The Psychology Of A Black Man.

"Them" acknowledging June 19th and doing so much for it feels AWKWARD for me.

I get people didn't know so they have to educate but it feels forced. (Not saying it shouldn't be done because it should).

Am I trippin?

i can feel you on this. i don't think it hurts. but i think all this support feels...sort of in vogue. like why did it take this many killings for this level of energy?

like for me, im not sure i want a black history month. because black history is American history. i don't want to celebrate June 19 as much as I want equal opportunity for education, healthcare and in the workplace.

and that to me is more important. much of the racism i've experienced was really in the workplace and that kind of racism can cut, but it's not obvious. maybe i gotta be better at realizing **** earlier. and fighting back. but June 19 being a holiday isn't gonna fix those real and painful problems a lot of us have to deal with.

i don't want a holiday as much as I want a fair shake, in all aspect of life. period. having more diversity in the workforce, esp in corporate leadership i think would be more impactful than making June 19 a holiday. if companies want to make that positive step, don't just change your logo in Linkedin, or make public statements in show of support. don't hire black/brown people in positions of...office of diversity or inclusion or w.e. hire them in managerial roles or team lead roles.

like George Floyd was really the straw that broke the camel's back? nah. June 19 is cool, but breonna Taylor murderers are still walking.

also where is that same energy for election day? yall want people to vote but show up to work at the same time? foh.

again. I'm not against the holiday. i just don't want it to stop there.

Last edited:
my hope is that all of this exposure and forcing the issue can bring change to the minds of more of white America. hopefully enough to affect at least voting patterns and personal biases. George and Breonna’s and each other recent death and the resulting protests have exposed more people to the brutality we all know police participate in every day.

destroying white supremacy is a ground up fight to me. I hate watching the commercialization and exploitation of our issues but in this country, that sadly may be what’s necessary in the now to reach some people.

I think in a way it’s similar to companies pandering to the homosexual community and I think that pandering inadvertently facilitated change in how that community was perceived if you get what I mean.

I say all of that to say I still don’t trust it. But I’m hoping good things come of it.

Outside of my daily prayer and meditation, the things that keeps me right mentally are my workouts, and reading lists. My daughters and wife constantly check in, asking me if I am okay, but what really helps is that I have someone to bounce thoughts off of. Holding those thoughts in, isn't good.

I hope that all here have someone to share thoughts with in person, someone where your being vulnerable, does not make you feel as if you are committing a crime.
103833443_10220734948622242_2158378660301064565_o.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of reparations, how about giving black Americans a bigger voice in the voting booth by agreed upon white American voter suppresion for a fixed amount of time? To what degree of suppression, I’ll let the experts decide, but that leg up white America has has since day 1 isn’t insurmountable. The only problem is that for this to work, we’d need a couple generations imo, at least.
This reads as too radical if I’m being honest, but how else do we get real legislation and policies to further our interests? It all boils down to numbers/presence.

Outside of my daily prayer and meditation, the things that keeps me right mentally are my workouts, and reading lists. My daughters and wife constantly check in, asking me if I am okay, but what really helps is that I have someone to bounce thoughts off of. Holding those thoughts in, isn't good.

I hope that all here have someone to share thoughts with in person, someone where your being vulnerable, does not make you feel as if you are committing a crime.
103833443_10220734948622242_2158378660301064565_o.jpg

Looking for some new good reads. Any suggestions?

There'll never be enough to cover 400 years, but they must pay something to the descendants of black American slaves. That doesn't end it, just a part of it.

ya word idk that you can put a number to the repayment for the transatlantic slave trade. the damage and trauma too great.

frankly i don't want waste time asking for the govt to cut black/brown folks checks for that anyways. it is a mf PROCESS for congress to hand out 1200 cash and that wasn't even enough. they can't even prevent unemployment from soaring and people LOSING access to healthcare like other countries did...all because of a damn virus. all because of capitalism.

how i can ask or expect this same inept gov't to hand us checks? that is a pipe dream. we still fighting for equal rights. our gov't is so trash its ridiculous. (and if the feds watching, yea i said it. ya boss trash too).

besides cutting checks ain't gonna solve the racism that is alive and well. sometimes racism cuts in ways, that money can't heal. I'm going through something right now and despite being fine financially, i still am considering a therapist.

i think we need to radically change how our govt works for us, how our tax dollars work for us. i think through that avenue, we can see much more benefit for minorities.

just need these old white folks in power to u know...die off. too many Mitch McConnells in DC man for real.

I like this thread.

....also if i were to get slave $$ it'd have to come from France. and lord knows they ain't doing that ****.

Going to post this here too. Am I the only one who gets randomly triggered and nervous? Example; I can be chilling on my couch watching a movie with wifey and I'll get this feeling of "What if them boys just randomly bust in here and lay me down where I sit?" Then I'll just turn off the TV and head to another room. Shouldn't be have to live like this :smh:

Back
Top Bottom