The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

A145F2A8-1C61-4738-BFEE-DE939B31A165.jpeg

sh*t

i miss the days when i can at least put my name on a list, these days i just get a headshake and that when i ask to be put on one

and i dont even see it correcting itself

with that said, i dont know how legit it is but rolex is supposedly putting up a new rule where a person could only buy 3 rolex annually and i am not sure if that is per AD or what but if true i hope it goes into effect asap
I don’t buy that for a second

you know people will get around that easily

I don’t buy that for a second

you know people will get around that easily

oh yeah, most likely just have the "spouse" or a "friend" buy it but there will be some ADs who will adhere to it and some customers who will follow the rule and not push to get more than 3 and even if that opens up a handful of watches for others then im all for it

Yeah I dont see Rolex fixing the process anymore either
Cant buy **** at all .... It sucks for me because I would acquire my pieces while traveling so I really dont have any relationship with ADs

and unfortunately its not isolated to rolex’

one of my biggest pet peeve is looking at the sale section at trf for exmaple and then see a 15450 listed and stating it was purchase august 2021 and it just annoys me to no end because ive been waiting for maybe a good 5 years now? and these dudes just buy them up and goes straight to the sales section for profit

sadly there really is no way to ban resellers or even really find out who would keep them or sell them

He's not wrong imo, unless your getting one for free , no way its worth the ticket.

For the same price of one you can basically fill a watch box with heavy hitters and classics :lol:

Last edited:
i smacked my sub on a cabinet or something and the pearl fell off. i didnt even notice it until a day later :ohwell:

ultimately i dont think Rolex cares all that much about the current market situation. i dont think they're that tuned in to the AD's to see if they're actually abiding by the "rules". i'm sure there is some measure of checking in the AD's but i dont think us average people will be able to walk in and buy new on the spot ever again. one AD told me straight up that i'd have to buy a couple "throw in" watches like a panerai and tag in order to be put on the list for a batman. foh.

Is it really that bad? I frequent r/Rolex and it seems like regular folks are consistently getting lucky with AD’s.

Is it really that bad? I frequent r/Rolex and it seems like regular folks are consistently getting lucky with AD’s.

if you can get one at retail I’ll take the opp

I’ll take it and put it on in front of you and do some jumping jacks and run a quarter mile in them.

there’s always stories of “i got my batman after 2 months” or ”i left my name for a sub and got a call in 4 weeks” but every single one of those stories, there are hundreds others who has been for longer than a year and still no rolex in sight

you really just have to go to an AD and see that rolex has their own section (because they require it) but the cases are empty

now dont be fooled, its been so bad that they started sending dummy pieces to ADs so the customers has at least something to try on but its pretty much impossible to walk into an AD and buy many of the popular models right on the spot

Geneva Watch Days
8/30 - 9/3

really want this watch but that price… yeesh

The Gérald Genta Arena Retro Mickey Mouse Disney
Only 150 examples of the Gerald Genta Arena Retro Mickey Mouse Disney will be made, and will be available through authorized dealers in January 2022 at an MSRP of €16,500.

1630346977852.jpeg

Bulgari Octo Roma WorldTimer
Diameter: 41mm
Thickness: 11.35mm
Prices: Steel: $8,350; DLC: $8,350
Availability: October 2021

1630375935843.png

The new Breitling Top Time Classic Cars Capsule Collection, including the Breitling Top Time Chevrolet Corvette, the Breitling Top Time Ford Mustang, and the Breitling Top Time Shelby Cobra

Brand: Breitling
Model: Top Time (Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang, and Shelby Cobra)
Reference Number: A25310241K1X1, A253101A1L1X1, A41315A71C1X2

Diameter: 42mm (Corvette and Mustang), 40mm (Shelby Cobra)
Thickness: 13.65 (Corvette and Mustang), 13.30 (Shelby Cobra)
Price: $5,500
Availability: Immediately
Limited Edition: No

1630420080437.jpeg

1630420105700.jpeg

1630420127579.jpeg

1630420139366.jpeg

1630420153165.jpeg

Finally was able to put an order with an AD
Wife purchased a DJ36 fluted jubilee blue dial
Now gotta wait 5-7 months

ugh, AP had another price bump, the 77350 and 15450 went up by $1k

it might $30k by the time i can get one by the rate APs increasing their damn prices

Yahoo Finance contacted Rolex for official comment on this story. We received the company's response shortly after publication:

"The scarcity of our products is not a strategy on our part. Our current production cannot meet the existing demand in an exhaustive way, at least not without reducing the quality of our watches – something we refuse to do as the quality of our products must never be compromised. This level of excellence requires time, and as we have always done, we will continue to take the necessary time to ensure that all our watches not only comply with our standards of excellence, but also meet the expectations of our customers in terms of quality, reliability and robustness. Rolex does not compromise on what it takes to produce exceptional watches.

All Rolex watches are developed and produced in-house at our four sites in Switzerland. They are assembled by hand, with extreme care, to meet the brand's unique and high-quality standards of quality, performance and aesthetics. Understandably, this naturally restricts our production capacities – which we continue to increase as much as possible and always according to our quality criteria.

Finally, it should be noted that Rolex watches are available exclusively from official retailers, who independently manage the allocation of watches to customers."

Back
Top Bottom