The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Speaking of midfield, that Roma midfield kept the MLS all stars in check all game. They dictated the flow the entire game. Between Strootman, Florenzi, & Pjanic's passing?!!? Then add Totti?! That was beautiful futbol. :smokin I can't believe Totti is 35 or 36... He & Pirlo are still playing at a high level.
How did Bradley look?

And how many more points do the USMNT need to clinch a WC berth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of midfield, that Roma midfield kept the MLS all stars in check all game. They dictated the flow the entire game. Between Strootman, Florenzi, & Pjanic's passing?!!? Then add Totti?! That was beautiful futbol. :smokin I can't believe Totti is 35 or 36... He & Pirlo are still playing at a high level.
How did Bradley look?

And how many more points do the USMNT need to clinch a WC berth?

Gotdammit, I can't believe I neglected to mention Bradley. He played very well. That whole midifield with Pjanic playing further up really controlled that game. I thought it was going to be closer. A lot of MLS apologists in the press are chalking it up to the MLS all stars not having played together, etc but they were just outclassed by Roma.

^ Nobody mentioned it until you did... :rolleyes

Edit - Oh, I see rck2sactown's inquiry.... :rolleyes

Last edited:
4-0 Barca. They are BALLIN. I'm so hyped for the season to start. The high pressure, the directness, the attacking, the flashiness. They are looking real good.

Last edited:
I like these custom tribute numbers and lettering Barca are wearing today. Unlike Real's comic sans-like font, there's a purpose and reason to these.

Is Alves switching to 22 this season?

4-0 Barca. They are BALLIN. I'm so hyped for the season to start. The high pressure, the directness, the attacking, the flashiness. They are looking real good.

They're looking good, anxious for Neymar to get on.

Last edited:
They're looking good, anxious for Neymar to get on. BTW, what's going on with the numbers on the Barca kits
sick.gif
"Barça's shirts today will use the typography of Anna Vives, a girl with Down syndrome"

I like these custom tribute numbers and lettering Barca are wearing today. Unlike Real's comic sans-like font, there's a purpose and reason to these.

Is Alves switching to 22 this season?
Yes, to honor Abidal. Pure class

:lol: That's putting it kindly. He's one of the most inept coaches to ever manage at that level. The man played Maxi Rodriguez and Di Maria - basically two wingers - in central midfield against a side like Germany. That's a midfield just begging to be overrun. And the two players who could have added solidity (Cambiasso and Zanetti) were left at home.

That Dutch side was so :pimp: Damn shame what they turned themselves into in 2010.

No Argentine I knew wanted Cambiasso or Zanetti on the team...their ship had sailed. Just cuz Inter won the champions league doesn't mean they deserved a call. Argentina is not Mexico or the USA. They don't have to start every player in Europe just cuz they play in Europe.

Brek Shea, Brad Guzan, and Maurice Edu don't start for the national team :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brek Shea, Brad Guzan, and Maurice Edu don't start for the national team :nerd: :nerd:
Ok your right. They don't always start but once they get to a European team they automatically get called up. It's like [insert player] is playing in the Dutch 3rd Divison....he must be better than [ insert name ] who plays on the Timbers. The are many factors that need to be considered not just their club team. Many of our US euro players are not fit to lace Donovan's boots.

Last edited:
Subbing in Hernandez for Ramonsito was the reason Mexico lost to The US in 02.
:pimp:

looks like Clint is coming back..smh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom