The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Man Utd wont sell him. Id like to see him compete with Lukaku/Ba/Torres for that striker position

As a Real fan, if we don't get Bale I'd be very upset that we didn't make a push for Suarez.

I still don't think the team has enough quality to win la liga or the CL. **** copa del reys.

Newcastle suffered from the same thing as Spurs did last season. Decent group of players, but they just didn't come together and get the job done.

We'll see what happens with Les Bleus this season, I expect them to do a hell of a lot more under Pardew, after I'm sure Pardew got the hairdryer treatment from his board.

Wouldn't mind if United got Cabaye. We need SOMEbody...

- Finally; Erik Lamela (ARG, 1992, AS Roma) - elegant winger/second striker with a wonderful left foot, could emerge as late "high end" option
- Lamela: adapted very well to Serie A after initially being considered frail and (too) flamboyant. Roma apparently demanding €25-30M

Lamela is the truth, well worth the €25-30M Roma is asking for him seeing as he's only 21 years old. Don't know where these rumors are coming from but he'd be a great signing for Man Utd fans who are doubting Moyes.

Taarabt is one of those footballers maddening to watch. He shows glimmers of class and world-class potential, and other times he's invisible on the pitch with no influence on the match.

I wonder if Chelsea really needs or wants Wazza for the price and risk of team chemistry.

fox soccer reported that NBC took down it's Bale billboard in Times Square & the Spurs removed his image from their social media, specifically their twitter page...

Any chance Rooney goes to the Blues?

Yes, but i really don't care if we get him or not..

United is not Arsenal. They don't just go selling their best players to direct rivals. Can't think of a single instance where they have done so before. If they were going to sell him, they'd sell to PSG, or Monaco or Anzhi or some club like that.

Giving Chelsea Rooney would essentially be handing them over the title. Even if United wanted to sell him, other than City, Chelsea would be the exact last team they'd be willing to sell to. United fans would never forgive Moyes and he'd be putting himself on the hotseat before he even gets started.

Not to mention, United has no financial incentive to sell him...they don't need the money. And selling Rooney would greatly reduce their depth. RVP has been injury prone in the past.

Seriously tho, are Arsenal or Man U going to sign anyone?

United should go after Di Maria if Bale ends up at Madrid.

Saw some dudes making some off the wall predictions, still way too early for that. Have to wait till at least the end of August.

:lol: damn didn't mean to offend some of y'all talkin about Belgium, real world beaters with an illustrious international recent history they've had with them not even qualifying for the Euro championship group stages from 1988-2012 beyond finishing 12th in 2000. And not even being in the past 2 world cups but ok, not sleepers...guess ill just pick Brazil. I must've missed all those Euro titles and WC semi appearances though. :rofl: Acting like we're talking about Germany here

Anyway Arsenal HAVE to do something smh it'll probably happen the last day of the window...at least I hope and it needs to be a big splash

Last edited:
Taarabt is one of those footballers maddening to watch. He shows glimmers of class and world-class potential, and other times he's invisible on the pitch with no influence on the match.

I wonder if Chelsea really needs or wants Wazza for the price and risk of team chemistry.

Taarabt, Bryan Ruiz and Berbatov in the same line up is rather going to be pure footballing magic or the worst chemistry seen in EPL history :lol:

Taarabt, Bryan Ruiz and Berbatov in the same line up is rather going to be pure footballing magic or the worst chemistry seen in EPL history :lol:

I remember last season watching a few spectacular Bale-esque runs, thinking wow, this guy Taarabt is something special. Then for the rest of the match he would either disappear or shock me with ridiculous decisions.

Who knew Super Mario could play piano? Watch him play the Italian national anthem (Canto degli Italiani) for Pirlo

it's fake LOL....

Last edited:
My bad, For some reason I automatically read Remy instead of Taraabt because that is all I have read about today lol.

This Rooney stuff is getting out of hand. sell the dude out of country and be done with it. No player is bigger than the club.

^ Not yet. The "ESPNFC" show will debut Sunday Aug 11 @ 10PM ET on ESPN2. Then I think it's regular schedule will be Monday through Friday at 5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN with a weekend wrap up Sundays at midnight ET on ESPN2.

^ Not yet. The "ESPNFC" show will debut Sunday Aug 11 @ 10PM ET on ESPN2. Then I think it's regular schedule will be Monday through Friday at 5:30 p.m. ET on ESPN with a weekend wrap up Sundays at midnight ET on ESPN2.

That's awesome, about damn time.

Guess they were feeling the heat since Fox Sports 1 is launching.

Back
Top Bottom