The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Those La Liga name & number sets that look like comic sans look horrible... Eww...

Edit - maybe it's homage to Gaudi or Dali....

Last edited:
I cant believe this Dempsey to Seattle things is happening..... He was better off playing in fulham but noooo, he wanna leave to play for spurs for one year and then go to the damn sounders? smh

wow i thought it was all BS yesterday . but damn say it aint so . especially a year before the world cup . not sure this makes sense for him . next year would have been better

^^not if he wouldn't be getting a ton of pt though....I'm good w it hope spurs fall apart, only cared about Clint there anyway :lol:

Everton should have picked up Dempsey.IMO he still deserves to play for some club in the EPL. I think he would fit it at Swansea, Everton, even one of the newly promoted clubs (Hull and Cardiff). He had some clutch goals for spurs, he just couldn't finish like he did with fullham. I think tottenham should have given him another season. I won't be surprised if they unload Defoe and Adebayour next.

As much as I like Deuce, he didn't earn another spot on a Euro side which is why he took the best offer available to him. I think him being 30 & being American proly didn't help matters. He'll get a chance to make some money stateside a be a big fish on this side of the pond. I may even get my son a Sounder Deuce shirt.

View media item 523088

So the lettering Barca used on their kits today was done by a graphic artist Anna Vives who happens to have downs. The shirts will be auctioned off tomorrow on eBay with all proceeds going to Itinerarium Foundation which helps "improve the lives, leisure and free-time of people with learning difficulties. Specifically, the proceeds will be used to foster sport among these people, and the project is being actively supported by Andrés Iniesta, one of the project’s patrons.

I didn't like the lettering but it's a great way to help a worth while cause.

:smokin @ Cesc. He was "wilding" on the pitch today either scoring goals (2) or passing for an assist. Neymar looked great too. Great touch/control of the ball & great passing.

It was good hearing Ray Hudson & Phil Schoen calling the game today.

Looking forward to seeing how this season unfolds good or bad.

Last edited:
As much as I like Deuce, he didn't earn another spot on a Euro side which is why he took the best offer available to him. I think him being 30 & being American proly didn't help matters. He'll get a chance to make some money stateside a be a big fish on this side of the pond. I may even get my son a Sounder Deuce shirt.
What do you mean he didn't earn another spot on a Euro side? You really don't think there's a spot for Clint on the majority of premier league clubs? I still struggle to understand the criticism Deuce got for his performances last year. He was easily one of the most productive players on a team top to bottom full of under performers. What's more likely is that the Sounders were the only club willing to pay $9M for him and Spurs took the best offer available to them especially considering how picky Clint has proven to be. All things considered good business by Spurs if this gets finalized. 

Although he scored 12 or so goals last season, Deuce saw his playing time decreased by AVB as the season progressed which is ironic because the Spurs experienced numerous injuries to their midfield (most notably with Bale) along with their forwards/strikers. He along with other Spurs could've really established themselves during those injuries but no one including Deuce stood out & took command which led to them not qualifying for the CL. Also don't want to discount the run Arsenal made during the last portion of the season. If you disagree so be it. I think people tend to romanticize US players playing abroad. I think it's better for Clint to come home. He had a good run overseas & now he gets to come home to play & make a little bank...

Last edited:
I'm with you I'm just saying I'm sure Dempsey has plenty of suitors in Europe they just don't value him at 9 mil. 

I still think deuce needed another season at Tottenham, but with the upheaval it was not gonna happen. Hopefully I get to see the Sounders play in Florida soon against O City.

since everyone is posting their clubs:

Portugal/Brazil and US for the Nationals. My father was part Brazilian/Portuguese so I was born to be into footy. The US simply to support the sport growing. I do like Timmy How and Deuce.

Manchester United and Portland for clubs. United was probably the only good thing my father gave me outside of life.

So the lettering Barca used on their kits today was done by a graphic artist Anna Vives who happens to have downs. The shirts will be auctioned off tomorrow on eBay with all proceeds going to Itinerarium Foundation which helps "improve the lives, leisure and free-time of people with learning difficulties. Specifically, the proceeds will be used to foster sport among these people, and the project is being actively supported by Andrés Iniesta, one of the project’s patrons.

I didn't like the lettering but it's a great way to help a worth while cause.

smokin.gif
@ Cesc. He was "wilding" on the pitch today either scoring goals (2) or passing for an assist. Neymar looked great too. Great touch/control of the ball & great passing.

It was good hearing Ray Hudson & Phil Schoen calling the game today.

Looking forward to seeing how this season unfolds good or bad.
That's a really nice gesture by Barcelona. Pretty dope concept

Andres Iniesta is that dude 

Last edited:
^ Jason Sudeikis is winning in life... Nice career, hot girlfriend, sneakers galore... Lol

Last edited:
Didn't know he was a sneakerhead! 

Tot 15-0 Ars 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Gervinho to Roma for 8M is done now, apparently.

Nice stack of cash for Arsenal to not spend.

Back
Top Bottom