The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yeah definitely MajinZuub MajinZuub I heard nothing but good things about the original trilogy. I thought ME: Andromeda might've been a half decent game for dirt cheap, but nah. :smh: :smh: :smh:

It was a game with a lot of potential but Christ it was a disaster. Bland characters/story, only one new enemy added, and that debacle with the facial animations when it first came out. I still bought on RD because I love the series so much and I stopped playing the game entirely right after you get to that planet with the waterfalls.

It was a game with a lot of potential but Christ it was a disaster. Bland characters/story, only one new enemy added, and that debacle with the facial animations when it first came out. I still bought on RD because I love the series so much and I stopped playing the game entirely right after you get to that planet with the waterfalls.

Agreed 100% MajinZuub MajinZuub - the game legitimately felt like it was from 2005/2006 but with current generation graphics. I made it to the second major world, think it might've been the same waterfall planet and just deleted the game entirely.

There's a segment on the world prior, the desert one with the killer sandstorms which has you infiltrating the enemy's major stronghold. I swear I've never played such a terrible segment of gameplay in my life - literally only checkpoint for a mission that has multiple sub-objectives. So if you die you have to repeat about 15-20 minutes of gameplay (on HARD) and if you want to back out of the area, you need to fight your way out as the enemies respawn. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Talked to a buddy about the game, and it seemed that the DEVs ran into major issues moving the game from Unreal game engine (ME 1-3) to the Frostbite game engine. Hence all the bugs and poor game design issues.

Moved onto Nier Automata which was a far better experience.

Straight garbage and I loved the first ME game but didn't have time to play its sequels.

Got Andromeda for cheap so figured why not give it a go. The game is an actual regression from the very first game - not even sure how they could release crap like this in 2017.

I got the impression from reviews and opinions that it was unplayable. I find alot of the relationships and side-quests are quite well done.

That said, you and jetpacunlimited jetpacunlimited have a solid point; when comparing it to the other three games in the series, it does not stand up. I just think my opinion was so low going in, I am actually surprised it has some good things to offer. And I believe I paid $5 for it. Had I paid retail, I would probably be singing a different tune.

Agreed 100% MajinZuub MajinZuub - the game legitimately felt like it was from 2005/2006 but with current generation graphics. I made it to the second major world, think it might've been the same waterfall planet and just deleted the game entirely.

There's a segment on the world prior, the desert one with the killer sandstorms which has you infiltrating the enemy's major stronghold. I swear I've never played such a terrible segment of gameplay in my life - literally only checkpoint for a mission that has multiple sub-objectives. So if you die you have to repeat about 15-20 minutes of gameplay (on HARD) and if you want to back out of the area, you need to fight your way out as the enemies respawn. :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Talked to a buddy about the game, and it seemed that the DEVs ran into major issues moving the game from Unreal game engine (ME 1-3) to the Frostbite game engine. Hence all the bugs and poor game design issues.

Moved onto Nier Automata which was a far better experience.

Reading this, maybe I am still too early in the game then. I dont believe I have hit that planet yet.

yall can never be objective in here

Image result for cant believe gif

ME2 is the best of the series. 3 second. You should definitely check them out, 1 hasn’t aged the best. If you got an Xbox they’re all backwards compatible, not sure about PS off the top of my head.

Mmmm I disagree here. I'd say 3 is the weakest of the original trilogy. Sure, it didn't age well, but the story was the most solid. If Mass Effect didn't get a sequel, it would have been fine because the story came full circle. That being said, 1 is the best for the story, 2 is the best for gameplay and content, and 3 is the best mechanically.

I've played Mass Effect 2 through 18 times. If you stuck me in a bunker and told me I could only bring one game with me, it'd hands down be Mass Effect 2. Love all the DLC for it, too.

There are plenty of issues with Andromeda. However, it does give you a sense of exploration and discovery that the first three didn't. The fact the DLC got cancelled was a real bummer, as I felt it could have saved a good chunk of the story. Mechanically, it was buggy, and having to go back and forth to opposite sides of the damn map to do side quests got old real quick with those bad loading times.

Reading this, maybe I am still too early in the game then. I dont believe I have hit that planet yet.

I forgot about all that. Honestly though, it's worth completing just to compare to the original trilogy lol. I put 110 hours into completing just to say I did it and have a full idea of where that damn game went wrong.

Spoiler alert: It went wrong from the damn beginning.

yes
nintendo
any other questions
another thing
im not the enemy
ive had ps1, 2, 3, and 4
but im not gonna make it seem like
theyre the best
yall can never be objective in here
When you count handhelds, sure. Only Nintendo console that sold over 100M, that I am aware of, is Wii.

I’ll wait to see how Switch performs once PS5 and XSX are fully available. It’ll sell during holidays just because PS5 and XSX quantities being limited. Also waiting to see if those 3rd parties devs slow down Switch production. They’re already struggling to get PS4/X1 ports on Switch.

I don't see that ad as Sony being arrogant at all. Once the Xbonex came out, they had adverts about being the most powerful and the PS4 pro did the same the year before

The complaints I see these days is that Sony's not communicating at all :lol:

I think the days of arrogant Sony are over after the PS3.

don't see why
just had the lowest holiday for the ps4 ever
lames
2nd lowest. 3rd lowest if you count launch period as well.
It's also the end of the cycle so it's expected.

PS4 is a lock on for 120 - 130 million by the end of its life, possibly even more.

As for the Switch I think it will hit 100 million. Nintendo's evergreen titles are good this gen and their first party devs don't have to focus on 2 consoles like before.
I won't be surprised if it doesn't make it to 100million after seeing what happened to the Wii. Lack of third party titles and longer dev times is also a factor as games get bigger.
Most of their big hitters are out. Not sure what's next after Animal Crossing. Botw 2 and Metroid but i dont think they're close.

Back
Top Bottom