The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I go all Uncle Sam because I live here :\

And cuz your parents team probably is not as good. If your parents were Brazilian I doubt you would just be USA. Just like the philipino americans who root for Manny Pacquiao over the American Money May

Wait given what you said shouldn't the Philipino Americans be rooting for the better boxer? So why are they rooting for Pac in this analogy? :tongue:

Last edited:
My Chelsea boys looked good tonight.. Im too excited for Hazard, Mata, Oscar.. and now Victor Moses looks better already than he did all last year.. Can't wait for the season to start..

And forgot to rep my National team on the first page... El Tri all day everyday..

View media item 522003

and i'm also a Chivas and Real Madrid fan.. but Chelsea and El Tri above all.. waaay above all..

My Chelsea boys looked good tonight.. Im too excited for Hazard, Mata, Oscar.. and now Victor Moses looks better already than he did all last year.. Can't wait for the season to start..

And forgot to rep my National team on the first page... El Tri all day everyday..

View media item 522003

and i'm also a Chivas and Real Madrid fan.. but Chelsea and El Tri above all.. waaay above all..

Chelsea and El Tri are my 2 squads too! Just now getting over Mexico's piss poor performance in the Gold Cup

My primary national team 
laugh.gif
. Never qualified for a world cup and haven't won an African Cup of Nations since 1970. Gotta support though

I also root for the US. 

and other then Chelsea, who looked good today (Oscar 
glasses.gif
), I root for the best team in Africa 
grin.gif

Joshua Pynadath, an under-11 player from De Anza Force SC in California’s Bay Area, signed on with Real Madrid’s Alevín A team for the 2013-14 season. He trained with Madrid’s U11s twice and FC Barcelona before being selected by the former.

“They told me that I was the first American that they have ever accepted into their academy,” Pynadath told the Los Altos Town Crier in his hometown. “I told them that I would set a good example.”

Last edited:

Joshua Pynadath, an under-11 player from De Anza Force SC in California’s Bay Area, signed on with Real Madrid’s Alevín A team for the 2013-14 season. He trained with Madrid’s U11s twice and FC Barcelona before being selected by the former.

“They told me that I was the first American that they have ever accepted into their academy,” Pynadath told the Los Altos Town Crier in his hometown. “I told them that I would set a good example.”

That kid Josh looks like he will be something special. The way he changes direction on his peers is very slick. Great control as well. And I can see he's figured out his favorite trick and turn combo....

I hope Lukaku really gets to show out this year...no more watching Fernando struggle up front.

Chelsea is my squad if you haven't guessed by now. NT would be the USNT, my parents homeland national team is so bad most of ya'll probably never heard of them (St. Kitts and Nevis) :lol:

Pops did manage to play for their national youth team though :pimp:

Saw that on BigSoccer...he definitely looks good for an 11 yr old between him at Madrid and Lederman at Barcelona and doing well by 2020 we'll have two studs in Spain's top 2 teams :lol: that WC championship soon to come :smokin :lol: I know it's a ridiculous pipe dream but if they each go through imagine that marketing potential for Madid and Barca over here in the states :wow:

That kid Josh looks like he will be something special. The way he changes direction on his peers is very slick. Great control as well. And I can see he's figured out his favorite trick and turn combo....
I love seeing Americans abroad in youth academy's. I hope everything pans out for him and Lederman. 

He contributes very little to Spurs offense and with soldado, and the other MF additions, he's probably gonna get very little burn...

Why not wish him the best at an opportunity where he'll shine?

He contributes very little to Spurs offense and with soldado, and the other MF additions, he's probably gonna get very little burn...

Of course he'd shine in the MLS.

But its not his time yet.

