The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Forza Horizon 3 looks :wow:

I had the Halo One S bundle in my hands at Best Buy the other day. It took every bone in my body not to Robocopp

Forza Horizon 3 looks
eek.gif

Metacritic's already at 90.

Last edited:
probably thinking about how to milk fools of their money in Red Dead Online.

Not as many cool things to purchase back in those days.

The constant updates to GTA Online and shark card purchases is keeping the cash flowing in to Rockstar so they're probably taking their time on whatever game they're developing.
Indeed. I remember deleting gtav on 360(remaster dropped), then seeing a couple gigs worth of free updates left to delete.

Thinking gta online is basically another game in it's own right.

And your surprised ?

R* is known for taking they're time developing games. Not since the PS2 era have the popped out a GTA game every year or within a 2 year period and that was because they had a time based exclusive deal with Sony back then.

Now if EA succeeded in trying to do a hostile takeover of R* & Take 2 like they tried a few years back then ya R* probably would have lost the key members of they're team and would have turned into a game dev annualizing GTA and Red Dead games on a yearly basis like what we see happening with COD games.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Telltale Batman has tech issues on consoles too

The Telltale Series, we might finally have reached the point where the best choice is not to play at all until the developer comprehensively addresses some serious issues.

The primary issues centre on poor image quality and often terrible performance. On PlayStation 4, Telltale has opted for a 900p presentation, while the Xbox One version operates at 720p. We've seen this split before, typically in high performance titles such as Star Wars Battlefront, but it's surprising to see this in a title with considerably lower visual aspirations. Strictly speaking, the actual resolution is lower. The game is letterboxed, effectively lowering the resolution to 1600x766 on PS4 and 1280x614 on Xbox One. With these results, Telltale has set a new record for the lowest resolution in a shipping game on PlayStation 4 to date, and it would be true of Xbox One as well if not for Ark: Survival Evolved, which is ever so slightly lower.
The most serious issue here is frame-rate - despite the low resolution in use, performance is remarkably low and inconsistent throughout the experience. Both versions operate with an uncapped frame-rate and a double buffer v-sync configuration. You can expect results anywhere from 60 frames per second all the way down to 15 and this can happen within a single scene, resulting in a remarkably choppy experience.

:x :x :x

Old article but I think people need to start taking a stand against telltale games that perform like this.

Last edited:
I think people need to start taking a stand against telltale games that perform like this.
roll.gif

TTG metacritic scores:

the wolf among us: 80s

the walking dead s1-2: 80s-90s

tales from the borderlands: mid 80s

batman: mid 70s

Telltale games are the video game equivalent of fast food.

They got like 5 upcoming projects coming to every platform imaginable. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't like their games to perform better, but TTG's has already hit it's stride in terms of game output.

When I first loaded up TWD demo I thought it was trash. Character walked slow and everything looked a little too grainy/blurry.

After a while, the performance became a key sign that I was playing a TTG.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
:rofl:
TTG metacritic scores:
the wolf among us: 80s
the walking dead s1-2: 80s-90s
tales from the borderlands: mid 80s
batman: mid 70s

Telltale games are the video game equivalent of fast food.
They got like 5 upcoming projects coming to every platform imaginable. 
I'm not saying I wouldn't like their games to perform better, but TTG's has already hit it's stride in terms of game output.

When I first loaded up TWD demo I thought it was trash. Character walked slow and everything looked a little too grainy/blurry.
After a while, the performance became a key sign that I was playing a TTG.:pimp:  

People have always complained but you would think that things should get better nor worse over time.

The batman game is running worse than their older titles and is meant to be using a new engine.

People have always complained but you would think that things should get better nor worse over time.

The batman game is running worse than their older titles and is meant to be using a new engine.
Are the ppl complaining still buying their games?

If so, there's no incentive for TTG to up the ante.

Also what if it's a tradeoff like better permforance, but the game's story takes a hit.

Personally, i'd rather them focus on the story than perforamce.

Again, assuming it's a tradeoff.

TTGs are only 6-7hr.

Are the ppl complaining still buying their games?
If so, there's no incentive for TTG to up the ante.
Also what if it's a tradeoff like better permforance, but the game's story takes a hit.
Personally, i'd rather them focus on the story than perforamce.
Again, assuming it's a tradeoff.
TTGs are only 6-7hr.

Well in the UK, Batman did not debut high on the charts.

Ubisoft after AssCreed Unity took the decision to stop making the game annually even though it sells millions every year.
It was a good idea too since the last AssCreed paid for Unity's sins in terms of sales even though it was a better game critically.

Also, I can't see there been a trade off between story and performance. Performance and game mechanics yes but telltale games are adventure games and are quite simple.

It was understandable when they were a small studio but they're landing big deals now. I'll even argue that bad performance can even hurt the story because it ruins the immersion.

They just need to sort the performance out while keeping the high bar for the stories.

Last edited:
Also, I can't see there been a trade off between story and performance. Performance and game mechanics yes but telltale games are adventure games and are quite simple.
TTG probably supports more platforms than any dev and they self-publish.
It was understandable when they were a small studio but they're landing big deals now. I'll even argue that bad performance can even hurt the story because it ruins the immersion.
I've played a majority of the TTGs. IMO, no it doesn't. You can play TTG on your phone, so IDK why TTG should be "boycotted" until they make their games 1080p/30fps. 
They just need to sort the performance out while keeping the high bar for the stories.
I don't think it's a simple fix when they support so many platforms. Their games are on android, ios, windows, osx, nextgen, and lastgen. All I'm saying is that there's probably a tradeoff. Instead of performance, i'd rather TTG drop a season netflix style.

gow vs. gow

Last edited:
I've been feeling the same way with TTG. The gameplay is just too slow and laggy for me. I'll finish the ones that I already have but I'm not sure if I'll ever by another one of their games. I definitely will not buy anything from them for full price. To each is own.

I've been feeling the same way with TTG. The gameplay is just too slow and laggy for me. I'll finish the ones that I already have but I'm not sure if I'll ever by another one of their games. I definitely will not buy anything from them for full price. To each is own.
The walking parts are the worst thing about TTGs, I wish there was an auto walk button like in far cry 4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom