The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PS3 was $600 because they wanted to treat the PS3 like a super computer which made it expensive to produce. With the PS4, they realized that it doesn't need to have the most powerful hardware for it to be successful, it just needs to be powerful enough, which is why there was such a dramatic difference in price between the two systems at launch.

At the time when the PS3 came out, the hardware was comparable to a high-end PC.
The PS4 hardware is comparable to a mid-tier PC.

Same price for both versions? Not sure if I believe that.

PS3 was $600 because they wanted to treat the PS3 like a super computer which made it expensive to produce. With the PS4, they realized that it doesn't need to have the most powerful hardware for it to be successful, it just needs to be powerful enough, which is why there was such a dramatic difference in price between the two systems at launch.

At the time when the PS3 came out, the hardware was comparable to a high-end PC.
The PS4 hardware is comparable to a mid-tier PC.

Well, that PCIe 4.0 SSD in the PS5 would be around $400 if it were available to the public right now, so...

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... that store is in the Philippines... That price is definitely questionable. I don't see storage capacity listed either.... Buyer beware.

edit: I must admit, I'm sort of willing to pay whatever for a 2TB one and done version.

Hmmm.... that store is in the Philippines... That price is definitely questionable. I don't see storage capacity listed either.... Buyer beware.

edit: I must admit, I'm sort of willing to pay whatever for a 2TB one and done version.

Pretty sure Sony announced that their SSD is 825GB.

Play Asia is legit.

I mean it’s crazy that Sony’s mid range 4K blu-ray player is $250.

$400 to $500 is still a bargain. I mean iPhones are over $1000 these days.

1592005421601.png

I'm hoping some type of system is announced to make physical games I already own into digital lol for free

that's literally the only thing holding me back from going all digital, sucks because I haven't bought a physical game in minute and honestly am committed to going all digital

gta-grand-theft-auto-trilogy-then-and-now-gta-v-for-ps3-ps4-ps5-playstation.jpg

This is funny but sad at the same time, :lol:

VC and SA were so damn good, man, wish I could go back in time.
Ya'll gotta stop buying it, especially if you're not going to play it :lol:

That said, is it going to be free if you own it on PS4 already?

Y’all sleep. There has to be a price point for the inevitable pro version

$449 for digital
$549 for disk based

Then the pro comes out a year later for $600 while the other 2 go down by $50 bucks.

And that preorder from Play Asia is looking really tempting. Preorders for this thing in a day and age where online bots run rampant can get bad and with the way thing have been this year with public gatherings having a preorder might be the only way you get a hold of one the first 1-2 weeks

Pretty sure Sony announced that their SSD is 825GB.

Everyone knows that...

My point is why didn’t play Asia list it plainly in the specs section of the preorder page? I’ve seen leaks that say we might get more than one storage option... it also doesn’t mention that the price will adjusted if it’s wrong... Nor has the pre-order been officially announced. Smells like a sneaker reseller move to me.

I spent way more than $699 on a SONY camera today. The price doesn’t bother me, I’m more concerned with the legitimacy and lack of detail offered...

Play Asia is legit.

Word... that’s cool... why are they selling standard 1TB PS4 Pro’s for $500+?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom