THE TERRORIST HIJABI EXPERIMENT! VOL: iLLest

I understood the video, but then again the targeted audience within the video was college kids it seems. Should have done it a more diverse environment in terms of age, gender, ethnic background....like a mall. Would love to see the reactions there.

I'm muslim and this video is pointless. I mean what do you expect people to do? Sure some might stand up and others might stay quite. Not trying to hate but this fousey dude needs to go back into depression and stop making videos. One day he making a video about pick up lines and next day he's making a video that he hopes will end ignorance. Keep making that money but stop acting like you care about Islam.

Last edited:
I'm muslim and this video is pointless. I mean what do you expect people to do? Sure some might stand up and others might stay quite. Not trying to hate but this fousey dude needs to go back into depression and stop making videos. One day he making a video about pick up lines and next day he's making a video that he hopes will end ignorance. Keep making that money but stop acting like you care about Islam.

No reason for that, you didn't like the video that's cool but telling people to stay depressed?

Just leave.

seems like he was inspired by the What Would You Do show. lol

lol he used this site to get his lil views and money, then complained about his life being so difficult living out in LA and getting a stupid tattoo.

im sorry but this dude doesn't deserve the sympathy and views, especially when his videos are blatant ripoffs of other dudes who are actually entertaining.

he left the site, now stop posting these corny videos.

Maybe they're taking the Remember the Titans approach.
ohwell.gif

"You ain't doin' these kids a favor by patronizing them. You crippling them; You crippling them for life. " ~Coach Boone

I won't argue that one of Fousey's primary motives and creativity/thought for videos stems from the financial reward and profit.

However, I enjoyed this video. My perspective, a positive one, is that it's a social experiment testing the general public. How people react and respond to certain elements or situations.

Why can't he delve in humor but also more serious genres and topics? Diversity is key to success for any entertainer, IMO.

The "What Would You Do" segments are gold. Says a lot about the American public.

It comes across as him acting. The reason people are ignoring him are because he's not convincing at all. It looks like a couple kids practicing for an acting class. If I walked by, I wouldn't intervene as it didn't seem like he was seriously threatening her. That said, a couple people did intervene. I don't get how this video is indicative of some great societal problem. If anything, him berating her like that is hurting his case. I'm willing to bet that a couple of the random easily-influenced freshman who walked by probably got some new ideas of racist remarks they could drop next time they're trying to get a few laughs from their buddies. If Illest actually wants to enact social change, these poor rip-offs of the What Would You do series aren't the way to do it.

Also, why did Illest delete his account and all his girl problem posts? I thought he said it was to maintain a family-friendly image or something along those lines, but he makes pick-up line videos? That doesn't seem family-friendly for me.

I don't think one can make a career doing Youtube videos. No matter what, your shtick is going to get stale. Even guys like the Whatever guy and Andrew Hales are starting to put out pretty lackluster content. It's a decent hobby, but it doesn't seem like there's any sustainability in it.

Last edited:
guess i'll be the first to say that it's less credible because of his ethnicity. might have been different if it were a white guy berating a muslim girl.

I see the point he's trying to make.

It doesn't necessarily resonate with me, but to any Muslim I'm sure this is a pretty big deal.

Although I'm not religious per say, it's important to respect others beliefs and not be ignorant to their plight.

But ..... No matter the situation

Majority of the time, people just mind their own business

Jeez, hes really riding on that "guilt tripping" experiments.

Get some new ideas yousef :smh:

guess i'll be the first to say that it's less credible because of his ethnicity. might have been different if it were a white guy berating a muslim girl.

This. It contributed to the appearance that it was some sort of gag rather than genuine.

Exactly what came to mind. He seems like a cool dude but as a Muslim/Arab I cant cosign his videos

right...

man if he wants to extinguish any stigmas or raise awareness or be a boon for the Islamic community why not become an investigative reporter?

You want to be in front of the camera and act like you give a damn, book a ticket, fly to Palestine, Yemen, Afghanistan or Iraq and go show others how people really livin'. Talk about the drone strikes targeting innocent civilians, talk about the the raids targeting innocent civilians by the JSOC, talk about how our youth is dying. How our leadership is failing us. How the US government killed a US citizen Anwar Al-Awlawki and murdered his teenage son without due process.

etc...

But fam get your money, but don't act like you really give a **** about what's going on with our peoples.

'Cuz honestly? Most American born muslims? We've done well to assimilate into society on a social level. But at the end of the day our problems are FAR bigger than domestic ones. Do we face discrimination/racism out here in the states? No doubt, every damn day. 'Specially living in the south....

But this is some superficial **** that really doesn't begin to scratch the surface of our struggles. The inner conflict we feel when you're American born and muslim raised. I feel like I'm watching some sort of damn minstrel show sometimes when I watch some of his material, without the blackface of course.

and I ain't gon front like I'm any better, I ain't ****. But I am not gonna exploit our struggles while pretending like I'm somehow making a difference.

sorry, I'm feelin' some sort of way today and I ain't gon' sugar coat ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom