The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

nier demo is awesome ... dont have a pro yet but picked up a 4K Samsung set during a best buy flash sale last week and just ... wow

question for those w/ more recent tvs: do y'all game w/ auto motion plus/motion interpolation turned on? i find it to be distracting while watching tv/movies ("soap opera effect") but not while gaming (i also noticed a slight improvement in quality but i may have imagined that)

I turn it off.
I only use game mode for my games for the least amount of input lag and for the game to play as intended.

I used the rtings.com settings to calibrate my TV.
They post it alongside their reviews IIRC.

Yea I just calibrated my tv and monitor a few weeks ago, and it made a ton of difference. I was just curious of who's done it in here. I might get that ks8000 in the new year, and I found calibrating my tv a lot more difficult/tedious than my monitor

Yea I just calibrated my tv and monitor a few weeks ago, and it made a ton of difference. I was just curious of who's done it in here. I might get that ks8000 in the new year, and I found calibrating my tv a lot more difficult/tedious than my monitor

I just ordered this tv the other day using the epp trick. Praying it doesn't come in damaged

Last edited:
Visited my brother for Christmas.

He had overwatch, battlefield 1, cod 4 remaster, and cod infinite warfare on ps4.

COD 2k17 still feels great to play. The graphics of infinite warfare seemed a little better than BO3.

After having played the new COD, it just reaffirms my belief that COD isn't bad/not trying to innovate, but rather people are just tired of yearly COD. 

Activision should just have each studio work on a certain era. Sledge:ww2 Trey:vietnam Infin:WW1 etc etc.

There'd be no more "COD needs to go back to *insert era comments."

man my gripe with IW isn't that it's stale, it's just too easy.

like they're trying to make it as accessible as possible.

which i understand, but, it makes it pretty mind-numbing to play.

on tv calibration:

since i was a kid i would always just play with settings and calibrations to my liking

i can tell when the settings have been modified lol

i never knew they had actual tutorials and such, may have to check those out.

and on the subject of TVs

im not a fan of these super high refresh rates that add frames to images...

my dude has a dope 4k tv, and my neighbor had some giant 1080p jawn....and the refresh rates were super high

typically, it's just annoying to me, visually,

but i could definitely tell a difference playing 2k (shot meter)

i prefer a standard (low) refresh rate and i gotta be the only person on the planet who even notices it lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly just burned out. I don't even know if the game has gotten a ton worse I'm just tired of it. I think next year I might get that itch to play back

Visited my brother for Christmas.
He had overwatch, battlefield 1, cod 4 remaster, and cod infinite warfare on ps4.
COD 2k17 still feels great to play. The graphics of infinite warfare seemed a little better than BO3.
After having played the new COD, it just reaffirms my belief that COD isn't bad/not trying to innovate, but rather people are just tired of yearly COD. 
Activision should just have each studio work on a certain era. Sledge:ww2 Trey:vietnam Infin:WW1 etc etc.
There'd be no more "COD needs to go back to *insert era comments."
Nice to see you enjoyed it. Ive been enjoying it a lot myself. It's a solid game all around

Happy holidays PS bros hope y'all enjoy the day today with the fam and any new games y'all get!

Copped TF2 on sale yesterday and it's so satisfying to play. 2nd best shooter of the year behind overwatch

Merry Christmas.

CW_CiSQWEAAtwgJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom