||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

In retrospect, they fix that up and that could out to be a banger.

I already knew this would happen tho, *goes back to bumping spitta*

Can't knock the man for trying to advance the hustle.

ummm, i love wiz's movement and his music BUT

That song is horrible.

laugh.gif

how long has he been rocking Jordans?? I know he said on a song he doesn't rock Js and rocks Chucks.  Saw him rocking the space jams at a concert.  On a side note, airport music part 2 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

how long has he been rocking Jordans?? I know he said on a song he doesn't rock Js and rocks Chucks.  Saw him rocking the space jams at a concert.  On a side note, airport music part 2 
pimp.gif
he was rocking them on that interview with Sway too

/\ You got a vendetta against Wiz or something? $$+% you in EVERY post concerning him with some sideways %$+% to say.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ You got a vendetta against Wiz or something? $$+% you in EVERY post concerning him with some sideways %$+% to say.
naw not all....i do make it a personal duty when someone tells me "rapper A > rapper B" and yet da facts prove otherwise.

i ain't mad at da kid at all..but son gotta REALLY work on his weaknesses before he tries to reach for that mainstream..if you don't sure up

that hiphop rapper base, as soon as u fall outta grace from da mainstream you cant run back to da hiphop lane cuz they'll shun you...T.I. spoke da exact

issue when it came to handling B.O.B.'s musically career...and its very intelligent.

Yo ninjahood.. you know the reason Wiz is mostly dope isnt his lyrical abilities right?
dude just makes that fly life music.. he's not trying to be the next nas or jay-z.
That sole reason is why MUSICALLY hes better than most of NYC rappers...
But as for that Freestyle.. dude shoulda just spit an old verse from his POTC/Grow Season days when he was dipset influenced...

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Yo ninjahood.. you know the reason Wiz is mostly dope isnt his lyrical abilities right?
dude just makes that fly life music.. he's not trying to be the next nas or jay-z.
That sole reason is why MUSICALLY hes better than most of NYC rappers...
But as for that Freestyle.. dude shoulda just spit an old verse from his POTC/Grow Season days when he was dipset influenced...
Yep
pimp.gif

why not try to strive for greatness? did you ever think that NYC rapper actually have longevity and are considered legends is

because they actually worked out that lyrical bone? and" musically better" is just a glorified term for a subjective opinion...if i value lyrics

then imma consider da dude a weak MC.....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

why not try to strive for greatness? did you ever think that NYC rapper actually have longevity and are considered legends is

because they actually worked out that lyrical bone? and" musically better" is just a glorified term for a subjective opinion...if i value lyrics

Times have changed dude..
as an MC Wiz can be weak...

but as a musician hes no where near weak.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Times have changed dude..
as an MC Wiz can be weak...

but as a musician hes no where near weak
you gotta look at da ROOT problem, which is music piracy, labels are only signing dudes that do catchy songs, leaving people that do

more thought provoking works of art to da back seat...wiz fits that "hey make a catchy song" mold, did you see that trash he tried to come out with "bad guys"
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

and if your a rapper and have wack bars, what kinda career you expect to have after da mainstream bores of you? rappers with lyrical abilites don't go away

because they have a STRONG fanbase that wont turn on em because they can spit, look at lloyd banks...NT wanted to bury him YEARS ago but because he

still has that lyrical ability he can still find support in his mixtape hardcore hiphop crowd till he gathers himself...its WAY easier to come up with a disposable

poppy track...hell you can BUY a hit if you want (like most these R&B singers do)

things like being a lyrical swordsman comes with hardwork and understanding da science of bars.

its as simple as being a baseball player and ALWAYS tryin to hit a homerun VS learning how to manufacture runs, learning how to bunt, learning how to move

da baserunners, etc.

VADO can be the next JAYZ or NAS
absolutely, because he's on his way to mastering his lyrical abilites....you can always try to crossover once you got your bars correct...it took jay-z 3 albums..it took

Nas 2 albums.....

I get what your saying but look at it this way..
Lets take him and Vado for an example.
Lyrically, Vado is clearly the better RAPPER than Wiz.
But musically, Wiz is more complete, his flows, his lyrics, his whole song structure, is what is making him expand to the mainstream.
Vado is still doing underground stuff, even with cosigns from Cam and Dipset.
Wiz hasnt had ANY cosigns, besides Curren$y, and that dude wasnt any bigger than Wiz was when they linked up.
Wiz is like Kid Cudi, even when the mainstream bores you, they still can make that good music, no pun intended.
Vado couldnt make a hit to save his life, and your lying if you think Vado, Nas, Jay-z havent made wack songs.
Every artist, well majority of artist, have wack songs.
Vado could NEVER be the next Nas or Hov based on your criteria.
Labels wont waste budget on 2 or 3 poorly selling albums for Vado to get hot like that.
This isnt the 90's, record sales are down.
Vado was lucky Slime Flu even dropped.

Back
Top Bottom