The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Little jealous of this...

xboxjordan.6.jpg

air_jordan_3_retro_u_release_date_price_feature.jpg
for the hypebeasts in here

I forgot about all that. Honestly though, it's worth completing just to compare to the original trilogy lol. I put 110 hours into completing just to say I did it and have a full idea of where that damn game went wrong.

Spoiler alert: It went wrong from the damn beginning.

_relinquo _relinquo thanks for the insight on ME: Andromeda and I'm gonna tip my hat off to you for putting 110 hours into the game. I do like the space exploration part of the game as I enjoyed ME: 1 but I just found myself getting frustrated and annoyed with this game. I try to de-stress with games and I like a challenge (HARD) but this was just flat out dumb and frustrating.

Dreams sitting at a 91 on Metacritic. I assume it’ll somewhere between 87-90 once all the reviews come in but I’m definitely surprised it’s that high.

1581701754394.png

1581701839657.png

1581701889147.png

1581701907584.png

Few takeaways.

I expect the PS5 to be similar power wise to the Xsex.
The cost of the device and Sony paying extra for cooling means its probably powerful and potentially quiet.

Expect to pay a premium but we're going to see a feature set and jump like never before IMO.
Even if Sony takes a loss on cost, I don't think we're seeing $399 this time round.

There will be shortages if Sony has to cannibalise features on it's own Mirrorless cameras which is a market they're really doing well in.
Canon's going to be releasing the EOSR5 in July and I'm sure Sony will want to respond with better or similar specs.

Get your pre-orders in soon as that link drops on Amazon because there will probably be shortages well into 2021.

Greedy Samsung :lol:
They get first dibs on everything and now they have 3 flagships and 2 folding phones. :smh:

Sony will delay as long as possible to announce pricing and probably specs too so we might be waiting for info for a while.

It's unreal how FFVII remake is close. I jut ignore it automatically because of media blackout and waiting for PS5 but also because im used to FF games taking long but it's almost here.

Dreams looks amazing. Unlike LBP, the stuff you can create look like they can be games in their own right. Slap on VR and a PS5 release and I'm sure it'll live a very long life.

Look at this, someone made WipeOut in Dreams.
My mind is blown every time.

i wish we knew how saves will work with the ps4 version vs the ps5 version of ffVII remake.
i don't want to buy one and the other is even better graphically plus has additional content or whatever.
also if they start out on ps4 are they just going to release more volumes as ps4 games...?
why not just put this on the ps5?
also any news on a ps5 ffVIIr release date?

I could see Sony pushing the ps5 back to spring 2021.

I think their cameras will take hit.
Sony will prioritise PS5 over the their cameras any day.

No way they'll let Microsoft have Christmas all to themselves.

i wish we knew how saves will work with the ps4 version vs the ps5 version of ffVII remake.
i don't want to buy one and the other is even better graphically plus has additional content or whatever.
also if they start out on ps4 are they just going to release more volumes as ps4 games...?
why not just put this on the ps5?
also any news on a ps5 ffVIIr release date?

I won't be worried about saves. PS5 is backwards compatible so transferring saves will be easy.
Cross-Save was available on some games for Vita and PS4

FFVII will definitely be out on the PS5 and there next volumes will be on PS5 too and there probably a definitive edition/ collection with more features.

Just have to make the decision of whether to play the games now or wait for the better version later.

The idea of there being seperate retail/digital versions for ps4/ps5 is just dumb to me in 2020

Retail should just be one box that says PlayStation that gets read properly by whatever system your loading it on

Digital should just be one page that downloads the correct version for your system

Square and Sony won't give up the chance for people to double dip
This gen already been filled with remasters.

If it was up to me FFVII part 1 will be on PS4 & PS5 and the other parts PS5 only to take advantage of the hardware.

They can then add new features to part 1 if it being a PS4 game held it back in anyway as well later on.
If they could patch FFXV and add all sorts of features and post launch DLC then they can do the same for FFVII Definitive Edition on PS5.

I'm not the biggest fan of forwards compatibility. I prefer generations and only want a year overlap with current gen and next gen.
The quicker next gen games take advantage of the newer consoles and are not held back the better.

Unless it's FIFA or Madden, those games can take their time.

D Double D Double didn't Sony let MS have Xmas to themselves with the 360?

I don't think it will be an issue. Alot of great games coming this year, too.

No way they'll let Microsoft have Christmas all to themselves.

D Double D Double You make valid points and I was a huge XBox 360 fan, however I'm on the PS4 camp presently.

I personally don't think that MS has that killer app that will make the masses (not early adopters) race out to grab the XSX on launch.

Bothy SONY and MS will make their money this Christmas on discounted current gen hardware.

Ghost of Tsushima will hopefully give us a new Tenchu game down the line.

Loved playing it on PS1.

Back
Top Bottom