The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

De Bruyne and Schurrle. Youth movement. Young Germany.

Chelsea will be fun to watch this season.

Ramires and Moses both looked strong. Making cases for their place in the XI.

@samuelj29060 All new signings must be signed by Monday 12th August if they're to be eligible for the Champions League play-offs. http://bit.ly/15FM2Ws
- @karlsentk Exciting Colombian prospect to train with Arsenal next week. Sebastian Perez (20, Atletico Nacional). Elegant, gifted central midfielder
- a crack on the rib from game in Japan. He's out for 2 weeks."
- BBC's David Ornstein: "Speaking to senior sources at Arsenal, I can say the club won't go to £50m for Suárez." http://bbc.in/1ekR4cR
- Ornstein on if Suárez doesn't sign for #AFC "The club told me they're working very hard, privately, on other deals. I don't have names."

I don't understand when people bring up relegation in regards to MLS, do they just not understand the concept of a single entity structure or is it pure fantasy. pro/rel could possibly happen this century, but only with drastic changes to the league model, changes th

Unacceptable? Uh no. The majority of the Western hemisphere does NOT follow the Euro system.

As usual the Euro fairy dust is strong here. 

You're just *****ing just to *****. You're one of those people who want MLS to differentiate itself from the rest of the world (especially European) in terms of football. That's good and all but if promotion/relegation is included it would make the league more competitive and force teams to fight for their place in the league. As it sits right now , there isn't really any consequence when it comes to losing. Hence why I find MLS to be boring. I'll stick to my initial statement.

I know, he came through Genk.

I should have clarified. Referring more to Schurrle, Reus, Gotze, Draxler.

Oscar 21, Van Ginkel 20, Hazard 21, Lukaku 20, De Bruyne 22, Moses 22, Mata 25, Bertrand 23, Azpilicueta 23, Schürrle 22.

:x

Mourinho getting to work with them as they go into their prime. :smokin

Chelsea could be a juggernaut in another 2/3 years.

I don't understand when people bring up relegation in regards to MLS, do they just not understand the concept of a single entity structure or is it pure fantasy. pro/rel could possibly happen this century, but only with drastic changes to the league model, changes th

Unacceptable? Uh no. The majority of the Western hemisphere does NOT follow the Euro system.

As usual the Euro fairy dust is strong here. 
You're just *****ing just to *****. You're one of those people who want MLS to differentiate itself from the rest of the world (especially European) in terms of football. That's good and all but if promotion/relegation is included it would make the league more competitive and force teams to fight for their place in the league. As it sits right now , there isn't really any consequence when it comes to losing. Hence why I find MLS to be boring. I'll stick to my initial statement.
I'm not *****ing at all dude. 
laugh.gif

You're one of those people who's straight up ignorant to the fact that pro/rel IS NOT feasible within a single entity league structure. You don't know anything about what I want for MLS. I would much prefer a pro soccer landscape in this country with hundreds of thriving clubs competing across a number of divisions with successful and stable leagues at every level of the soccer pyramid with pro/rel as the catalyst. However, my thoughts and words are rooted in reality. It's funny how you say I'm *****ing when really, repeating over and over "MLS needs pro/rel" is akin to a two year old asking over and over for ice cream for dinner, it's just not going to happen.

Last edited:
I believe baseball should follow the pro/rel system here in the US. The Royals and Pirates (not this season) should be playing in AAA baseball. I dont know if that would work for us in soccer, the MLS is not stable enough in my opinion to do it.

The talent on Man City and Chelsea when compared to the rest of the top teams in England is insane. 

[TABLE]
[TR]

These are planned expansion teams for the NASL, taking out Montreal since it is in the MLS would make the NASL up to 14 teams by 2015. and with MLS having 20 teams by 2015 and top with 20 teams and bot with 14 seems good but looking at the stadium sizes for those in NASL Puerto Rico has the most followed by Ft. Lauderdale 20K and Cosmos at 15K.
[/TR][/TABLE]​
[TABLE][TR]

San Antonio will have a bigger stadium soon.. this year is the first year they've opened Toyota Field and they built it to be a 4 step process.. they'll be up to that 18.5k level soon... soccer in south texas is only getting bigger and bigger every day..

