The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

No they are not

Que?

Crystal Dynamics' Rise of the Tomb Raider was one of the few PlayStation 4 Pro titles at the showcase that will offer improved frame rates. According to studio head Scott Amos, Rise of the Tomb Raider includes three different graphic options in its menu: 4K Resolution, Enhanced Visuals at 1080p, and High Framerate at 1080p.

4K resolution was the option on display at the event, showing off a crisp, clean image quality at 30 fps. The Enhanced Visual mode turns on all the effects at 1080p resolution, including improved lighting, high shadow detail, reflections, and additional rendering passes, while still holding onto a locked 30 fps. Finally, the High Framerate mode is an unlocked frame rate for the title, which Amos noted has run at frame rates above 45 in internal tests.

http://www.usgamer.net/amp/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-on-ps4-pro-has-high-frame-rate-option

I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't know that so many people were actually buying UHD and 4K blu rays etc. I'm sure they go on sale but them joints MSRP at like $35+. It's been years since I've actually bought a movie that wasn't a Marvel Studios film. I never would have thought that 4k blu ray player would hold so much weight in a video game console.

No they are not

Que?

Crystal Dynamics' Rise of the Tomb Raider was one of the few PlayStation 4 Pro titles at the showcase that will offer improved frame rates. According to studio head Scott Amos, Rise of the Tomb Raider includes three different graphic options in its menu: 4K Resolution, Enhanced Visuals at 1080p, and High Framerate at 1080p.

4K resolution was the option on display at the event, showing off a crisp, clean image quality at 30 fps. The Enhanced Visual mode turns on all the effects at 1080p resolution, including improved lighting, high shadow detail, reflections, and additional rendering passes, while still holding onto a locked 30 fps. Finally, the High Framerate mode is an unlocked frame rate for the title, which Amos noted has run at frame rates above 45 in internal tests.

http://www.usgamer.net/amp/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-on-ps4-pro-has-high-frame-rate-option
We shouldn't be worried about graphics and more about the frame rate. A lot of people do not have HDR on their 4k TV which is what system needs to produce.

Why would I want to play a game one a 4k TV at 30fps when it's going to drop lower throughout the game.

Give me 1080 60fps any day.

Last edited:
Ok, experts. So I have a regular 1080P TV. I don't really care about 4K and will probably not be getting another tv for about another 4-5 years.

So my question...I don't have a PS4 yet but do want to cop it just for the Battlefront VR game, so that means I'm better off waiting on the Pro since my TV specs will be irrelevant for the VR add-on anyway, right?

Last edited:
But devs are not making 4k 60fps games. They will do 1080p 45fps at best in the near future
Sorry for the confusion. I meant that games going forward will have to have some ps4 pro features. More pixels/better framerates like cerny said.

That rumor still stands about devs being forced to submit two versions of their games. Or was it disproven now?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that games going forward will have to have some ps4 pro features. More pixels/better framerates like cerny said.

That rumor still stands about devs being forced to submit two versions of their games. Or was it disproven now?
I thought it was up to devs to make the decision if they want to do it? I understand devs that make PS4 exclusives will most likely have to make two versions of the game since that's what Sony would want

But devs are not making 4k 60fps games. They will do 1080p 45fps at best in the near future
We already have 1080p 60fps games.

60fps is a design choice. if devs want their games to be 60fps they will make it so by sacrificing other details.
Persona 5 is going to be 60fps as en example. They could have made it 30fps and made it look better if they want.

Ok, experts. So I have a regular 1080P TV. I don't really care about 4K and will probably not be getting another tv for about another 4-5 years.

So my question...I don't have a PS4 yet but do want to cop it just for the Battlefront VR game, so that means I'm better off waiting on the Pro since my TV specs will be irrelevant for the VR add-on anyway, right?

Yes, PS4 Pro offers imrpovements to all new PS4 games going forward. Older games will need to be patched to take advantage of the pro's extra power but first party games will be getting an update.

Yea, Sony made it mandatory for devs to have a mode that takes afvantage of the Neo's extra power.

If you do have a PS4 already I would go with the Pro since you will have not played with the OG on the regular. You will gain a lot of benefits on your 1080 tv.

To hell with all this Pro talk, who'said excited for TGS next week? What are you guys' expectations and predictions?

We already have 1080p 60fps games.

60fps is a design choice. if devs want their games to be 60fps they will make it so by sacrificing other details.
Persona 5 is going to be 60fps as en example. They could have made it 30fps and made it look better if they want.

Yes, PS4 Pro offers imrpovements to all new PS4 games going forward. Older games will need to be patched to take advantage of the pro's extra power but first party games will be getting an update.

Yea, Sony made it mandatory for devs to have a mode that takes afvantage of the Neo's extra power.
Off the top of my head
COD
FIFA
Journey
D3

Not sure on this one TLOU

That are 60fps

Eh GR2 is right around the corner, I don't need to see anything else on it but I'm sure it's coming. Nier would be nice. I want some NNK 2 and DQ XI news, maybe a release window. Anything FF related (besides XV and World of FF, right around the corner) is always welcome.

Head count, who's getting PSVR?

I am.

Going to start looking into what games i'll pick up.
I'm in on day 1. Had my gamestop pre-order for a minute. VR is a literal game changer.

Been waiting for this my whole life. And I know its first gen hardware, but I'm willing to be an early adopter for this.

Back
Top Bottom