The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

^^ only thing I know and remember about ter stegen is that own goal against the USA where he just let it keep rollin into the net off the back pass :rofl:

And lord for such a puny country Belgium is absolutely stacked at several positions with great youth too... its crazy...along with Courtois they have Mignolet who is very good and only 25. Keepers can play till their late 30s no problem smh what's in the water over there :lol: they're my sleeper for the WC. There wasn't any shame in losing to that squad for the USA...though we could've played better they are extremely talented :smokin

Last edited:
Next year might be too soon for them. But by Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup they are going to be hard to handle. Their best players outside of Fellaini, and Witsel are all early 20s

Oscar 21, Van Ginkel 20, Hazard 21, Lukaku 20, De Bruyne 22, Moses 22, Mata 25, Bertrand 23, Azpilicueta 23, Schürrle 22.

:x

McEachran 20, van Aanholt 22, Courtois 21, Romeu 21, Marin 24, Chalobah 18, Wallace 19
Wallace is a beast. Most of these players like Romeu and McEachran will be sold soon. 

Umm no. McEachran is only 20 and he's Chelsea's homegrown talent. He's the future at MF.

Romeu, has potential but I don' tknow if he'll ever be chelsea starting quality

And lord for such a puny country Belgium is absolutely stacked at several positions with great youth too
i was just thinking about this the other day too..Courtois and Mignolet in goal, in defense: Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, midfield: Fellaini, Dembele, Witsel, De Bruyne, Eden and Thorgan Hazard, Chadli and at forward: Mirallas, Benteke and Lukaku..with Kompany being the oldest of the bunch at only 27 
sick.gif

and Adnan Januzaj whos only 18, was really impressive in United's Asian tour

Romeu has gone to Valencia on Loan, I don't think he will return

McEachran needs to get his act together, He been acting arrogant off the pitch and has already had 2 loan moves to Middlesbrough and Swansea go bust

I'm not *****ing at all dude. :lol:

You're one of those people who's straight up ignorant to the fact that pro/rel IS NOT feasible within a single entity league structure. You don't know anything about what I want for MLS. I would much prefer a pro soccer landscape in this country with hundreds of thriving clubs competing across a number of divisions with successful and stable leagues at every level of the soccer pyramid with pro/rel as the catalyst. However, my thoughts and words are rooted in reality. It's funny how you say I'm *****ing when really, repeating over and over "MLS needs pro/rel" is akin to a two year old asking over and over for ice cream for dinner, it's just not going to happen.
Nonsense. I only mentioned Relegation and Promotion once in my previous statement. As I said before, you're *****ing just to *****.

Last edited:
FIFA really needs to get rid of these international friendlies the week before the start of the season. :smh:

Why do you want to get rid of these friendlies? They're a great way for fans abroad to catch teams or watch great teams play. They generate money for the teams & more importantly they help get teams/players to prepare & get in great shape for the start of the season.

I know for my son's club team we scrimmage regularly with other sides quite a bit before the start of the fall & spring seasons.

Copped my Barcelona vs Sevilla tickets at the Camp Nou for next month. Super hyped. Now if those UCL group stage games can be drawn already 

Plz take pics & share. I'm excited for the season to start. Glad Cesc is staying too. This is a big season for him to step up. Excited to see what Tata does. I think he'll be a step forward from Tito (with no disrespect intended).

FIFA really needs to get rid of these international friendlies the week before the start of the season. :smh:

Why do you want to get rid of these friendlies? They're a great way for fans abroad to catch teams or watch great teams play. They generate money for the teams & more importantly they help get teams/players to prepare & get in great shape for the start of the season.

I know for my son's club team we scrimmage regularly with other sides quite a bit before the start of the fall & spring seasons.

Because they are dumb. Club teams have been training with each other for a month and then have to break up and go play with their national team just days before the start of the league season. They need to either move the friendlies later in the season, or get rid of them altogether.

^ training is one thing but scrimmaging in a live/competitive environment against another team is vital especially if you have young or new players. It also gives the coaches a chance to see the measures they're trying to implement are working in a live game & also what they need to work on before the season/campaign starts. Just training doesn't accomplish anything, but I guess if you don't like 'em, you just don't like 'em - damn not understanding the logic behind the friendlies...

I think he meant international National Team Friendlies (as opposed to club team friendlies currently taking place)...

^ training is one thing but scrimmaging in a live/competitive environment against another team is vital especially if you have young or new players. It also gives the coaches a chance to see the measures they're trying to implement are working in a live game & also what they need to work on before the season/campaign starts. Just training doesn't accomplish anything, but I guess if you don't like 'em, you just don't like 'em - damn not understanding the logic behind the friendlies...

They are international friendlies, not club friendlies. They are not training hard for international friendlies, nor are they competing hard in the actual games.

Club training leading up to a league season is far more intense/beneficial than training for a meaningless international friendly.

And your argument about coaches preparation is pretty pointless. They leave their club teams and then go train with their international teams for like 2 days. Then they don't even meet again for another 2/3 months. They are not implementing or gaining anything significant for those 3 days when there is such a large gap between the next time they train with their international team. And for most teams...the squad they pick changes as well. So it may not even be the same group of players that are chosen the next time. So again....it is pointless.

I've been talking about Belgium for years now. Finally coming to fruition.

Ty: You left out Chadli, Mertens, and Lombaerts.

Yeah, you guys are on two different pages there. :lol:
I agree with Ibis on that friendly date, tho. Needs to go.

...and can we stop with the Belgium "sleeper team" stuff already. Nearly their entire squad plays for a Champions League squad. And the others (Fellaini, Benteke, etc.) aren't exactly playing in some far off land. If you've watched European football for more than a day, you know how much talent they have.

...and can we stop with the Belgium "sleeper team" stuff already. Nearly their entire squad plays for a Champions League squad. And the others (Fellaini, Benteke, etc.) aren't exactly playing in some far off land. If you've watched European football for more than a day, you know how much talent they have.
THIS

and I've only been watching European football for about 4 hours compared to all you hipster footy lifers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom