The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Chelsea's one missing piece could be the production from Ba and Torres. Lukaku is a year off from consistent goal scoring IMO.

Imagine a Falcao or Cavani leading the line with service from Hazard, Mata, Oscar, KDB.

Entertaining game..

Would have loved to have had Mata and Luiz in there but still a great game..

Hazard is going to be so damn good..

Hazard was such a monster at Lille. I really didn't think he would have such an impact this quick. That dude :pimp:

Hope to see him at Real in the future :grin

Chelsea's one missing piece could be the production from Ba and Torres. Lukaku is a year off from consistent goal scoring IMO.

Imagine a Falcao or Cavani leading the line with service from Hazard, Mata, Oscar, KDB.

Crazy they were set to get rid of KDB if Mourinho hadn't stepped in.

I'll be comparing KDB's career path to Gotze, Thiago, Eriksen, Draxler, Holtby, Maher, Strootman, and Shaqiri.

Loved watching the last quarter of the match. Chelsea opened up the 2nd half with a spring in their steps, but Real showed they're a class above them.

:rolleyes

Being stocked with young talent =/= being as good as Real who besides Isco have a starting XI of men in their prime including a legend in his prime. Real are definitely the better team. Had Chelsea gotten Falcao it would have put Chelsea a class above where they're currently at...which would be Reals level.

Last edited:
Loved watching the last quarter of the match. Chelsea opened up the 2nd half with a spring in their steps, but Real showed they're a class above them.
eyes.gif
Being stocked with young talent =/= being as good as Real who besides Isco have a starting XI of men in their prime including a legend in his prime. Real are definitely the better team. Had Chelsea gotten Falcao it would have put Chelsea a class above where they're currently at...which would be Reals level.
Although Chelsea were missing Luiz and Mata, I agree. Chelsea are a striker away from being in the same class as Madrid. Chelsea in 2 years will be crazy good

We are still living the effects of the Fernando Torres signing. 
mean.gif
. We cant sign a big striker until he is gone, and he is virtually unmovable 

Last edited:
Chelsea also needs to figure out that back line.. last yr that was the weakest point on the team IMO. If they loose Luiz, it will only get worse

For those who have been watching Chelsea lately in preseason, has Mata been getting a lot of minutes? And how has he performed?

For those who have been watching Chelsea lately in preseason, has Mata been getting a lot of minutes? And how has he performed?

He hasnt been plaing much. He wasnt in the Asia preseaon tour as all players involved in the confederation cup were given extended holidays

@CentreTransfer: OFFICIAL: Bernard has signed a 5-year contract with Shakhtar in a deal worth €25m.

Wasn't he pretty much a Gunner?

Damn man OL selling Lisandro now after trying to offloa Gomis all window...dunno what they're doing but they better hope the youth steps up or they can buy a potential replacement from another team smh...this could be a long year

@CentreTransfer: OFFICIAL: Bernard has signed a 5-year contract with Shakhtar in a deal worth €25m.

Wasn't he pretty much a Gunner?

so was Higuain, Fellani, Williams, etc. For some reason Arsenal doesn't want to spend the cash, you really have to overpay in today's market to get the player. IDK what the heck is going on with the Suarez situation and I can't blame RM bumping up the price on Higuain the last minute to get the most back.

I also liked Arsenal but they don't seem willing to spend. You can't bet the farm on young players without interjecting some quality veterans with some winning and championship pedigree. If Spurs somehow keep Bale, it would be real difficult for them to finish in the top 4 next year. And did they ever sell Bendtner or Gervinho yet?

Good game yesterday, RM looked great and Ronaldo was a man amongst boys. I don't know how Bale will do in RM with CR7 having the ball most of the game last night. I rarely saw Ozil get the ball in the first half, I actually forgot he was on the pitch. Hopefully Chelsea needs some more time to gel with all the new players this year and last year and with the new coach. Lukaku didn't look to great but Chelsea did struggle in the first half, if that continues he should be loaned out for one more year in the Premiership. Anyone know if Mata or Luiz are injured? They didn't get any burn yesterday and there were reports a while ago and recently that both were on the chopping block?

^^ Gervinho is already gone and nobody is willing to take Bendtner :lol: smh...but yeah they NEED to do something, just taking L's so far on transfers

john anthony brooks not in Germany's u21 roster :pimp:

:smokin I was worried when I saw that but then BILD reported he's snubbing them and coming to the US, now it not binding but if he impresses he can get a spot on he 2014 WC teams which is miles away from a youth squad

Is gervinho a done deal? Loan or transfer?

@FASfootball: LEGEND: Thierry Henry has agreed to donate $5000 to charity for every goal he scores for the New York Red Bulls for the rest of the season

:rolleyes

Umm no. Chelsea didn't even play their best player or best defender and Madrid played their 1st choice lineup.

And yet still the only difference between the two teams was Ronaldo. Outside of him, both teams were evenly matched. But that's what happens when you have the greatest player in the world.

Van Ginkel was basically bossing the midfield.
Hopefully we get to see Madrid vs Chelsea in the CL when both teams are actually playing to win

Damn man OL selling Lisandro now after trying to offloa Gomis all window...dunno what they're doing but they better hope the youth steps up or they can buy a potential replacement from another team smh...this could be a long year

Yea, Licha asked to be offloaded....we'll see what happens. He's one of my favorite players .

Back
Top Bottom