View media item 525550[/tr][/table]​

what? LOL
I think it can work with the amount of footy fans we have here

There are footy fans in SoFlo but not the type to pack a MLS stadium. I mean lok at the Marlins, they've won two championships and still never became embraced. Not to mention Miami is full of Cubans who love baseball.

I don't think it's a good market, they already four pro teams. Orlando could work tho, it'd be the city's second pro team, they can be embraced.

Oscar 21, Van Ginkel 20, Hazard 21, Lukaku 20, De Bruyne 22, Moses 22, Mata 25, Bertrand 23, Azpilicueta 23, Schürrle 22.

McEachran 20, van Aanholt 22, Courtois 21, Romeu 21, Marin 24, Chalobah 18, Wallace 19

:nthat:

and don't forget about our goalkeeper of the future.. Thibaut Courtois who is only 21

and i got high hopes for Nathan Ake in a few years too..

Last edited:
what? LOL

There are footy fans in SoFlo but not the type to pack a MLS stadium. I mean lok at the Marlins, they've won two championships and still never became embraced. Not to mention Miami is full of Cubans who love baseball.

I don't think it's a good market, they already four pro teams. Orlando could work tho, it'd be the city's second pro team, they can be embraced.
Most of the footy fans are outside Miami. I think it could work if there was a team/stadium down south around Kendall/Doral. The majority of people who live in those areas are South Americans who have the funds to support the local team.

what? LOL

We're right to be skeptical of Miami. Imo it will only work if the club is BIG TIME, its the only way people will really care. I guess I'm optimistic with Beckham as the face and the Bolivian billionaire providing the $.  If they can get a staidum bulit downtown somewhere along Biscayne Bay with all the other attractions I think they will be successful if not the franchise will be dead on arrival. 

Last edited:
Most of the footy fans are outside Miami. I think it could work if there was a team/stadium down south around Kendall/Doral. The majority of people who live in those areas are South Americans who have the funds to support the local team.

Yea but you need more than the South American demographic to maintain a professional sports team in the Miami area, who at the same time competes with another four professional franchises.

As for Orlando, it's a more of an open market. Less saturated. But there are even better cities throughout the nation that could instantly embrace an MLS team. I just don't see Miami area being one - yet.

Professional teams in Miami are a joke...city full of bandwagon fans

Last edited:
No space for a stadium in miami. Sun Life is too big and there will be a ton of empty seats. Unless they can use marlins ballpark, no way in hell.

Yeah I feel like Miami (unless its a heat level dominant squad) would struggle with attendance which is odd considering the demographics and perfect weather but South Beach has too much goin on I guess :lol: bc it takes til halftime for the Heat to fill the stadium up and they're back to back champs.

I wonder where they are though with Becks getting ownership rights to an MLS franchise. I know he wanted Miami originally. They also need to end the Chivas experiment and move them to San Diego...it'd be a great developing rivalry with Tijuana and an SD MLS squad. The youth academies need to remain a top prority for the league to grow as well...like that Kid a few pages back going to Madrid's academy is right in the SJ Earthquakes backyard the MLS team should have the resources to get the best kids in the area into a proper training environment from 10 on up.

Our country is so massive though there's always gonna be kids who slip through the cracks but covering more area with teams isn't the worst idea to help mend that. After all, Liga MX teams raid Texas and SoCal for talent a lot and those teams don't get any compensation. Florida is such a hotbed for players here since they can play year round unlike the northeast so At minimum I think Orlando should get in soon, and as others mentioned San Antonio too, all they have are he Spurs and its a big city so they could garner support. I like St. Louis too for expansion.

Man I really like PSG attack this season. Ibra, Cavani, Lucas, Lavezzi, Pastore....

goodness god.

Them and Man City have no excuse this year in the CL.

Orlando would be ideal.. they already support the hell out of their Orlando City club

Back
Top Bottom