The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Man I got to make a vow to watch more Ligue 1 this season. EPL are on live at ungodly hours of 5 or 6 in the morning for me on The west, for some reason I don't have beIN sport on my Directv so that takes out the Italian league German league. But I at least found a solid streaming website for every league and actually every sport though
Which streaming site do you use?
I use Vipbox.tv, brought me all the champions league perfectly while I was at work

Some quotes from Wenger
BRP-XofCEAEX7eK.jpg:large

Well then...lets see plan b put to work in that case

Some quotes from Wenger

Don't you mean plan C? I though Higuain was plan A then came the price increase then Suarez was plan B. I really wish Wenger would spend some money because the old ways of winning tittles in the Premiership for gunners are gone. Don't they still have some money from the Cesc and RvP sale on top of their summer wage budget to make moves? I really can't believe there are no links to Cesc with Man Utd so interested in him. Weren't they also in line to replace their current goalkeeper. It just seems like the amount of smoke screens coming from Arsene this season.

Some quotes from Wenger

Don't you mean plan C? I though Higuain was plan A then came the price increase then Suarez was plan B. I really wish Wenger would spend some money because the old ways of winning tittles in the Premiership for gunners are gone. Don't they still have some money from the Cesc and RvP sale on top of their summer wage budget to make moves? I really can't believe there are no links to Cesc with Man Utd so interested in him. Weren't they also in line to replace their current goalkeeper. It just seems like the amount of smoke screens coming from Arsene this season.

I was gonna put plan C but if he was really plan A,we would have gotten him. I'm not sure if we were completely in it for him. For whatever reason, the increase in price for plan A seemed worth abandoning and going after plan B which is more costly and much more difficult deal to seal, plus Suarez has a ban. May have been a possible smoke screen. It doesn't make sense to me to why plan A was abandoned so easily. I mean, your first option is usually your best option. I think Suarez is the only player AW has come out and has actually said that we're after.

I don't think Barca has completely paid us for Cesc yet. I know at one point they still owed us money. I'm not sure if United paid in full or is doing set payments.

It wasn't so much to replace our current one but to have another option since we currently have two. Szcz has made some questionable decisions last season, his dip in mental form is what got him benched. Fabs who is into his prime, will most likely still be our backup option. But he will came up big for us last season, when he's on, he's really on. Does have some injury issues though. Someone tweeted that we promoted our reserve GK(Martinez) to the first team. Someone reliable but Arsenal hasn't said anything official yet. He's only 20 and needs to be loaned for a bit. Another option would be nice. Cesar would have been a nice addition, given Szcz some good competition.

I dont see Arsenal getting Suarez. Liverpool would be nuts to sell him to Arsenal. Unless Arsenal is willing to shell out some big money for him. And we all know Wegner doesn't spend big :lol:

Couldn't catch the Bayern match because of work.  How'd they play?  What formation did Pep use?

Mandzukic was the lone striker, Schweinsteiger stayed back and Kroos pushed up with Muller, Robben, and Ribery playing behind Mario, I want to say it was a 4-2-3-1 but didn't catch the pre-game so I don't know exactly what it was Pep used. They played decent though.

I dont see Arsenal getting Suarez. Liverpool would be nuts to sell him to Arsenal. Unless Arsenal is willing to shell out some big money for him. And we all know Wegner doesn't spend big :lol:

50/60m and that's if Liverpool even wants to go through with it. We have around 70m, and about 3-4 players to get....should have gotten Higuain :smh: We don't have many options right now.
We're being linked with Gustavo, would be a great addition to our squad. Can play in the back line too.
It's interesting that we were close to signing Capoue during the winter and once summer came around we lost all interest. Hate that he's going to the Spurs

"Looking back at the second half of the 2012/2013 season from the perspective of the fans"

dortmund fans really are something else, i have so much envy

Last edited:
Mandzukic was the lone striker, Schweinsteiger stayed back and Kroos pushed up with Muller, Robben, and Ribery playing behind Mario, I want to say it was a 4-2-3-1 but didn't catch the pre-game so I don't know exactly what it was Pep used. They played decent though.

I caught the first half. They were in the 4-1-4-1 they've been using most of preseason. Schweinsteiger was fielded as the lone central pivot, and the FBs were pushing really high - basically playing as wingbacks. Ribery and Lahm were the standouts, as usual.

Unless things go very wrong - nigh impossible considering the talent at Bayern- it's unlikely they'll set up in a double pivot much this season. Pep is a Cruyff disciple so he doesn't really believe in fielding two holding mids.

Ter Stegen played well, and kept the scoreline down. He's got some Oliver Kahn to him - plays with fire, commands his box, and has great reflexes.

Gonna try to catch some of the Monaco game today, want to see how my four Porto Alum do. :pimp:

Gunners giving Citeh the work right now :nthat: preseason but still nice to see, Ramsey with a nice round of he keeper theo with the nice pass :smokin

50/60m and that's if Liverpool even wants to go through with it. We have around 70m, and about 3-4 players to get....should have gotten Higuain :smh: We don't have many options right now.
We're being linked with Gustavo, would be a great addition to our squad. Can play in the back line too.
It's interesting that we were close to signing Capoue during the winter and once summer came around we lost all interest. Hate that he's going to the Spurs
If Arsenal makes an offer of 55-60 mil, Liverpool should take it only if they have players lined up to replace Suarez. Otherwise hold on to him until the next transfer window which is in January. Hopefully by then, his value would increase.

Back
Top Bottom