The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Hope Chelsea rejects that offer. Chelsea vs Real Madrid tonight in the International Champions Cup Final!!! LETS GO BLUES

Seriously, United has won the league 5x out of the last 7 years, and you guys think they'll drop down to liverpool level over one managerial change and an transfer window that isn't even complete yet? Lmao cmon, stop that.

They'll still win the league even with City and Chelsea spending money foolishly.

Seriously, United has won the league 5x out of the last 7 years, and you guys think they'll drop down to liverpool level over one managerial change and an transfer window that isn't even complete yet? Lmao cmon, stop that.

They'll still win the league even with City and Chelsea spending money foolishly.

Well When the teams that finished 2nd n 3rd both improving the squads n areas of weakness, United havent improved or even addressed the weakness the had, lost one of the greatest managers of the game, youth academ not being as strong as it once was. Remember 8yrs ago, Liverpool had 4 titles more then United. Nobody thought that they would be in he state they are now but thay are and if United doesnt improve, will be joining them soon

Well When the teams that finished 2nd n 3rd both improving the squads n areas of weakness, United havent improved or even addressed the weakness the had, lost one of the greatest managers of the game, youth academ not being as strong as it once was. Remember 8yrs ago, Liverpool had 4 titles more then United. Nobody thought that they would be in he state they are now but thay are and if United doesnt improve, will be joining them soon

Why does it really matter at this point? If they bring back same team that won the PL quite easily last season, do it again with the same squad if they have too. There going to make moves between and transfer window closing that will help their squad. Sure Chelsea and City improved their squads, but they've been doing that every season for quite sometime now. The only other 2 times United didnt win the league in the past 7 years? Goal differential and I think the other time was by less than 3 points.

Not even a United fan, but so many chelsea and city fans claiming the title already. I have a feeling United will still win the league again.

10 years from now, how many titles you think Man U will have compared to the last 20 years. I'd predict it's significantly less, especially if the younger generation of players aren't attracted to Man U. City are still only a couple of years old, they will continue to spend until they get it right. Chelsea has Mou back and finally some stability.

Then from a European point of view, Barca and Real are still attracting the megastars and the emergence of the oil-rich French teams - it's not as easy anymore.

Oh, and Alex Ferguson is gone.

All I'm saying is things have gotten tougher, much more competitive.

Last edited:
Hope Chelsea rejects that offer. Chelsea vs Real Madrid tonight in the International Champions Cup Final!!! LETS GO BLUES

Me 2, Chelsea fan right here.

Anzhi bout to break the team up, poor Meulensteen. Gotta think if we dont sell Roo to them, cheslea will be looking to bring in Eto'o for the low

really doubt united will reach liverpool level.. for the sake of profit the owners will have to do everything to maintain interest in the club..

Eto'o is one of my favorite players but what formation would Chelsea running? 4-3-3? I can't remember but when Eto'o was in Inter w/Mou did he play as a winger/midfielder with Milito as their striker and in that case Chelsea has too much talent there and might stunt the growth of the younger players. But if he is going to play the 9, Chelsea should do it and sell Torres or Ba (more realistic).

10 years from now, how many titles you think Man U will have compared to the last 20 years. I'd predict it's significantly less, especially if the younger generation of players aren't attracted to Man U. City are still only a couple of years old, they will continue to spend until they get it right. Chelsea has Mou back and finally some stability.

Then from a European point of view, Barca and Real are still attracting the megastars and the emergence of the oil-rich French teams - it's not as easy anymore.

Oh, and Alex Ferguson is gone.

All I'm saying is things have gotten tougher, much more competitive.

Great points here. What made Man Utd successful was developing their youth players and buying young players to develop like Rooney, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, etc. In that way they were able to keep their transfer costs down. Plus some of their most recent signings haven't been too great like Kagawa, Berbatov, De Gea. It would be more beneficial if they went with buying good to great prospects and sprinkling them in with their big signings. Heck they should raid the Barca and RM youth teams with their ability to play @ 16.

With the mega-clubs of today it is getting harder and harder to win Champions league and with the likes of Dortmund and Celtic that offer quality competition in the champions league. It doesn't help that the Premiership is one of the most competitive leagues in the world and having something left in the tank to play in the champions league really takes a drain on some players.

1. Eto'o would play best with a striking partner but it doesn't seem likely with all the wingers on the team.

2. Kagawa was hurt most of the year and he was still pretty good when he was playing. Berbatov was the leading scorer in the league playin from the bench :lol: . And de gea is really young and is just getting better and better.

3. Not winning anything this season wouldn't make utds season a failure under moyes 1st year. He should get a pass

And Dempsey not bein able to make the nt? Seriously?

Why does it really matter at this point? If they bring back same team that won the PL quite easily last season, do it again with the same squad if they have too. There going to make moves between and transfer window closing that will help their squad. Sure Chelsea and City improved their squads, but they've been doing that every season for quite sometime now. The only other 2 times United didnt win the league in the past 7 years? Goal differential and I think the other time was by less than 3 points.

Not even a United fan, but so many chelsea and city fans claiming the title already. I have a feeling United will still win the league again.

What do you mean why does i matter?? Their wo bigest rivals for the title greatly improved n ou say why should it matter. Chelsea bought a few players last season but they needed time to adjust. That with coaching changes was the downfall for them last season. So now the have arguably one of the best midfields in the EPL if not in all of Europe, got a manager who now has control of the club from Roman, and alsoadded a few quality young players to promote in the future. City weren't that far behind United last season, they managed to once again strength the squad. TO me, City's downfall was the manager, he didnt have any control on the players and it seemed the stopped listening to him. With a new coach and players, they look to be a stronger club from last season.

Now lets look at what United have done. SAF is no longer the manager of the club, one of the clubs best player wants out (according to the club), havent been able to attract and of the players they went for, didnt address any areas of weakness that the had last season, did improve the youth academy. So with all this i dont know how ou can sa the will easily win the title

1. Eto'o would play best with a striking partner but it doesn't seem likely with all the wingers on the team.

2. Kagawa was hurt most of the year and he was still pretty good when he was playing. Berbatov was the leading scorer in the league playin from the bench :lol: . And de gea is really young and is just getting better and better.

3. Not winning anything this season wouldn't make utds season a failure under moyes 1st year. He should get a pass

And Dempsey not bein able to make the nt? Seriously?

Okay, I see it know, more time is needed to gauge the worth of Kagawa and De Gea (was he hurt last season, it seemed like in Man Utd it was a goalie by committee)

I agree that it wouldn't be a failure if Man Utd don't win the league this year, it is just getting more difficult to win with all the competition at the top. Making it to the CL, is hard enough with 5 quality teams fighting out for 4 spots

I would just going by what Klinsman said about Donovan earning his spot back to the National Team. But I do agree that the USNT doesn't have much options to field a competitive squad without Dempsey or Donovan so by default it is their position to loose. Playing time and form really plays a factor with the bigger national teams with a wide array of talented players at their disposable, too bad that's not the case with USNT.

I really need to stop reading goal.com and bleacher report, anyone has better sites?

I really need to stop reading goal.com and bleacher report, anyone has better sites?

Some of the sites I use are caughtoffside.com, footy-bible.co.uk, football365.com, football.co.uk, football-rumours.co.uk, teamtalk.com, Sky Sports, BBC Sport, Premier League's site, Soccer-spain.com (love this site & it's in English), & Bundesliga's English site.... Also use ESPNFC for Barca's Francesc Tomas's posts & to peruse the headlines...

Last edited:
Anybody catching this Zenit Nordsjaelland CL match. Arshavin comes right off the bench and makes it 4-0

Mou's comments about Ronaldo and RM were somewhat bush league. Added fire to this championship match.

Mou vs. Ancelotti. Interesting storyline.

Based on how Blues have looked in preseason, I'll predict an unbiased 2-1 Chelsea victory.

Gundogan will come at a monstrous fee. He's 22. Versatile enough to play the attacking or holding midfield role. Can even drift wide, at times.

Just got to watch the Thai vs Barca game.

Cesc looked great playing again. Pedro with the hat trick :smokin. I love watching these preseason friendlies in part so that I can see the younger players.

I'm really impressed with Dongou. He's looked very comfortable with the first team & you really get to see his speed/quickness along with his touch with the ball in the friendlies. I really liked seeing fellow Cameroonian Frank Bagnack (THANK YOU Eto'o). It looks like he's overcome some personal issues & his leg injury.

They will more than likely play for the B team, but it looks like they're coming along.

Eto'o is really leaving a legacy at Barca. His foundation has also put goalie Fabrice Ondoa in La Masia...

