaining and very high quality in the first two sets.  I don't watch a lot of Gael matches, but that was probably the best two sets of tennis I've ever seen from him.  Just lost it mentally and physically in the third.  

Meanwhile for Rafa, he played at a much higher level all week... and considering his draw (Thiem, Stan, & Muzz), winning this was great for him.  Not the Rafa "of old" and not at Nole's level, but still very good.  

Rafael+Nadal+ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+VPEFmI6sEeEx.jpg

Lol.

Rafael+Nadal+ATP+Masters+Series+Monte+Carlo+3dMRB80bbwNx.jpg

I saw the doubles final (3rd Masters title in a row for Herbert/Mahut), but I crashed out after that, lol. I noticed the length of the match and the score of the first two sets and was very impressed. Being able to compete closely with Rafa and take a set off of him on clay is no easy feat.

Maybe this will be the year that Gael finally takes tennis seriously. [emoji]128586[/emoji]

Last edited:
Congrats to Rafa. 

Murray is cool. His game isn't all that IMO. But i'll watch his matches. 

I can respect that. Unlike Fed fans, I also like Djoko, especially after he matured.

He will go down as one of the GOATs. His current run is incredible.
Not sure if I can call myself a fan of a specific player in this era. 

I'm at a point now where I want Nick K. to bagel Nole. Just bagel him. At a grand slam. Not that I am a fan of Nick K. Don't like him either, just that he would be the perfect guy to beat Djokovic. and if he loses to him, nothing lost...its Nick K. Suicide squad style. 

Someone the other day told me Nole is going to go down as the best returner ever...I don't remember much after, I blacked out for 15 minutes. 

Rafa vs. that Italian player, episode 10, in Barcelona tomorrow. [emoji]128584[/emoji]

The latter has won three of the last five meetings, including two wins on clay.

Kei put up a more-than-good fight I felt... was unplayable at times, but was also very erratic.  Rafa just more solid.  Still not quite there  yet, but it's been a very good 2 weeks for him.  Hope he can build on it. 

Barcelona+Open+Banc+Sabadell+Day+7+CDCRCpyT79yx.jpg

Barcelona+Open+Banc+Sabadell+Day+7+3rWQcvbxsrZx.jpg

Barcelona+Open+Banc+Sabadell+Day+7+gvZsOFFvJFox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom