The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So not all HDMI 2:1 TV's support 4K/120Hz :smh:
I also forgot about VRR too.
Guess I have some more researching to do.

Thinking about it though, only older or indie games have a chance of being 4K/120fps.
Newer games like DIRT 5 is probably 1080p at 120fps.

My current TV is a 60hz panel so I can't even play 1080p 120hz but I think I can wait to upgrade for when VRR and 120hz panels become cheaper.

Then there's also input lag to think about.

had my Sony since 08 and it's still running strong but wouldn't mind an upgrade to take advantage of the ps5... need to do my research on tv's

OLED or bust man. If you need a good metaphor as to why... OLED is next gen technology, like the PS5... and LCD is gonna be last gen like the PS4. Get whatever size C9 that fits your room, they shoukd be clearanced out since the newer model is out.

Target sale starts today, buy 2 get 1 free. Works on most games, movies, music and books. Guess I'll finally get Spider-Man and a couple UHDs

I played Apex on monitor for months. I tried switching to a TV once and said never again. It felt so slow.

All depends on the refresh rate of your display... OLEDs are pretty good for TVs, just make sure to use the game mode if your TV has it or turn off all post processing features.

LCD's have come a long way but I still prefer OLEDS.
Burn-in does scare me though and some people love high peak brightness which OLED's can't do but I'm not the type who likes watching a TV that is like looking at the sun.

For gaming, the C9 is the best. It even performs better than it's successor, the CX in some parts apparently.

For LCD's the Sony X900H that just game out looks to be the best. Need to see more reviews though but it supports 4K/120 Hz and VRR.

I think I'll wait to see if VRR is needed next gen and how many 120fps games we get but if you can snap up a LG C9 right now then I don't see how you can go wrong.

I love the design of the Sony A9G though. It just sits flush with your TV stand looking like a piece of art.

1592143306993.png

Best OLED TV for movies but not better than LG's range for gaming.

Sony need to fix up in making sure their flagships focus on gaming as well as movies.

All depends on the refresh rate of your display... OLEDs are pretty good for TVs, just make sure to use the game mode if your TV has it or turn off all post processing features.
I think the size is what they're referring to.
If you look at the E-Sports competitions for FPS's and Fighting games the monitors are small so they can quickly react to things.
Big TV's takes that fraction longer to see the overall picture which could be the difference in a competitive match.

Those monitors also have like 3ms input lag or less so they have an edge there too

High end gaming monitors should be 1ms, my last monitor was... but as for screen real estate, I don't think that is a problem if you're sitting back far enough. Anyway I am not a competitive gamer so you couldn't pay me to sit at a desk and stare at a tiny screen anymore. Much rather sit on my couch and look at a 65 inch 4k display

For those that pre-ordered/plan on pre ordering TLOU2 online, who is most trustworthy to deliver on RD? Thanks.

PO

I've had my 55' 4k HDR+ Samsung for almost 2 years and looking to upgrade. Not sure if I should though upgrade the size or just more robust specs.

which one?

will look into this, was thinking sony because of the ps5 and having everything under 1 umbrella but it doesnt really matter right

what makes u say that

Or I can wait until Black Friday, best buy every year has a cheap *** 4k for sale
Based off youtube videos. Been having samsung throughout the house also.

C1634C57-CF34-4A86-A262-F1847596D6E6.png

based off the youtube posted not too long ago in here. If anyone looking for a 2020 set. Tcl hasn’t drop their lineup yet but they may have a set up to par for next gen consoles.

I have a LG B8 and wanted to upgrade to a C9 but then I realized I rarely use the TV unless I’m watching sports or a movie with the fam. I’ll probably play TLOU 2 on it but other than that, I’m sticking with my monitors.

Back
Top Bottom