The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Hmmm... Barca is possibly interested in Man City's 19 year old midfielder Denis Suarez. He played very well with Spain's Under-20 World Cup campaign in Turkey. I'm not sure Pellegrini will let that fly if it's indeed true... Interesting though...
They are very interested in him. Tried to sign him a few years back but City beat them to it. I hope he comes. Would fill in gap that Thiago left in a few years. 

Hmmm... Barca is possibly interested in Man City's 19 year old midfielder Denis Suarez. He played very well with Spain's Under-20 World Cup campaign in Turkey. I'm not sure Pellegrini will let that fly if it's indeed true... Interesting though...

They are very interested in him. Tried to sign him a few years back but City beat them to it. I hope he comes. Would fill in gap that Thiago left in a few years. 

I'd love that signing but I don't think Pellegrini will let Suarez leave.

Can't deny Suarez has the hunger....we need him though he's a punk smh it just sucks he's suspended for so long...but he did say Liverpool promised theyd let him leave so I dunno.

I like what AVB has done to bring Soldado, Chadli, and Paulinho to WHL.

Crucial four signings to replace Bale if/when he leaves for Madrid.

I've heard Suarez, Lamela, ?, ?

So Ronaldo re-signed, good for him. But €17 million per year?

Eto makes 20 mil. Messi and Ronaldo should be paid more than 20 mil per year.

I read somewhere a while back that non-spanish citizens are capped at a certain income for a certain amount of years. I am not surprised Ronaldo and Messi are only getting around 16-17 million euros per year. They get more in endorsements and jersey sales though and it doesn't hurt they play for the most known football clubs in the world, playing in the top 5 leagues in the world, and regularly play in the champions league on the world wide stage.

Do you think players like Eto, Anelka, Drogba, or Raul would play for these obscure and sub-par leagues if they weren't getting paid more than what they were worth. Eto is one of the top strikers in the game but shouldn't be getting more than Ronaldo and Messi but that's what it takes to land a big name. You might be making more per year but you may be tarnishing your legacy and sacrificing your happiness by playing in a sub-par league. Also don't forget that some of these teams that shell out the mega-cash for one player often underpay their own home grown/national players which creates animosity and jealousy within the team, look @ Hulk. There are players that chased money and regretted it soon after like Hulk, Anelka, Drogba, etc.

IMHO, unless you are playing a top 5 league (England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France) and chasing money $$$, you will regret it eventually, especially when you are still in your prime.

This, I don't see them doing it either especially since they lost out on Isco plus with Man Citeh failure to reclaim the title last year. I see them more going with buying and stashing young players and sprinkling them with big time signings like Chelsea.

Apparently this is the crows at the Juve vs Inter match

Person I follow tweeted this, said he was surprised more people didn't show up

And that's why Miami won't get a MLS team. People would rather go to the beach than watch a game but I don't blame them. Orlando would work, just move the Orlando Pirates there :tongue:.

Dempsey making ridiculous amount of money with the Sounders. Too bad he didn't stay in Europe though. 

The only reason I think he left was to get more playing time to ensure that he gets a spot in the next world cup. If he does well, I can see him moving to a team like Everton, Stoke, etc but if he fails to impress, he still gets paid and gets to stay in the states.

As a Real fan, if we don't get Bale I'd be very upset that we didn't make a push for Suarez.

I still don't think the team has enough quality to win la liga or the CL. **** copa del reys.

I really think they should let their young players shine like Morata, Jese, Denis, etc. People have to remember that Higuain became the player he was through opportunity with RM first team, they should do the same with Morata. If not sell him or loan him out. People forget that RM had some talent in their youth academy with the likes of Mata, Soladado, Negredo. Imagine if they gave him time to develop, they would have saved a ton instead of going after Ozil, Modric, Benzema, etc.

Denis Suarez only has one year left on his deal, so unless he extends his contract they'll have to take the €4m or so they can get from Barca, or watch him walk away for nothing at the end of the season. He'd be signing for the B team, and would form an excellent midfield 3 with Espinosa and Samper. I do believe he has the talent to become a first team player eventually. Every big club was after him just a few years ago, but Celta took the best offer, and since then his development has stalled a bit at City.

I read somewhere a while back that non-spanish citizens are capped at a certain income for a certain amount of years. I am not surprised Ronaldo and Messi are only getting around 16-17 million euros per year.

Leo holds dual citizenship. To my knowledge, there is no such cap on income for foreigners, though non-residents are taxed differently.

