The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread

Feel bad for Under Armor for the negative press. Feels like such a cheap copout to blame the suits for their bum performances.

How many pages did the summer olympics thread have? Big difference in popularity here compared to the winter. Only 4 pages so far.

That relay race yesterday was pretty exciting. I always like the snowboarding events. I never watched the skiing stuff until now and those are fun to watch.

Man I gotta say, I'm having a ball watching this. I wonder how many hours of video its going to add up to; I'll be sad to see it end.

1797453_10152232663244349_529079287_n.jpg

I still don't know how to watch this live, but would like to watch the skating. Gracie Gold baby.

How many pages did the summer olympics thread have? Big difference in popularity here compared to the winter. Only 4 pages so far.
It's really not that difficult of a concept: everyone has a connection to the summer games.

Track is running. Everybody races against friends as kids.

Tons of people play basketball.

Got sisters in gymnastics, grab a paddle and play ping pong/table tennis; the summer games are more relatable to the MAJORITY.

Ain't nobody in Texas and New Mexico and Egypt growing up downhill skiing.

And it's not anything that can be fixed; it is what it is.

What really sucks to me about this olympics is how slow the snow/ice is in Sochi... I haven't heard a single world record be broken in an event. Usually you can count on a Speed Skating time WR time being beat at least but its so damn warm that none of the surfaces are giving up good times.

What really sucks to me about this olympics is how slow the snow/ice is in Sochi... I haven't heard a single world record be broken in an event. Usually you can count on a Speed Skating time WR time being beat at least but its so damn warm that none of the surfaces are giving up good times.
man.. i was watching the women's slopestyle skiing final (where the chick fell in the gif posted above).. and it was just horrible.. couple of the girls got wise and went of the smaller ramp because at least they would land in some clean snow..

but if the girls went off of the bigger ramp (and thus went for the higher score), they all ended up landing in the same spots and basically coming to a dead stop

just wondering, once the athlete's event is done, they can bounce? i thought there was a closing ceremony, unless that's only for summer olympics?

just wondering, once the athlete's event is done, they can bounce? i thought there was a closing ceremony, unless that's only for summer olympics?

Some go back home and some stay to watch other events. People putting in work with that tinder app in the olympic village.

Yeah but why would you. They give you free meals, free tickets, parties, girls that are dtf.

This Canada v Latvia game is great

@jjs136
 @sea manup

2-1
eek.gif

i thought we were goona woop their ***.

they got me scared.
I switched from the USA game after the first period.

Latvia played a pretty damn good game. But Canada pulled it out, that game winning PP goal was 
sick.gif

I hate that I am rooting for Canada (especially with the sig that I have)
laugh.gif

tired.gif
 but I gotta rep the London boys Doughty and Carter 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom