The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I don't have a ps4 yet so im all for the pro and thrilled. Fixing frame frate issues is much more important to me than graphics. One TB is great too.

But if the pro isnt doing something significant to improve VR, i don't see the point. I guess that's just where the industry is headed. It's always kind of been there to a point.

Do we still need the premium subscription to netflix to utilize the 4k resolution?

WHAT!?

You just spent 30 minutes saying HDR is what makes Pro, now all PS4's will have HDR?

WHATS THE POINT OF PRO? 

You're paying for 4K and theoretical improvement to games.

Last edited:
So with the HDR firmware upgrade for the PS4, will non HDR TVs be able to benefit from it?

I need to see this first before making any decisions... 

They mentioned it and showed some games and their improvements.

WHAT!?

You just spent 30 minutes saying HDR is what makes Pro, now all PS4's will have HDR?

WHATS THE POINT OF PRO? 

You're paying for 4K and theoretical improvement to games.

AFAIK, HDR is only available on 4k TV sets so for people who don't want to upgrade to PS4 pro but have a normal PS4, this is for them.

Last edited:
On the bright side, no longer sad about my FF XV preorder. 
laugh.gif

:lol:

I'm not going to sell my current PS4 at a horrible discounted rate and then turn around and hand Sony another $399 for a upgraded PS4 for HDR & 4K.

I'll wait for eventual price drop on PS VR. Heck thats even after I got to try and was impressed with Batman VR at comic con this year.

Right around my birthday and I just bought a 2016 model 4K TV. I'm in for the pro.

Last edited:
May just deal with the HDR update on the current PS4 to save some money...But price point of the Pro, makes it tempting lol.

Back
Top Bottom