The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

While we are talking about video games. So yesterday before I started playing Spiderman I was on my XB1X because I wanted to hop on and watch Showtime and a documentary about the boxer Sony Liston. PS4 sadly there isn't a Showtime app to download for it because of PS Vue which is going away pretty soon. So anyways afterward I finish the documentary movie I decided and what the hell let me fire up and try Forza Horizon 4. Keep in mind I hadn't turned on my XB1X in months up until now. First message I get is the game needs a 1.8GB update downloaded. Then I get another notification how my Gamepass sub is going to expire in a few days. I finally get the game up and going and after I get all of the in game seasonal updates I get another in game promo asking if I wanted to purchase the ultimate season pass which was on sale for $24.95. So I get 1 story mode race in and I'm like yeah I'm done with this. Turned on the PS4 Pro watched some Fresh Prince episodes on HBO Max and then played Spiderman.

Last edited:
Never played it so I never had any feelings either way and I usually enjoy when y'all discuss it but let me find out TLOU is comparable on a quality level to that TWD trash :lol: :sick:
TWD show went downhill after the fifth season but TLOU is VERY similar to it. You could drag and drop certain characters from the show into TLOU and it aligns near identical.

TWD show went downhill after the fifth season but TLOU is VERY similar to it. You could drag and drop certain characters from the show into TLOU and it aligns near identical.
:lol: Definitely never gonna pay to play that then.

I'm of the opinion that TWD has been trash since s2.

It's better than TWD.

Take advantage of the Target sale if you want Spider-Man, I just picked up my GOTY copy. It looks damn good.

spiderman was going to be a day 1 purchase for me back when I saw the trailer but I completely forgot about it :lol: finally picked it up in that target sale

:lol: Definitely never gonna pay to play that then.

I'm of the opinion that TWD has been trash since s2.
Like the other guy said it IS better than the show. They remove all the soap opera filler crap and ramp up on the action so there’s never really a dull moment in the game. Having similarities to the show doesn’t take away from the game, it’s intense from start to finish.

Like the other guy said it IS better than the show. They remove all the soap opera filler crap and ramp up on the action so there’s never really a dull moment in the game. Having similarities to the show doesn’t take away from the game, it’s intense from start to finish.
Well the remastered version is only $10. We shall see.

So people just never get it and will never change no matter what. A Australian retailer put this out on their store display:

63567EA0-8669-4383-B035-4266DDAD06B9.jpeg

So people just never get it and will never change no matter what. A Australian retailer put this out on their store display:

63567EA0-8669-4383-B035-4266DDAD06B9.jpeg
I love playing videogames but I hate videogame culture. It's insular, childish and has way too much gate-keeping involved. Not to mention alot of hardcore gamers are right-wing, trump supporters who oppose any diversity (racial, gender, LGBT, etc.)

Over the years I've noticed That there's an interesting cultural division between the people who make video games and the people who play video games (working very least the very vocal gamers on the internet). The people who make video games tend to be progressive-minded while the people who play video games are sexist, misogynistic, man-boys who complain about video games changing and are quick to call people who oppose them SJWs.

Remember the outcry when they made Lara Croft's boobs smaller? You see these cats complaining that Ellie is a lesbian? The list goes on.

Last edited:
Which games should I not bother getting

God of War
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4
Homefront: The Revolution
Fallout 4
Call of Duty WWII
Batman: Arkham Knight
Days Gone
Doom
Titan: Definitive Edition
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Assassin's Creed: Origins

:nerd:

Any suggestions of games to get?

Batman game no good? One of the series I've seen ppl rave about. Maybe I listed another title.

Also getting these without a doubt

Spider-Man
Nioh 2
Bloodborne
TLOU
Maybe Sekiro

Hitman 2, Ace Combat 7, Ratchet & Clank PS4, Devil May Cry 5. All can be found for $10 to $19 new.

Also what the heck is TWD comparing it to TLOU talk a few posts back?

And this is $14.99:

6319621_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

@ Best Buy. Amazon same price but says not in stock until the 19th.

Which games should I not bother getting

God of War
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4
Homefront: The Revolution
Fallout 4
Call of Duty WWII
Batman: Arkham Knight
Days Gone
Doom
Titan: Definitive Edition