The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I've been feeling the same way with TTG. The gameplay is just too slow and laggy for me. I'll finish the ones that I already have but I'm not sure if I'll ever by another one of their games. I definitely will not buy anything from them for full price. To each is own.

Wolf Among Us was flames tho

I've been feeling the same way with TTG. The gameplay is just too slow and laggy for me. I'll finish the ones that I already have but I'm not sure if I'll ever by another one of their games. I definitely will not buy anything from them for full price. To each is own.

Wolf Among Us was flames tho
It's just not something I care to play. I'd almost rather watch someone else play a TTG

The walking parts are the worst thing about TTGs, I wish there was an auto walk button like in far cry 4.
Agreed.

TTG probably supports more platforms than any dev and they self-publish.
I've played a majority of the TTGs. IMO, no it doesn't. You can play TTG on your phone, so IDK why TTG should be "boycotted" until they make their games 1080p/30fps. 
I don't think it's a simple fix when they support so many platforms. Their games are on android, ios, windows, osx, nextgen, and lastgen. All I'm saying is that there's probably a tradeoff. Instead of performance, i'd rather TTG drop a season netflix style.

I don't see how them being on loads of platforms is an excuse. Don't bite off more than you can chew. This one of the reasons why Mighty No. 9 failed, because they tried to port the game to every platform.

If you're going to stretch your team developing for multiple platforms at once then prioritize. Build for consoles then PC then smartphones or in whichever order makes financial sense.

There are games on multiple platforms like FIFA or minecraft that are fine.

When your latest game which has the latest engine is performing the worst then that calls for action on the consumers part till its fixed. I didn't even say 1080p/30fps but is that asking for too much?
Even a lower resolution but fixed framerate would be fine.

I don't see how them being on loads of platforms is an excuse. Don't bite off more than you can chew. This one of the reasons why Mighty No. 9 failed, because they tried to port the game to every platform.

If you're going to stretch your team developing for multiple platforms at once then prioritize. Build for consoles then PC then smartphones or in whichever order makes financial sense.

There are games on multiple platforms like FIFA or minecraft that are fine.

When your latest game which has the latest engine is performing the worst then that calls for action on the consumers part till its fixed. I didn't even say 1080p/30fps but is that asking for too much?
Even a lower resolution but fixed framerate would be fine.
I'm not excusing TTG's shortcomings. In a perfect world, TTGs would run at 1080p/1000fps.

I don't see how MN9 situation correlates. TTGs try to support every platform imaginable, even Ouya.

Whereas the MN9 situation to my knowledge, the other platforms were stretch goals. Not necessarily platforms they planned on supporting from the get-go.

The bottom line is optimizing performance to-the-T isn't TTG's highest priority. From my limited view of what TTG is, juggling/shipping 5-7 ips in a reasonable time frame is their priority.

For emphasis,

[h1]VIRTUAL REALITY PIONEER MARK BOLAS MOVES TO MICROSOFT[/h1]
nerd.gif

Forza Horizon 4k will be based in Tokyo and will support VR.

Quote me on that by 9/30/18. 

$20 to whoever proves me wrong.

Last edited:
Anyone elses Netflix stop working after the last update? It works on every other device, and my internet connection is fine.

Today only at Best Buy

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Day One Edition (PS4 or Xbox One) $39.99 ($31.99 w/ GCU)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Collector's Edition (PS4 or Xbox One) $89.99 ($71.99 w/ GCU)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4 or Xbox One) $19.99 ($15.99 w/ GCU)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3 or Xbox 360) $9.99 ($7.99 w/ GCU)

Mighty No. 9 (PS4, Xbox One or Wii U) $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU)

Mighty No. 9: Signature Edition (PS4 or Xbox One) $29.99 ($23.99 w/ GCU)

RBI Baseball 2016 (PS4) $9.99 ($7.99 w/ GCU

Geoff Keighley and YouTube Gaming stars to do weekly live talk show
View media item 2174719
Game media personality Geoff Keighley is launching a new weekly live talk show with YouTube Gaming to celebrate gaming culture.

Live with YouTube Gaming premieres on September 29 as a joint production of Keighley, host of The Game Awards and YouTube Live at E3, and YouTube’s own top gaming video creators. The show suggests there’s lots of money to be made not only making games, but making videos about games as well.

Keighley will host an hour-long show that will air live on YouTube Gaming and other top creator channels. Featured YouTubers in season one include MatPat (The Game Theorist), iHasCupQuake, iJustine, Nadeshot, AngryJoeShow, and UnboxTherapy.

The show will also feature breaking news, exclusive first-looks at upcoming video games, live “Let’s Plays” and competitions, updates on the world of eSports, sneak previews of upcoming creator content, as well as game-inspired musical performances from some of the today’s biggest names in the music industry. The premiere episode will feature an exclusive new look the Titanfall 2 single player campaign from Respawn Entertainment.

Live with YouTube Gaming will be available on YouTube’s gaming app and website, as well as top creator channels. YouTube Gaming creators will be active participants and producers, contributing weekly content that will also be available as video-on-demand clips on their respective channels.

The program will anchor YouTube’s “Primetime with YouTube Gaming,” a new platform for gamers to come together on weekdays and watch, chat, and interact with top creators about their favorite games on YouTube Gaming for eight weeks.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/22/g...ube-gaming-stars-to-do-weekly-live-talk-show/

I hope it's good.
I don't follow a lot of those YouTube channels apart from Angry Joe.

Kyle Bossman from Easy Allies is working behind the scenes though and will be on the show too at some point so there's that at least.

I hope it's good.
I don't follow a lot of those YouTube channels apart from Angry Joe.

Kyle Bossman from Easy Allies is working behind the scenes though and will be on the show too at some point so there's that at least.
 Indeed. I wonder if AJ will bring up this up.

Is Street Fighter 5 as bad as people say it is for someone who really just wants to play offline?

Is Street Fighter 5 as bad as people say it is for someone who really just wants to play offline?

I really didn't care for it at all.. Bought it day 1 and traded it in a week later after some pretty extensive play.. I've heard it's gotten better with updates though

Back
Top Bottom