The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Gervinho to Roma for 8M is done now, apparently.

Nice stack of cash for Arsenal to not spend.

More importantly that's getting a useless player off the payroll...

Something Wenger has struggled to do in recent times....

Watching the Spurs v Monaco game makes me even more confused why we sold Caulker and Dempsey :smh:

It seems like half our squad is injured/leaving

Watching the Spurs v Monaco game makes me even more confused why we sold Caulker and Dempsey :smh:

It seems like half our squad is injured/leaving

Didn't AVB say 8 players will be put onto the market?

Watching this match just makes me wonder about Monaco sustainability with that tiny stadium. And it's not even full. Seems like people would rather watch from their yacht than the stadium. The crowd is also so quiet....such a difference from the Napoli Arsenal game....

Lmao Spurs getting WORKED by Monaco :rofl: I hope they finish 10th. It's far from guaranteed all thee foreign players even match the EPL style of play as well...Clint was a definite proven commodity in that league but I really can't fault him he's getting like 40 mil over 4 yrs which is great.

He was more important to Spurs than their fans realized, just reading their forums after some games and man are they insufferable :lol: and if/when bale leaves they will be even worse off, Saldado is a good player but bale is the main reason they were anywhere close to CL spots

Last edited:
At the Sudekis video
laugh.gif
if you look at the score half of the goals are OGs from Szczesny
laugh.gif

Wow what a class goal by Bordeaux's Saivet!!! Belay really chased that ball down like I haven't seen in a while for a great cross...

Last edited:
I GO AWAY FOR A WEEK, I COME BACK AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!
Not all that surprised but still :smh:

Gervinho & Chamakh to leave : Bendtner staying?
Posted by: arseblog 29 mins ago in Manager, Pre-season, Press conferences, Transfers in, Transfers out 30 Comments

Arsene Wenger has revealed that both Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh are on the verge of leaving Arsenal, but says the club are ‘nowhere’ when it comes to finding a new home for Nicklas Bendtner.
Speaking after the 2-2 Emirates Cup draw with Napoli, the manager was pressed on his transfer plans (which we’ll come to to), but also asked about possible departures.
It’s an area in which Arsenal have been efficient this summer and it looks as if two more misfits (of varying degrees) will join the likes of Djourou, Denilson, Santos and Mannone out the door.
“Gervinho we are at the moment close to an agreement with a club where he should go,” said Wenger. “Chamakh might go somewhere, it will be decided in the next 48 hours. Both are permanent moves.”
But those hoping to see the back of The Greatest Striker That Ever Lived won’t be too happy to hear this update.
“Bendtner we are nowhere. At the moment he is completely here.”
When you consider that at the start of the summer, the Dane was confidently predicting his imminent departure, it doesn’t augur well.
As expected, the Arsenal boss was also asked about Luis Suarez, saying, “I never said we have made a bid to Liverpool, now I can tell you we have made one, so at least that is some information. All the rest, I would like to keep to us. If we progress in that situation, we will inform you. At the moment, that is where we are.
“I wouldn’t like to talk openly about negotiations because that is not my target in the press conference. I can just repeat what I said yesterday: until the 31st, which is one month in front of us, we will work very hard to strengthen our squad without naming any specific names because I don’t believe that will make negotiations easier.
“After that you can make all kinds of thinking about the prices of the players. When you want to buy any player you need the agreement of the club and the agreement of the player and you need to agree a price.
“So you need three agreements. It is like you go to your neighbour and say: ‘I want to buy your house, so get out tomorrow morning.’ He will not be necessarily happy about it.”

Copped tickets to the ICC 3rd place and championship match on Wednesday, got some good seats too
gonna surprise my dad since he doesn't know I bought them :D

I don't have that luxury cause I was born and raised underprivileged. Kids used to make fun of me for not speaking any English and wearing the same beat up shoes for 2 years in a row.
I was born in Dominican Republic, parents brought me and my bro to the US in 1999 to escape poverty. And guess what? 14 years in this country and we still poor, haven't made it out the hood yet but we will someday

/rant
My man :pimp: sorry if I got you heated :lol:

You're right tho, I need to appreciate what I got more.

My pops, when he was in England for HS and college/residency, was homeless for weeks at a time and ate a chicken wing a night :lol: |I :wow: :smh:

I always forget what my fam/pops had to go thru to get me and my family where we are today |I

At the same time, looking back at my Dad's goal of getting us to America and California and what this country has afforded us, has a lot to do with the pride I have when getting the opportunity to rep the USA every chance I get.

But, I also understand where you are coming from.
no worries man, if you're ever down here let me know. I personally don't drink any alcohol but we can go to the bar and I'll buy you a drink since I know you like alcohol so much :lol:

Wow what a class goal by Bordeaux's Saivet!!! Belay really chased that ball down like I haven't seen in a while for a great cross...
where are you guys watching these friendlies :nerd: 0]

Last edited:
I am so happy bros...Lame Cox finally added Univision TDN HD to the lineup. Watching PSG and Bordeaux in the French Supercup...

To bad we won't be gettin Bein anytime soon.

louislagerfeld -
I'm watching via BEIN Sport. Great source for Serie A & League "Un". Also if I'm really bored & nothing's on I can watch English Championship...

Damn PSG tied it up in the 80th min from a beautiful assist from Ibra The Destoyer...

Last edited:
1-0 Real Madrid. Crazy seeing anything other that Baseball being played at Dodger Stadium

Deulofeu is a future star. Martinez will enjoy him and Kone at Goodison.

Not a fan of Jelavic. He's a mediocre striker.

:lol: That's putting it kindly. He's one of the most inept coaches to ever manage at that level. The man played Maxi Rodriguez and Di Maria - basically two wingers - in central midfield against a side like Germany. That's a midfield just begging to be overrun. And the two players who could have added solidity (Cambiasso and Zanetti) were left at home.

That Dutch side was so :pimp: Damn shame what they turned themselves into in 2010.

No Argentine I knew wanted Cambiasso or Zanetti on the team...their ship had sailed. Just cuz Inter won the champions league doesn't mean they deserved a call. Argentina is not Mexico or the USA. They don't have to start every player in Europe just cuz they play in Europe.

You must not know many Argentinians. I was furious when Maradona called the likes of Ariel Garce, Mario Bolatti, and Clemente Rodriguez instead of Cambiasso and Zanetti. Argentina essentially played that World Cup with no right-back, Maradona had Otamendi play a position he had never played before on the biggest stage of world football and it showed when Germany attacked that side all match long and scored four on us.

Major League Soccer to expand to 24 teams by 2020 season, says Commissioner Don Garber
JULY 31, 2013
MLSsoccer staff
MLSsoccer.com

Reddit
Email
Comments

USA Today Sports
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Think 20 was the magic number? Think bigger.

Major League Soccer plans to add another four teams by the 2020 season, Commissioner Don Garber announced at halftime during the broadcast of Wednesday night’s AT&T All-Star Game at Sporting Park.

The league had previously held to the idea that a 20-team league was the sweet spot for the foreseeable future. MLS has added 10 clubs since the beginning of the 2005 season, and the recent addition of New York City FC – who begin play in 2015 – will bring the league to 20.

PODCAST: Orlando City owner says 2015 is the team's goal
“These expansion clubs have brought new ideas that have contributed to our strategy for growing the league and the addition of new markets has expanded our geographic reach while increasing our fan base,” Garber said in a league press release.

Wednesday’s news gives immediate hope to several markets looking to break into the league, such as Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Detroit and Sacramento, to name a few – several of whom had representatives presenting to the MLS Board of Governors here on Wednesday afternoon.

MLS has engaged in exploratory discussions with multiple markets and potential owners regarding future expansion, according to the statement. The league will unveil a process during the coming months that will detail the procedure and timing for future expansion.

Remember "MLS 2.0?" It's time for the next upgrade
"The strength, passion and vision of the MLS ownership group is the foundation behind the success of our league,” Garber continued. “We look forward to adding new partners with the same commitment to the sport and love of the game.

"As MLS enters a period of accelerated growth, the addition of new teams will allow us to expand our geographic coverage, grow our fan base and help us achieve our vision of being among the best leagues in the world by 2022.”

With 24 teams, MLS would become the largest top-level professional soccer league in the world.

I like the expansion and growth of MLS like any other american to some degree, lets not go too crazy........ BUT......... what would be the pros or cons or general opinions if we established a relegation system between the MLS and the NASL that has the Cosmos and others

San Antonio Scorpions currently in the NASL.. only our second year.. gotta believe they'll be in running for one of them MLS franchises...

I don't like the idea of expanding MLS to 24 teams. Hell, the NBA and NHL, the two most-dominant leagues in their respective sports (world-wide), are even stretched thin at only a half-dozen more than that. MLS isn't going to grow so much in seven years that it warrants 24 teams.

San Antonio, indy, orlando, and a southeast team like atlanta or memphis...

Back
Top Bottom