:lol: @ the Rodgers gif

Last edited:
Dempsey making ridiculous amount of money with the Sounders. Too bad he didn't stay in Europe though. 

The only reason I think he left was to get more playing time to ensure that he gets a spot in the next world cup. If he does well, I can see him moving to a team like Everton, Stoke, etc but if he fails to impress, he still gets paid and gets to stay in the states.

Like there was any chance Dempsey wasn't going to make the WC sqaud. :lol:

Apparently this is the crows at the Juve vs Inter match

Person I follow tweeted this, said he was surprised more people didn't show up

And that's why Miami won't get a MLS team. People would rather go to the beach than watch a game but I don't blame them. Orlando would work, just move the Orlando Pirates there :tongue:.

38, 513 in attendance according to @Epltalk :D

Is OL going to make any moves?

Holding on to Grenier was major though.

Nothing huge, money is tight again smh..,but keeping Grenier was definitely a great move as I know Arsenal were interested at the very least they've upped his transfer value for next summer with the contract and if he shows well even better...he's the engine to the midfield so it'll suck when he leaves but he's very good. Gomis I thought was damn near done to be sold to Newcastle but that's hit a snag as well I saw earlier....gonna need to rely on the youth movement for the most part which will supply cheaper talent and has always been strong at OL. Gone are the times when we were too dogs for 7 yrs with that dirty oil €€€ :lol: smh

Nothing huge, money is tight again smh..,but keeping Grenier was definitely a great move as I know Arsenal were interested at the very least they've upped his transfer value for next summer with the contract and if he shows well even better...he's the engine to the midfield so it'll suck when he leaves but he's very good. Gomis I thought was damn near done to be sold to Newcastle but that's hit a snag as well I saw earlier....gonna need to rely on the youth movement for the most part which will supply cheaper talent and has always been strong at OL. Gone are the times when we were too dogs for 7 yrs with that dirty oil €€€ :lol: smh

Sweet. Yeah I was watching their highlights from earlier in the CL early rounds and really like the make up of the squad. Still think they can make a run for a top 3 finish this year.

Also saw their stadium got approved to be built. Designs look sick

Man Utd are all over the place. This is the first time in my soccer watching life that ive seen them struggle to sign players. They've always been top dogs. It almost makes you forget they won the EPL last season. 

There's a very real possibility that a changing of the guard will happen in the premiere league. I don't see how teams like ManU and Liverpool are going to keep up with Chelsea and City in the long run.

City is operating with almost no dambs whatsoever just stockpiling on players who are in their primes. Chelsea has been there and now that they're established as a top club that young players view as prestigious they've invested in top young talent to sustain their elite level at a lower price.

Do you guys see this transfer window as an isolated instance because of Sir Alex's departure? Or do you guys also see this becoming a trend?

IMO United's focus and ambition for the near future will be to field a team to try to win the EPL at the lowest possible cost. I don't think they're concerned with trying to win the CL. Which is good and smart business on their part. But 5 years from now, unless some good British talent comes up and they're scouts can find top talent before other clubs, the glazers will have to change how they want to operate.

I'm interested as to what City are going to do, they have 4 world class strikers now.

Who are they going to play? Dzeko is probably the only one who would accept a bench role.

But yea, Man U might enter "Liverpool" status in the upcoming years. It doesn't seem like any of the younger generation players want to join them, plus Rooney wanting to leave. Not a good look.

Anzhi bout to break the team up, poor Meulensteen. Gotta think if we dont sell Roo to them, cheslea will be looking to bring in Eto'o for the low

really doubt united will reach liverpool level.. for the sake of profit the owners will have to do everything to maintain interest in the club..

Last edited:

Well I guess no one saw this coming -_-

We should have bought him for his buy out clause ages ago. FFS we still have Anderson on our books! BEBE on our books..amongst others...

We should have settled Fellaini ages ago, sold Anderson (or Cleverly or Young or Bebe) or at least send him out to loan.
There is no way in hell, we will win the league with our current midfield. And that's the main issue we have. It's an issue that should have been top priority from Moyes.

Anzhi bout to break the team up, poor Meulensteen. Gotta think if we dont sell Roo to them, cheslea will be looking to bring in Eto'o for the low

really doubt united will reach liverpool level.. for the sake of profit the owners will have to do everything to maintain interest in the club..

Does this mean Lassana Diara can come to United? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom