The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Got Lords of the Fallen for free on both PS4 and X1 and haven't even attempted to play it.

Thanks everyone :smokin

Hey RPG friends... Forgive me, I know it's wii u, but Anyone try Tokyo mirage sessions?? I like it a lot so far.

Thanks everyone
smokin.gif

Hey RPG friends... Forgive me, I know it's wii u, but Anyone try Tokyo mirage sessions?? I like it a lot so far.
No, but this a Trails of Cold Steel always pop up as games I need to play. We finally got the latter (if just on PS3 and Vita for now).

I was hoping Atlus would pull it to another platform.

No, but this a Trails of Cold Steel always pop up as games I need to play. We finally got the latter (if just on PS3 and Vita for now).

I was hoping Atlus would pull it to another platform.

I haven't played TOCS.. might have to grab it, looks pretty fun :nerd:

I really really want to play ToCS but not on PS3. I'm hopeful it'll get ported to PS4 when ToCS 3 releases.

Speaking of JRPGs, I've logged about 5 hours in Star Ocean V. @empirestrikesfirst

- combat is meh. I feel like it's a huge step back from The Last Hope. You use X for light attack and O for heavy attack. You can change the move assigned to that button but it's only one move per button. If I remember correctly, TLH allowed you to use the d-pad in conjunction with the face buttons to do more attacks/combos.

- I'm not sure if it's loading issues or frame rates but there's times where you characters will just kind of stand around during cut scenes and nothing will trigger for a decent amount of seconds. Because all cuts scenes are seamless transition, you don't always know if your in a cut scene or the game is just "not responding".

- seamless battles. Not a huge gripe but I prefer the pre-battle screen before I head into battle.

+ setting roles, learning new roles. pretty much allows you to dictate who will do what as far attacking, healing, tanking etc. I feel like a lot of JRPGs have taken this freedom away.

+ typical JRPG grinding elements i.e. side quests, hunts, crafting

+ decent amount of characters (so far). As shown in previous trailers, you can now have up to 7 characters in battle, however you can only play with up to 3 (maybe 4 of them). I'm only 5 hours in so these characters might not be vital to the story, hence why you cannot play with them.

Overall, I can tell I probably won't enjoy this SO game as much as I did TLH but I'm definitely liking enough to finish it and possibly go for the platinum (it's no where near as hard as SO4
mean.gif
laugh.gif
).

Finally Finished Dragon Age Inquisition.

5/5

Similar to TW3 with less engaging quests/combat.

Still deserving of goty 2014, if we leave Forza Horizon 2 out of the equation.

I really really want to play ToCS but not on PS3. I'm hopeful it'll get ported to PS4 when ToCS 3 releases.

Speaking of JRPGs, I've logged about 5 hours in Star Ocean V. @empirestrikesfirst

- combat is meh. I feel like it's a huge step back from The Last Hope. You use X for light attack and O for heavy attack. You can change the move assigned to that button but it's only one move per button. If I remember correctly, TLH allowed you to use the d-pad in conjunction with the face buttons to do more attacks/combos.

- I'm not sure if it's loading issues or frame rates but there's times where you characters will just kind of stand around during cut scenes and nothing will trigger for a decent amount of seconds. Because all cuts scenes are seamless transition, you don't always know if your in a cut scene or the game is just "not responding".

- seamless battles. Not a huge gripe but I prefer the pre-battle screen before I head into battle.

+ setting roles, learning new roles. pretty much allows you to dictate who will do what as far attacking, healing, tanking etc. I feel like a lot of JRPGs have taken this freedom away.

+ typical JRPG grinding elements i.e. side quests, hunts, crafting

+ decent amount of characters (so far). As shown in previous trailers, you can now have up to 7 characters in battle, however you can only play with up to 3 (maybe 4 of them). I'm only 5 hours in so these characters might not be vital to the story, hence why you cannot play with them.

Overall, I can tell I probably won't enjoy this SO game as much as I did TLH but I'm definitely liking enough to finish it and possibly go for the platinum (it's no where near as hard as SO4
mean.gif
laugh.gif
).
Nice. The combat isn't a huge deal to me, as the first couple Star Oceans were nothing to write home about. I'll definitely look to grab this when I see a sale pop up. Nice to hear the Plat is attainable too.

Who's copping Dishonored 2?

I haven't seen to much gameplay on it and I didn't finish the first one even though I thought it was pretty dope. It was just one of those PS3 game that I didn't want to spend money on for the PS4 definitive edition.

If you pre order Dishonored 2 it comes with a digital download of the first game.

I haven't seen to much gameplay on it and I didn't finish the first one even though I thought it was pretty dope. It was just one of those PS3 game that I didn't want to spend money on for the PS4 definitive edition.

If you pre order Dishonored 2 it comes with a digital download of the first game.
Dishonored 1 was innovative similar to mirror's edge.

The variety of ways to kill/not kill was cool to me.

Dis2 is getting copped day 30-60.

Last edited:
Man I tried pre ordering the legendary gold edition of NBA 2K17 at Best Buy today and they said it was to close and that I wouldn't get a physical copy of the game and that it would be digital download only.

What sucks is that it's one of the games on Best Buy' s list of pre order and get a $10 gift card promo.

I keep looking at that FF XV Slim PS4. I feel like SE should do a LE for the Pro too. $450 is ridiculous for the less powerful console. I know it has the game ($90 value) but I don't think I can do it, knowing that the Pro is $50 cheaper. I don't even want the Pro but I don't want to pay an extra $150 for a less powerful console either.

#1stWorldProblems

i loved Dishonored 1. i played the definitive edition when it was on sale and am really excited for the sequel 

Back
Top Bottom