The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

that timex looks cool, isit uncommon to see that type of bezel on the angular tonneau (I think that's what it's called) shaped case like that? I think I have only scene that on an old Bulova but IDK if window shopping online counts. the bracelet is cool too, I'm prolly used to seeing that type of case with a link bracelet. between those two changes of pace from what I'm used to & the mirror finish on the side(s) that watch has a lot going on visually but in a really good way.

The Deepsea does nothing for me, but the SD43 is a very handsome timepiece. I actually bought this one for a friend/business partner a few weeks ago (MSRP):

67405596_10101021926463454_2720793199978217472_o.jpg

Watched a new episode of that netflix series "Abstract: the art of design" on typeface, and the guy it was about talks a lot about type face on vintage watches. Worth checking out, imo.

Do
I have a rolex submariner ref 16610. Is it worth it to upgrade to the newer sub 116610LN?
Do you have the disposable income? The positives and negatives have been discussed at length some finding the older model more comfortable in regards to the case shape and weight. I personally prefer the feel of the modern sub the chromalight lume, bracelet, ceramic bezel and is extremely well engineered so much so it will outlast me. I personally wear mine everyday. I also prefer the shape of the new sub which is more "cushion case" like and wears bigger but still maintains the 40mm diameter.

I would imagine your current watch is only going to increase in value so I guess if you can afford both that would be the way to go. But I personally would only have one or the other because there is some obvious overlap.

Was invited to a childrens party i knew it would be filled with rich people but it was crazy. If you had a rolex on you would be considered poor.

Saw at least 3 Richard Mille’s and pateks were the most common watch

is it a stretch to speculate that the Chopard is another GG inspired piece?

that is definitely the appeal but it is also more hublot-ish

its really just watchmakers providing alternatives to the current steel sports watch shortage from the other sought after brands so were just going to keep seeing this trend

that is definitely the appeal but it is also more hublot-ish

its really just watchmakers providing alternatives to the current steel sports watch shortage from the other sought after brands so were just going to keep seeing this trend
yeah I'm not eem mad considering I bought a couple of old Bulovas that mimic a Royal Oak 100% as well as the Seiko SNKK47 which possibly mimics a Nautilus to sum degree but costs as much as a Seiko. I would, however, prefer it have a quartz movement since that is where Seiko's prestige lies. I'm actually consdiring this Maurice Lacroix which probably follows the GG shaped trend (picture is from ablogtowatch.com):
Maurice-LaCroix-Aikon-Bronze-aBlogtoWatch-13.jpg

any1 have any thoughts/experiences with bronze as a case material?

Last edited:
I don't care if you're a billionaire, nothing says "I have terrible taste" like a Richard Mille.

I don't know... Tried on the RM67-02 over the weekend. Definitely feeling the piece. Just don't know how to justify their asking price for it. :lol:

Has anyone ever owned a Girard Perregaux Seahawk II? Was wondering was it any good and how was the quilty torn between the sea Hawk ii and the Breitling superocean

If you're into the steel sport x blue dial thing... pretty good time to be alive
72079561_488149225072880_3458363686482941635_n.jpg
The IWC Ingenieur is slept on IMO, there are quite a few iterations of it & perhaps best of all it's relatively inexpensive (for now). Bulgari watches may be straight up beautiful as they should be since they're also a jewelry company but I think they may look good enough to command the high price.

Back
Top Bottom