The Ravens did Terrell Suggs dirty.

He has the franchise tag for this season, and I heard he busted his shoulder pretty bad. Now they finna either let him leave, or sign him at below marketvalue.

Suggs.
pimp.gif

are they going to put the franchise tag on him again? i hope he doesn't leave..that would be a big loss.

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

u can't franchise a player 2 years in a row...

correct me if I'm wrong?
you can franchise a player as many years in a row as you want. a lot of teams dont do it because it usually ends up in a holdout, but it'sperfectly legal to do it as much as you want.

if i'm not mistaken the pats tried to do that to asante samuel.

thats why you have the franchise tag ... this looks genius on the part of the ravens ... its a business

This is why I NEVER get mad at dudes who hold out.

Ain't no guaranteed contracts in the NFL you gotta get it when you can.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

This is why I NEVER get mad at dudes who hold out.

Ain't no guaranteed contracts in the NFL you gotta get it when you can.

yeah you get yours when and how you can.

Originally Posted by asu334

Can someone explain to me what franchising a player entails?

i'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't get what a FT is.

basically it means you sign a player to a one year contrac5t at an average of the 5 highest paid players at his position. The player has no choice but totakeit. A team can only use it oncce a season though.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by Tha Murdera 2001

u can't franchise a player 2 years in a row...

correct me if I'm wrong?
you can franchise a player as many years in a row as you want. a lot of teams dont do it because it usually ends up in a holdout, but it's perfectly legal to do it as much as you want.

if i'm not mistaken the pats tried to do that to asante samuel.

I thought you could do it 2 years in a row and then that's it? I maybe wrong though...

As for feeling bad for him, I dunno, dudes racking in millions right now to play football and will pull in millions with his next contract as well.

Originally Posted by asu334

Can someone explain to me what franchising a player entails?

When a team designates a player with the franchise tag, it means that their salary for that season will be the average of the 5highest paid players at that particular position i.e. QB, HB, WR, etc.

unfortunate but i still think Suggs is gonna get his money regardless, his production speaks for itself.

Back
Top Bottom