The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I need a miles morales spidey suit with jordans. hopefully interchangeable lol. I wanna swing through NYC in some III's and XI's.

B20B1103-A818-4ACA-9973-A165A9593802.jpeg

this gotta be an unlockable costume

I feel the same way about GTA V. Characters move like they're wearing ankle weights.
I love R* but they really gotta revamp they’re game mechanics. They’re games are fun but they feel super clunky. Give me a new GTA with the gameplay/movement of MGS5 and a cover system similar to Division 2 😙👌

30 FPS, :lol:

1440p/60 FPS > 4K/30 FPS

I'm also interested to see ray tracing on console because on PC it destroys frame rate and my PC is high end.

Sony needs to make it mandatory for game developers to have a resolution mode and a performance mode. They had it for a few games during the PS4 generation, but they really need to have it for all games now. Then everyone can be happy.
If we're going to have forced 30 FPS games again, then where exactly is the upgrade this generation? Aside from loading time? We already have 30 FPS/4K games this generation. Red Dead 2 looks phenomenal.

Sony needs to make it mandatory for game developers to have a resolution mode and a performance mode. They had it for a few games during the PS4 generation, but they really need to have it for all games now. Then everyone can be happy.
If we're going to have forced 30 FPS games again, then where exactly is the upgrade this generation? Aside from loading time? We already have 30 FPS/4K games this generation. Red Dead 2 looks phenomenal.

It's all about resources. These games are not going to look like PS4 pro games with double the frame rate.

Looking at Ratchet & Clank alone . There's ray tracing and a lot more particle effects, the GPU is doing a lot more than just pushing higher resolutions.
Spider-Man and Horizon II are also a step up too when you compare them to the previous games.

Sony can't force developers to make 2 modes either. That costs money and not every dev has the time or budget for that. You'll just push the small studios to other platforms.
All they can do is provide a powerful console where that is an option. We saw it with the PS4 Pro so it's going to be more common this gen hopefully. If DIRT 5 can have a 120fps mode on console then the future is bright.

The leap in graphics from generation to generation is getting more and more blurred. Yeah, the ray tracing is impressive, but other than that.... :ohwell:

Uh..the graphics, not talking resolution, I'm talking graphical details.

The leap in graphics from generation to generation is getting more and more blurred. Yeah, the ray tracing is impressive, but other than that....:ohwell:

its true, but that's because most of the stuff we've seen focuses on characters which already look great this gen

next gen, the environments are going to shine and i dont just mean their looks

The leap in graphics from generation to generation is getting more and more blurred. Yeah, the ray tracing is impressive, but other than that....:ohwell:
These games look ******* phenomenal, I don't know which trailers that your watching. The lighting, particle effects, and graphical details are off the wall, not to mention the environmental textures for some of these games.

Nah. Sony makes most of their money and revenue off software sales and PS+ subs is what really brings in the dough. Even when PS4 first launched they were selling it at a loss after production costs.

A 4k UHD Blu Ray drive really at this point isn't a hardware part that's going to cost them over $100 in production. Jim Ryan even said in a CNET interview that both the digital and disc models of the PS5 will have the same hardware specs.
Not talking about the guts of the console, just the drive.

A top of the line 4k UHD Blu-Ray drive is going to cost you easily $300+, again top of the line. Of course, you can get a ****** one for sub $100, but this is Sony, they're not going to put a ****** drive in the PS5. Since they will probably be the manufacturer of this drive, they can produce these at a significantly less cost for there own console but expect the digital to come at a lower MSRP then disc-based. It's just logical sense.

These games look ****ing phenomenal, I don't know which trailers that your watching. The lighting, particle effects, and graphical details are off the wall, not to mention the environmental textures for some of these games.
People said the same thing for last gen to this gen but nothing on the 360 or PS3 even comes close to the games we're seeing late in this gen

Looks like a current gen game TBH, this one didn't impress me as a next gen type of game. Haven't played Dishonored but Prey was a solid game.

At this point, I am just happy to see that Arkane style back. I agree, it doesn’t look next-gen

It's mostly the loading time.

4K does nothing for me, I'd rather have more frames, 30 FPS in 2020 is an absolute joke.

I'm only curious about the ray tracing, because right now it's nothing special on PC.

It looks nice but severely impacts performance to the point where it's not even worth having it on in most games.

I guess this RDNA 2 GPU is legit.

They did a great job remastering the look of Mafia. Game looks amazing.

Gonna hold off on copping for a while though, given the cluster**** that is the Mafia II remaster.

Not talking about the guts of the console, just the drive.

A top of the line 4k UHD Blu-Ray drive is going to cost you easily $300+, again top of the line. Of course, you can get a ****ty one for sub $100, but this is Sony, they're not going to put a ****ty drive in the PS5. Since they will probably be the manufacturer of this drive, they can produce these at a significantly less cost for there own console but expect the digital to come at a lower MSRP then disc-based. It's just logical sense.

The drive itself is pretty standard and doesn't change from your top of the line players to the entry level ones. What makes a difference in price in stand alone players is features, Dolby Vision, HDR-10+, ethernet vs. wifi, apps, etc.

These games look ****ing phenomenal, I don't know which trailers that your watching. The lighting, particle effects, and graphical details are off the wall, not to mention the environmental textures for some of these games.
That's cool and all but graphical improvements can only go so far before it reaches a limit to how much better it can go from generation to generation. Yes, I agree it's an improvement I don't think we'll be seeing the huge leap like PS1 to PS2 or PS2 to PS3 anymore.

Back
Top Bottom