The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I just looked at the release lineup for February 2017. Y'all do realize something is going to get delayed, right?

I'm gonna say Horizon gets delayed to May :smh:

I just looked at the release lineup for February 2017. Y'all do realize something is going to get delayed, right?

I'm gonna say Horizon gets delayed to May
mean.gif
I hope Horizon doesn't get delayed.

What???? Read through the comment section of the article from the site where that video was posted. Everyone agrees that 1080p 60fps > 4K 30fps. Overwhelmingly so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-if-ps4-pro-uncharted-4-ran-at-60fps

1080p doesn't look as good as 4K, but it still looks good. 30fps looks choppy no matter what the resolution. It would've easily been a better solution to prioritize frame rate over resolution. Make a poll on any gaming community site and see for yourself.
doesnt matter what people on comment sections think

youre average joe gamer isnt posting on comment sections

like i said, a subset of a subset

You may be right, that the layperson cares more about better graphics, but that's only because they don't know better.

It also doesn't mean that it's more important to the gaming experience.

Differences in graphical fidelity can be casually observed, whereas 60 fps vs 30 fps has to be felt via gameplay sessions.

I'd bet if you could educate the casual gaming public, they'd care less about graphics and more about framerate as its more integral to the experience.

A cel-shaded Zelda game can be immersive, and a photorealistic shooter can be immersive, but a game that frequently dips in frame rate can't be.
no they wouldnt

i played uncharted 4 just fine and didnt give 2 ***** that it wasnt 60 fps, in fact, i was more "pissed off" that it didnt meet the e3 debut trailer in terms of graphics

Last edited:
I told my 8 yr old that they were adding an expansion to Naruto Storm 4. I told him it drops Feb 2017 and he asked why did they even announce it if it's so far away :lol:

Welcome to modern day gaming son :smh: :lol:

I told my 8 yr old that they were adding an expansion to Naruto Storm 4. I told him it drops Feb 2017 and he asked why did they even announce it if it's so far away :lol:

They are? :nerd:

And I started Dark Souls 2 on PS4 :wow:. It looks GOOD. 60 FPS is better looking than DS3 IMO.

And I also picked up Bloodborne :pimp:

Reinstalling Destiny. I have a level 21 warlock.

What am I doing?

I'm probably just going to shoot some things for a bit.

Can i play MP or will I get killed because my weapons suck?

Last edited:

They are? :nerd:

And I started Dark Souls 2 on PS4 :wow:. It looks GOOD. 60 FPS is better looking than DS3 IMO.

And I also picked up Bloodborne :pimp:
Yeah it's called Road to Boruto.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/naruto-s...d-to-boruto-first-screenshots-release-details

DS2 does run great but I just couldn't get into it like I did Bloodborne. I was tempted to pick up DS3 on this PSN sale but I'm holding out til BF.

Last edited:

Doom arrived today. I'll currently have Fallout 4, Bloodborne, and Doom all on the go, one week before Rise of Iron.

200.gif

I'm hoping I can get DOOM for $20 or less on BF. How's BB coming along? Once I got the hang of it, I couldn't put it down.
Its great. I just got smashed by the Blood Starved Beast. I have to figure out his move set I think. I barely got him to 3/4 health.

I get so caught up with going to Hunter's Dream, then back to Yarnam and killing all the random enemies that respawn. It ends up being hours long loops. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Reinstalling Destiny. I have a level 21 warlock.

What am I doing?

I'm probably just going to shoot some things for a bit.

Can i play MP or will I get killed because my weapons suck?
You'll be absolutely fine. Everything scales in crucible (minus Iron Banner and Trials). You'll be at a slight disadvantage with vanilla weapons, but just find one that feels good and you'll be fine.

Play team based stuff to make it even more level.

Focus on grabbing bounties and working on them while playing crucible. If you get bored with that, jump into strike playlists. It will auto-populate 2 more people for you to complete them with.

The road to 40 isn't that tough. And if you have TTK, the story content is actually decent enough to follow.

Last edited:
DS3 is definitely more challenging but I think I preferred the BB experience by just a small amount.

Just started playing DS3 I like it better than BB feels more in depth but man I am lost as hell when it comes to all the attributes and what everything means.

If only i could play online with my PS friends on a PC I would than consider making a PC

how much nowadays does it cost to build a 4K gaming PC? I know it has to be pretty expensive.

Last edited:
Just started playing DS3 I like it better than BB feels more in depth but man I am lost as hell when it comes to all the attributes and what everything means.

If only i could play online with my PS friends on a PC I would than consider making a PC

how much nowadays does it cost to build a 4K gaming PC? I know it has to be pretty expensive.
This site is really helpful at breaking everything down. 

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+3+Wiki

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
[table][tr][th=""]Type[/th][th=""]Item[/th][th=""]Price[/th][/tr][tr][td]CPU[/td][td]Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor[/td][td]$229.00 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]CPU Cooler[/td][td]Cooler Master Hyper T4 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler[/td][td]$28.98 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Motherboard[/td][td]Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard[/td][td]$113.67 @ Amazon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory[/td][td]Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory[/td][td]$71.99 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive[/td][td]$119.99 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive[/td][td]$49.99 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Case[/td][td]Cooler Master Silencio 352 MicroATX Mini Tower Case[/td][td]$64.99 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Power Supply[/td][td]SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply[/td][td]$85.78 @ Amazon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Operating System[/td][td]Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit[/td][td]$90.72 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wireless Network Adapter[/td][td]Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter[/td][td]$36.00 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Keyboard[/td][td]Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse[/td][td]$29.99 @ B&H[/td][/tr][tr][td]Monitor[/td][td]PCPartPicker 2016-09-15 02:56 EDT-0400[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]
^for 4k/60fps

vfor 4k/30-45fps 

$2121.09 with a gtx 1080 video card

Back
Top Bottom