The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Getting deep into HZD and FFXV this weekend. Gonna sprinkle some COD as well with the double XP being live.

Was watching some dudes trying to take down a thunder jaw and I got stampeded by some other beast :lol:

Last edited:
Add me: kjbaron89

Played with stay lurkin stay lurkin a little the other week. Turn your mic on! Sorry I left in the middle of our game on Siege. I was on the main tower and sniped a little bird pilot out of the cockpit, jumped off the building and stole his helicopter then did some work with it :pimp: Went to go upload the video from it to share here but I wasn't recording :x :smh:

Sorry man I was posted in the kitchen at my mom's.

She ain't having that noise at house :lol:

Last edited:
Took down my first Thunderjaw today. Damn thing scared the hell out of me while I was riding around. Thank goodness for unlimited horses that can act as bait. :lol:

Man sounds like I'm very late to the party.

View media item 2354830
Will dig deep into it tomorrow.

There's a Sleeping Dogs movie?!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/03/sleeping-dogs-movie-will-star-donnie-yen/
q:100

Donnie Yen

Say no more.

Getting deep into HZD and FFXV this weekend. Gonna sprinkle some COD as well with the double XP being live.

HZD and FFXV.

Dunno how you guys play these deep RPG's side by side :lol:
Only one at a time for me

I'm going to be so late. Gave up gaming for Lent. Can't believe I forgot Horizon was coming out around Lent. Religion sucks.

[thread="526537"] [/thread]
[thread="526537"]INVEST IN MAGIC[/thread]

Sooooo many helpful spells to use on bosses

Anything in particular you recommend? I'm going for more of a sword master x ninja type build but down for magic. I just got the fire and lightning talisman's since they were only 1 point each.

Also, can someone clarify how the magic and ninja skill trees work? I understand how you gain points and ninjutsu/magic capacity but how do I unlock skills that I have the points for but are locked particularly the third and fourth columns of skills? Do I just need to level up the attribute that corresponds with the skill to a certain point before they unlock?

With Onyo Magic there's spells that will slow down enemies which is my personal favorite for bosses.
I believe new columns unlock as you progress through missions but I could be mistaken

D Double D Double bro I'm gonna need you to start an import business and slide some of those steel books my way. We hardly get anything here in NA and if we do it's usually tied to a CE or a specific retailer preorder bonus :smh:

D Double D Double bro I'm gonna need you to start an import business and slide some of those steel books my way. We hardly get anything here in NA and if we do it's usually tied to a CE or a specific retailer preorder bonus :smh:

:lol:

Yea I didn't want the statue in the collectors edition so I'm glad we got this edition with just a small art book and the steel book.

View media item 2355007
It was a GAME exclusive though and there was also a different steelbook that was an Amazon exclusive so we have to deal with that nonsense too.

View media item 2355002
Europe does tend to get more steelbooks though. I dunno why.

What's the next game with a steelbook?
All I can think of is Persona 5 but I think the steelbook is a worldwide thing.

Yea I didn't want the statue in the collectors edition so I'm glad we got this edition with just a small art book and the steel book.

View media item 2355007
It was a GAME exclusive though and there was also a different steelbook that was an Amazon exclusive so we have to deal with that nonsense too.

View media item 2355002
Europe does tend to get more steelbooks though. I dunno why.

What's the next game with a steelbook?
All I can think of is Persona 5 but I think the steelbook is a worldwide thing.
I got the collectors edition. The Aloy statue looks nice. :pimp:

On a related note, that Thunderjaw on the cover inspired me to go get one of my own as a pet. :lol: :pimp:

View media item 2355077

laugh.gif

In all seriousness, the Xbox rental system sounds pretty cool. Better than PSNow for sure.

Just sucks for them in terms of exclusives currently. What's the next big one? Forza 7? State of Decay 2? Sea of Thieves looks uninteresting and Cuphead seems like it will never come out.

Last edited:

In all seriousness, the Xbox rental system sounds pretty cool. Better than PSNow for sure.

Just sucks for them in terms of exclusives currently. What's the next big one? Forza 7? State of Decay 2? Sea of Thieves looks uninteresting and Cuphead seems like it will never come out.
State of decay 2 is the only good thing they have so far imo idk when cuphead is dropping lol. I don't care for racing games so I will never play forza. hopefully they announce some good stuff at e3

been farming shards using this method

FARMING SHARDS:
Now that we have a better idea of what your gear is capable of, you might be wondering “How the hell am I going to afford all this”?
For early game farming, repeating the first hunter lodge trials are the way to go. Every time you start the mission an entire herd of grazers respawns. You can stealth kill them all easily, then loot their bodies, and sell everything to the merchant right next to the trial giver.
Once you hit Meridian, you can get fully decked out in purple gear in about an hour by doing the following:
Buy the Shadow Sharpshot Bow
Craft Harvester Arrows
Return to the first Hunting Ground you run into (The one with the watchers and the grazers)
Choose the "Shoot X Blaze Canisters off the grazers back" trial.
Take the rope down, then Stealth Kill the entire herd with your spear.
Once they are dead, go to each of their bodies, and shoot off all 4 Blaze Canisters with the Harvester Arrow.
Loot all the bodies and canisters off the ground.
Speak to the Trial giver, restart the Trial, and repeat the kill/harvest cycle.
Harvester arrows cause each blaze canister you remove to be worth (6) instead of (1). At 24 canisters per grazer, and about 8-10 grazers, you end up getting around 200 canisters per 5 minute run. Every 50 canisters sell for 200 shards (800 shards a run), in addition to the hearts and lenses you can sell, so in about an hour you can amass nearly 10,000 shards.
You can make this go even faster by investing in the stealth armor (so you can just walk up to the grazers and kill them as fast as possible, no whistling needed), and by putting "handling" mods on your sharpshot bow, as the wait in between harvester shots is pretty long without it, and at 4 canisters per grazer, you save a loooot of time.
From there you just buy the machine lenses/hearts you need from the merchant in Meridian, then trade those parts and the shards for whatever gear you want.

Back
Top Bottom