To this day I still believe that if this team would've won that close game against Germany in the quarter-finals they would've gone on to take the 2006 World Cup. Pekerman threw that game away when he subbed Cruz for Riquelme and left Messi rotting away on the bench :smh:
View media item 521614

But hey, every World Cup is the same old story with Argentina right? In 1990 the ref screwed us with that penalty in the final against Germany. In 1994 FIFA screwed us with Maradona's "random" doping test. In 1998 we could've gotten past Holland if not for a gross mistake by Ortega. The 2002 team was arguably the most talented team Argentina ever put together, we just didn't get the luck of the draw. I can't speak for this last World Cup though, the AFA threw away any chances of winning in South Africa when they appointed Maradona as coach.

I agree with most of your points. The 2002 was talented but they were in tansition. There was no real number 10. Ortega was old and El Payasito Aimar could not fill those shoes. They needed Riquelme but in my opinion he was no Ortega. I think the 2002 team had the stars but the 98 and 2006 had the complete team.
I disagree with you about Maradona mainly because how great would it had been for Maradona and Messi to lift the cup. Maradona was not a tactical genius but he also didnt have the defense in 2010 (kinda like Barca this year). With a better Defense or a good asst defensive coach they coulda pulled it off. We had the firepower in 2010. Three forwards: Tevez, messi and Higuain with aguero and milito coming off the bench...wow.

Going back to the 98 team...we forgot how good the 1998 Argentina team was. They beat probably the greatest team England has had since 1966.
Shearer, Lesaux, Sholes, young Beckham, McManaman, Neville, Teddy Sheringham, Michael Owen, Sole Campbell, and Paul Ince.
View media item 522459View media item 522465

Also we lost with 10 men to IMO the best Dutch team in 20 years.
They had Kluivert, Seedorf, Overmars, Cocu, Bergkamp, Van De Dar, and the great Edgar Davids
View media item 522455
View media item 522462
What a clown van de sar was
View media item 522512
The Dutch were unlucky Ronaldo didn't get sick in the Semis. The game and penalties to decide it were awesome. I think the Dutch could have beaten France in 98.
View media item 522517

Last edited:

Of course he'd shine in the MLS.

But its not his time yet.

this

Id like Duece to stay in the EPL for another year or two. I like having an american player in the EPL and if not Clint who do we have? Joze now...holden is out...I hope joze shines this year

Don't get me wrong, Duece can def still play top flight footy, but where would he fit in? He's not content with playing for a mid-table team (hence his desire in leaving Fulham), but he will get very little playing time on a top 6 team... Maybe last season has him homesick? Who knows? Everton might not be a bad fit... I'd love for him to play for Arsenal but he wouldn't fit in tactically IMO... I def love to see Americans succeed abroad, I just hope he isn't limiting himself...

I don't think Duece had a bad yr at all...spurs have an incredibly selfish team lead by Defoe and Clint was their third leadings scorer with 12 across all competitions I believe, his style of play doesn't fit with the other guys there though with walker and Lennon thu just run run run....but they took a higher amount d points per game when he started matches for them than without him but he always manages to get his time despite coaching changes and player moves...he's def not coming back here to play yet :lol:

I disagree with you about Maradona mainly because how great would it had been for Maradona and Messi to lift the cup. Maradona was not a tactical genius...

:lol: That's putting it kindly. He's one of the most inept coaches to ever manage at that level. The man played Maxi Rodriguez and Di Maria - basically two wingers - in central midfield against a side like Germany. That's a midfield just begging to be overrun. And the two players who could have added solidity (Cambiasso and Zanetti) were left at home.

That Dutch side was so :pimp: Damn shame what they turned themselves into in 2010.

Speaking of midfield, that Roma midfield kept the MLS all stars in check all game. They dictated the flow the entire game. Between Strootman, Florenzi, & Pjanic's passing?!!? Then add Totti?! That was beautiful futbol. :smokin I can't believe Totti is 35 or 36... He & Pirlo are still playing at a high level.

Real Madrid also controlled the pace of the game against that bruce arena side. That one 40 yard pass from Isco to Benzema was beautiful. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom