The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

After I buy a ****ing new house, I think up next is a Wimbledon dj fluted/jubilee or a santos.

C50D99BE-5289-470B-8712-F43C0BBA5980.jpeg
C50D99BE-5289-470B-8712-F43C0BBA5980.jpeg

Same guy leaked the last Basel release of the 42mm YM white gold.

Looks to be as legit as it comes.

I wish I would’ve been surprised and watched the official rolex release instead of this photo of a screenshot of a screenshot.

Although I see the clear evidence I still can't accept that they've upped the size. But I think it does make sense in the grand scheme of things. If this is the case they have a variety of sports watches with a similar look that come in a variety of sizes. GMT -40mm, Sub-41mm, Yachtmaster-42, Seadweller-43mm and Deep-sea-44mm.

And I do believe that like Nike with the AM1 (fixing the shape, then seemingly intentionally messing up the toebox later on) that by banking on demand for the item because if it's classic status and reverting back to a more classic shape if the product fails. They have done this previously with the DJ2 and a number if different models which have had a refresh.

not sure how I feel about making it bigger

interested to see what happened tomorrow/tuesday

not like even if I was in the market that I could get any

the mostly likely chance are they slightly increased the size but just like they call the daytona 40mm despite it being more like 38.5mm, they'll do the same with the new sub

i hate the case size "increase" but if they make a no date in blue or white (my dream) and they might have my money if i live long enough to be called up for my turn on the list

but at this point i am more curious on the new offering outside of the subs

So speculation is the blue dial is PM, and the rest are SS? I am figuring with the "41mm" update they will stretch the endlinks out by 1mm and then shave 0.5mm off the inside of each lug, i wouldnt be surprised if the case is still the same size.

I agree though, i think im more interested to see waht they do outside of sub.

I'm just even more happy to have my Sub now and the bump in value which is uncharacteristic on the cusp of a new release doesn't hurt. The increase in size does nothing for me, and as far as i can see there isn't much in terms of change in the shape of the lugs but we'll find out in an hour or two officially.

ugh, i hope the op 39mm isnt discontinued, that was just about as perfect as it could get, still in search of a white dial

dont like the double batons, just makes the dial look more crowded

blue bezel sub with black dial is supposedly white gold...?

Back
Top Bottom