||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

Originally Posted by awwsome

Dudes said Vado can be the next Jay-Z or Nas?

This can't be life.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im like did he really just say that i cant be in the right forum

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Yo ninjahood.. you know the reason Wiz is mostly dope isnt his lyrical abilities right?
dude just makes that fly life music.. he's not trying to be the next nas or jay-z.
why not try to strive for greatness? did you ever think that NYC rapper actually have longevity and are considered legends is

because they actually worked out that lyrical bone? and" musically better" is just a glorified term for a subjective opinion...if i value lyrics

then imma consider da dude a weak MC.....

Times have changed dude..
as an MC Wiz can be weak...

but as a musician hes no where near weak
you gotta look at da ROOT problem, which is music piracy, labels are only signing dudes that do catchy songs, leaving people that do

more thought provoking works of art to da back seat...wiz fits that "hey make a catchy song" mold, did you see that trash he tried to come out with "bad guys"
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

and if your a rapper and have wack bars, what kinda career you expect to have after da mainstream bores of you? rappers with lyrical abilites don't go away

because they have a STRONG fanbase that wont turn on em because they can spit, look at lloyd banks...NT wanted to bury him YEARS ago but because he

still has that lyrical ability he can still find support in his mixtape hardcore hiphop crowd till he gathers himself...its WAY easier to come up with a disposable

poppy track...hell you can BUY a hit if you want (like most these R&B singers do)

things like being a lyrical swordsman comes with hardwork and understanding da science of bars.

its as simple as being a baseball player and ALWAYS tryin to hit a homerun VS learning how to manufacture runs, learning how to bunt, learning how to move

da baserunners, etc.

VADO can be the next JAYZ or NAS
absolutely, because he's on his way to mastering his lyrical abilites....you can always try to crossover once you got your bars correct...it took jay-z 3 albums..it took

Nas 2 albums.....

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

and glad to see my man taking over where Optimus left off
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

Dudes said Vado can be the next Jay-Z or Nas?

This can't be life.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 whats wrong with these dudes man, saying vado is the next jay or nas is liking saying kwame brown da next jordan...

Ya worse then some republicans...
grin.gif

Can ≠ will

But then again I'm dealing with children...

Vado has da potential to become da next jay-z & nas cuz

He has da proper skill sets, he just has to age...and who are ya to

Guess da rise of a superstar? None of ya twerps would've

ever guessed da medioric rise of lil wayne back in 99-00 or 50 cent...

Vado is on da track to greatness alot more faster then wiz is that's for sure...

Jay-z and nas were shredding instrumentals as youngins...not deflecting attention

Away from themselves cuz they couldn't freestyle...that's da first time I've EVER seen that...

every time i see ninjahood post, its defending something he represents...

cellphone, apartment, new york music...

lol...

but back to wiz...

homey makes good music. i just wish he would tone back the "lets get high, all day and all night" stee-lo...

black and gold is :smokinghat...

Yo ninjahood.. you know the reason Wiz is mostly dope isnt his lyrical abilities right?
dude just makes that fly life music.. he's not trying to be the next nas or jay-z.
why not try to strive for greatness? did you ever think that NYC rapper actually have longevity and are considered legends is

because they actually worked out that lyrical bone? and" musically better" is just a glorified term for a subjective opinion...if i value lyrics

then imma consider da dude a weak MC.....

Times have changed dude..
as an MC Wiz can be weak...

but as a musician hes no where near weak.
yea it was stupid of me to say that carry on chap

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

^^^^not all musicians play instruments

laugh.gif
grin.gif

since we're on that note let's call all these singin !%! rappers who can't really rap "musicians"

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

^^^^not all musicians play instruments

laugh.gif
grin.gif

since we're on that note let's call all these singin !%! rappers who can't really rap "musicians"
so Vado is a musician?
vado is a rapper, wiz a rapper....one just happens to be weaker at rapping more then da other..and yet his followers

wanna frame that critique on his as some sort of strength because he's relateable and cuz he makes catchy songs.

another annoyance i have is someone people claimin that being a capable lyricist is someone diminishable and dismissive attribute and

is more of a hindrance then a asset...if you RAP, its music..that argument that vado's style of rap isn't "music" is complete and utter garbage.

how can you legitimately call yourself a great artist if you can't do one of da most basic requirements of being a rapper? in my years as a

hiphop fan i've never seen someone do that on a freestyle session.....imagine if cam'ron saw JR writer do that back in 2003..he would've

kicked out da next day.

^ yo you got a crush on this n_a vado or something, i swear everytime someone start talking about hiphop you be quick to throw vado name out there and defend son like you his broad or something...pull your skirt down homie and hop off son nutts, he not that nice, if he was he'd sell out shows, which he damn sure doesnt do....

Again Ninjahood, times have changed.
You judging rappers strictly off their lyrical aspects shouldn't be allowed.
Wiz was never really that lyrically guy, if he was, he'd be just like Curren$y.
Musicians make MUSIC aka songs, good songs.
Vado makes rap songs, that get redundant after awhile.
Wiz is the better ARTIST because hes more complete well around.
And honestly, judging him off that freestyle is weak, he gets my respect for actually trying to freestyle, instead of spitting a prewritten.

dabasement2010 wrote:

^ yo you got a crush on this n_a vado or something, i swear everytime someone start talking about hiphop you be quick to throw vado name out there and defend son like you his broad or something...pull your skirt down homie and hop off son nutts, he not that nice, if he was he'd sell out shows, which he damn sure doesnt do....
eyes.gif

i compare wiz to vado because they're on da same class, if i compare wiz to someone more accomplished da stans will cry foul

and since when did talent dictate popularity & sales? you know ur smarter then that..hiphop is way more political then that...in a perfect world ability

would be da standard to which all artist was measured by by we don't live in a perfect world...

Again Ninjahood, times have changed.
You judging rappers strictly off their lyrical aspects shouldn't be allowed.

1. that's da most ******ed +##$ i've ever heard, if your a "rapper"then you are judged on your lyrical ability, or guess what..you're not a rapper..its da

same knock i got against kid cudi, you don't rap well cool..just wanna make songs? cool..go to another genre and do that..but you ain't gonna be deemed

a "rapper" playin one but actually having no ability..thats called being wack.
Musicians make MUSIC aka songs, good songs.
Vado makes rap songs, that get redundant after awhile.

thats just your opinion being injected as facts, rappers make tracks, if your songs are redundant thats a fault of being a stale rap ARTIST, not cuz rap isn't anything LESS THAN MUSIC

by your definiton anyone that doesn't make rap music is a "musician" and its always "good"
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Wiz is the better ARTIST because hes more complete well around.

Nas and Jay-z and 50 cent can all make songs too....doesn't make them any less weaker as lyrical dudes. so once again how is wiz more "well rounded" when he's lacking

And honestly, judging him off that freestyle is weak, he gets my respect for actually trying to freestyle, instead of spitting a prewritten.
eyes.gif
lil flip of all people can spit off da top of his dome and and we are all in consensus in regards to how we view him...

when you freestlye you are suring up that "hiphop base"" is a part of moving up that ladder...you think to a hiphop fan they gonna look at that video and go"yeah thats REAL hiphop"

peep this dude for example, never heard of him in my life before this video..but because son completely blew me with his lyrical wizardry imma be checkin for him...

bottomline: if you a rapper and you not saying nuffin, then "are you really a rapper?"

Back
Top Bottom