The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I been saying that this video game industry is going to be like the phone industry by releasing a "new system" every year..

Have a 4K tv and a standard ps4 so it doesn't really make sense for me at this point.

The minute a 2K drops in native 4K I'm swapping though

An announcement next year with a release date in 2018 would give PS4 Pro 2 years time which is more than enough time. As I've said in the past, I could careless about BC. It's a nice feature but not a must have imo. I'd rather MS and Sony invest that money elsewhere. I still have my PS3 and I'll keep my PS4 to play any last gen games that spark my interest. NX is the only console I want to have BC and that's because I hate the Wii U controllers. I want to play those exclusives with a regular controller.
ps4 was announced>released in the same year. I was going by that.

ps5 will most likely use x86 making BC easier to implement regardless of it being a requested feature.

This new model upgrade is stupid. I've been anti Neo since rumors and now that it's real, I'm still against it. Plus, no 4K :lol:, good job Sony.

This new model upgrade is stupid. I've been anti Neo since rumors and now that it's real, I'm still against it. Plus, no 4K :lol:, good job Sony.

And then I told them 399 US Dollars.

View media item 2158636

NeoGAF is in shambles tonight

As expected, they fell in love with that 399 price point SMH

PS4 PRO looks like a ******* parking garage

copping the slim and Pro and all the accessories just because 

You a fool for real

PS Pro $499 in Canada.

Pro + PS VR Bundle = $1200

200.gif

View media item 881713

Last edited:
Pre-ordered my PS4 Pro.

You know Devs are going to add better graphics for Pro users. I'm ready.

PS4 pro >>>>>>>>>>> PS4 >>>> XBone S

Xbone S is just a slim Xbone with HDR support and UHD Blu-Ray playback.

PS4 pro has an upgraded CPU and increased CPU clock which is why it can run games at 4K (Not native) and will have better looking/ running games than normal PS4.

I'm not sure how the PS4 >>>> Xbox One S

Damn so I don't know whether to cop a PS4 slim when it drops or just wait a few more months and get the Pro for $100 more although i don't have a 4K TV.

lmao im in the same boat...although the slim design is eh...

i have a 4k tv w/ hdr and i might be buying into the pro. what i dont understand is why not 4KBR that is crazy not to have it. I dont even think it is firmware capable.

seeing i already own a 4k blu ray player with movies the whole format/hardware is new so the ps4 must have shipped with or without it. if not i dont see a firmware update coming for it.

such a let down.

From a purely design stand point the One S >>>

And yeah, 4K blu ray playback too....

The PS4 pro better have some major graphic improvements. I'll still probably get one regardless. But the announcement was pretty underwhelming.

Last edited:
i completely disagree with your guys's posts

the reason 499/599 looked ridiculous was because there was no non-ridiculous price point of entry

if the 20gb ps3 released at 399 and the 60gb released at 499/599, no one would have complained about 599

its the same situation i see now, who cares about people complaining about 499/599 when there's a 299 option

which brings me to my next point, why 399?  they already appealed to the people who were unwilling to go over 399 with the OG ps4, why did they have to do it again? they fell in love with that number and it shows, especially the lack of 4kbdr

this was their opportunity to bring out a beast of a machine for the enthusiasts but they decided to try and reach as many people as possible for 399, we'll see how that goes

All people remember was $599. Some who weren't into gaming at the time didn't know about the 20GB option because all they heard from people is $599.

As for $399, yea it's the strategic sweet spot and they're playing safe because this has never been done before.

I agree though, I would have preferred more power but does the general consumer want to pay that amount of money though?

I wasn't really expecting much from the Pro just like I don't expect much from Scorpio. After all those rumors, I was hoping for a new Vita and a some new games.

Vita ain't getting a successor. Not in this climate.

I wonder what the chances of Sony announcing PS5 late next year are.

Too early, this gen is stretching to 2019 minimum if you go by last gen.

In terms of specs PS4 is more powerful than the Xbone S

No UHD blu ray player playback. That's a joke, right? Must be some sort of a typo.

They had it. THEY FRIGGIN HAD IT! They owned the console market and now they pull of this mind **** of a move? Why are they doing this to themselves. The gaming branch is what's keeping Sony alive as a company. This might bury them.

No UHD blu ray player playback. That's a joke, right? Must be some sort of a typo.

They had it. THEY FRIGGIN HAD IT! They owned the console market and now they pull of this mind **** of a move? Why are they doing this to themselves. The gaming branch is what's keeping Sony alive as a company. This might bury them.
Very weird that it supports and boasts 4K gaming but doesn't ******* support the UHD discs.

What else is sad that it has no 4k BR is because sony makes plenty of 4k tvs and movies with HDR and to have a product in their lineup that does not have 4k BR is a joke seeing they dont even have a dedicated 4k BR player on the market that is native 4k not this upscale crap, and allow bitstream audio this could of definitely been their first one on the market. This was a good opportunity to sweep the XBONE and XBONE S even more

they really done gave M$ a chance to catch up now. :smh:

waited on this conference for nothing.

Last edited:
What else is sad that it has no 4k BR is because sony makes plenty of 4k tvs and movies with HDR and to have a product in their lineup that does not have 4k BR is a joke seeing they dont even have a dedicated 4k BR player on the market that is native 4k not this upscale crap, and allow bitstream audio this could of definitely been their first one on the market. This was a good opportunity to sweep the XBONE and XBONE S even more

they really done gave M$ a chance to catch up now.
mean.gif

waited on this conference for nothing.
The only thing I was excited for about this presentation was to see the final design and name of the new console. I knew the specs and I thought that UHD blu ray playback would pretty much be an automatic addition. I didn't even think that it would be a possibility that the new console wouldn't have UHD playback. The Xbox One S has it and it's not even a real upgrade, it's basically their version of the PS Slim. And it turns out that Sony's REAL console upgrade doesn't have it. Wow. Are they kidding??

The only thing I was excited for about this presentation was to see the final design and name of the new console. I knew the specs and I thought that UHD blu ray playback would pretty much be an automatic addition. I didn't even think that it would be a possibility that the new console wouldn't have UHD playback. The Xbox One S has it and it's not even a real upgrade, it's basically their version of the PS Slim. And it turns out that Sony's REAL console upgrade doesn't have it. Wow. Are they kidding??

only thing i can think of it may had to do with cost and maybe M$ could eat the cost of putting 4k playback in their system where sony could not. but still it is ridiculous for sony not having that feature seeing they were the ones who brought BR to gaming consoles.

is there going to be another system dropping next year like M$ is doing?

Finally got AC wireless though. OG PS4 should've had that.

AC cool and all I do agree with that but it does not help if your internet is slow or your PS is on the other side of the house.

AC works best when you are doing stuff data intensive within your house that does not require the internet. I see it helping with remote play within your house but does no good if the other device is not AC compatible.

Back
Top Bottom