Fellow Barca fans -

Tata has been installing more aggressive counter attacking measures with the defenders.

Martino is placing 4 defenders behind the halfway line and simulating counterattacking situations from the other side.

The goal being to press the ballplayer & make it so he cannot pass accurately, comfortably, or not pass at all.

If these measures fail, he & the coaches are having them aggressively defend a large range of space as a unit & as an individual. :smokin

He's been using 2 version of the back 4 - Dani Alves, Javier Mascherano, Gerard Pique, & Jordi Alba being the first & then Martin Montoya, Frank Bagnack, Marc Bartra, & Adriano Correia.

I like what I've seen so far granted it's the preseason against weak sides...

Last edited:
Anyone have the full mourinho quotes on Real being about politics and not football, and also the whole thing about El Fenomeno being the real Ronaldo

Also, I think that tonight's preseason match will have one of the most intense preseason first halves. Unless mourinho pulls some troll tactic and fields a weaker side.

Last edited:
Just got to watch the Thai vs Barca game.

Cesc looked great playing again. Pedro with the hat trick
smokin.gif
. I love watching these preseason friendlies in part so that I can see the younger players.

I'm really impressed with Dongou. He's looked very comfortable with the first team & you really get to see his speed/quickness along with his touch with the ball in the friendlies. I really liked seeing fellow Cameroonian Frank Bagnack (THANK YOU Eto'o). It looks like he's overcome some personal issues & his leg injury.

They will more than likely play for the B team, but it looks like they're coming along.

Eto'o is really leaving a legacy at Barca. His foundation has also put goalie Fabrice Ondoa in La Masia...

Fellow Barca fans -

Tata has been installing more aggressive counter attacking measures with the defenders.

Martino is placing 4 defenders behind the halfway line and simulating counterattacking situations from the other side.

The goal being to press the ballplayer & make it so he cannot pass accurately, comfortably, or not pass at all.

If these measures fail, he & the coaches are having them aggressively defend a large range of space as a unit & as an individual.
smokin.gif

He's been using 2 version of the back 4 - Dani Alves, Javier Mascherano, Gerard Pique, & Jordi Alba being the first & then Martin Montoya, Frank Bagnack, Marc Bartra, & Adriano Correia.

I like what I've seen so far granted it's the preseason against weak sides...
Going to have to wait and see how it all translates once the season starts, but from the games i've seen, it looks very promising. I love the high pressing that's been going on. I really hope Alexis keeps his form that he has shown so far in these pre season games.

Also, word is we are about to sign Suarez from Man City. 

Lucho - I didn't know Barca signed right back Joan Campins... :smokin He looked great playing with the Spanish U19 squad.

Barca is also interested in Giorgian De Arrascaeta, an attacking midfielder from Uruguaian U20...

... So Kerimov is making it known Eto'o is available for transfer....

Last edited:
:lol: eiddyfouw... That gif will never cease to be funny. I wonder where he'll end up. Although he made a ton of money, it's a shame he had to play in Russia. I think he's like 32 or 33 now right?

Edit - Rumors are circulating Kerimov might sack Meulensteen already....

Last edited:
Lucho - I didn't know Barca signed right back Joan Campins... 
smokin.gif
 He looked great playing with the Spanish U19 squad.

Barca is also interested in Giorgian De Arrascaeta, an attacking midfielder from Uruguaian U20...

... So Kerimov is making it known Eto'o is available for transfer....
I like what Barca are doing in bringing in outside talent to La Masia. From what i've seen from the players (highlights from recent world cups), they are talented, but still need that higher level of competition. Barca will sign players and send them straight to Barca B i think for a few years. If Suarez signs, he'll be in Barca B for a year, then will move up to the first team.
hahaha epic gif to post ratio. repped

Anyone have the full mourinho quotes on Real being about politics and not football, and also the whole thing about El Fenomeno being the real Ronaldo

Also, I think that tonight's preseason match will have one of the most intense preseason first halves. Unless mourinho pulls some troll tactic and fields a weaker side.

We don't even have a "weaker" side.

Victor Moses, Schurrle, Ramires, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Essien, John Terry etc are our backups if you can call that a "weaker" side. :lol:

Deepest squad Chelsea has had. Even the years we won the league we weren't this deep with quality.

Back
Top Bottom