The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You play on OG hardware with OG controllers - you get the experience that the game developers intended. They make HDMI switches plus there are upscalers and HDMI mods for older systems. You don't even need to keep all the systems connected. Just store the consoles away and connect them as needed. Just my $0.02.
Sounds like extra money and unnecessary work.

I like my consoles connected at all times so as the feeling hits me I can switch from any game to any system. This was back when 3 systems lasted a decade. I really dont like the idea of having 10 consoles and having to unpack/connect and pack/disconnect them every time I want to play.

OG controllers are not a problem.

I always get excited like a little kid when Sony reveals a console. I hope they at least show what it looks like, I care less about price reveal I just wanna see it *****!

Someone posted this on twitter and it looks like the event might be 2 hours tomorrow:

EaL4882WAAA-_aA

Some of you guys hoping for Horizon 2 and SpiderMan 2. I hope you're right but let's not forget how long these games take to develop.
I'm expecting more second and third party games, a remaster or two and some smaller indie titles.

Let's look at the studios who've been quiet:

Polyphony Digital - They said the models for the cars they captured were detailed and could be used next gen. They've been updating GT Sport a lot but that's a 2017 game so a GT7 trailer could be a shout

Japan Studios - Last game was Astro Bot for PSVR in 2018. That was made by a small team and the studio usually have multiple projects and collaborations. They've made Bloodborne, Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Knack 1 and 2 all this gen so I'm expecting something from them. Silent Hill??

Guerrilla is huge and they were making Horizon at the same time they were making Killzone Shadowfall so we could see a FPS and then Horizon 2 down the line.
Santa Monica is big but they usually support other teams so I won't expect anything from them.
Sucker Punch is not that big and Ghosts is coming out soon.
Naughty Dog is big but with the delays that TLOU had and with it just coming out, I can't see their next game being at the stage to show a trailer.
Bend is not that big and Days Gone came out last year.
Insomniac is a big studio and SpiderMan was 2018 so there's hope of seeing a different game.
Media Molecule is small and Dreams is all they're going to be focused on for a while.
London studios is VR only so nothing from them at this point.
San Diego - The Show
Pixelopus is tiny and Concrete genie is recent.

Hopefully we see some games which we've not heard about in ages like WILD.

What I want to see get shown

Demon Souls - Bluepoint Remaster
Silent Hill - Japan Studios/ Konami Collab
Final Fantasy XVI
Gran Turismo 7
Wild
Something from Quantic Dreams
Crash Bandicoot
The Order: 1887
Housemarque game.
Fighting game

All I need to be happy is FFXVI though. If I see that it's a wrap :lol:

People have some lofty expectations today.
Are y’all just expecting info on these titles or for them to be launch titles as well?

Sounds like extra money and unnecessary work.

I like my consoles connected at all times so as the feeling hits me I can switch from any game to any system. This was back when 3 systems lasted a decade. I really dont like the idea of having 10 consoles and having to unpack/connect and pack/disconnect them every time I want to play.

OG controllers are not a problem.
What console lasted you 10 years? Just curious.

What console lasted you 10 years? Just curious.

If you picked up a PS2 in 2000, you had a pretty good run to not have to pick up another console.

Wii still making money off of Just Dance at the retirement homes. Going strong since 2006.

I had my SNES until after the PS2 dropped in 2000. Granted I didn’t get it until 95, but you get the point.

Back
Top Bottom