The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Perez, the Colombian kid from Atletico Nacional (Medellin) on trial with the gunners, not only made the match day squad but came in as a sub late in the game...

This can't be typical right? Uncontracted players actually playing in a match (albeit a friendly/preseason contest)? This should be a good sign for the kid right? Gooners please advise.

All in all, we looked great today. After last weekend's slight letdown in the emirates cup, hopefully we can take today's momentum into the beginning of the season next week and start off on the right foot (home win, with a clean sheet).

Wayne Rooney has heart set on Chelsea

Wayne Rooney’s camp have informed Arsenal that the player has made up his mind to join Chelsea, sources close to the negotiations have told ESPN.

• Chelsea to chase Rooney till 'last day'

With the pursuit of Liverpool’s Luis Suarez reaching an exceptionally tense impasse, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has attempted to keep the Rooney option open as he seeks to bring in a forward.

Although the Manchester United man is understood to have made his huge admiration of Wenger clear to him, Rooney is determined to join Chelsea and team up with Jose Mourinho, something Arsenal have been notified of.

At the moment, however, the prospects of that remain slim. United are steadfast in their refusal to sell the England international and it is understood the club may attempt a more conciliatory approach in order to keep him happy.

The developments could leave Arsenal forced to turn their attention even further afield, given that Anfield sources have maintained that Liverpool owner John Henry’s comments on Thursday were no mere negotiating ploy.

In a stance that is said to be even more hardline than United’s attitude to selling Rooney, Liverpool officials are unequivocal about not selling the Uruguayan to another English club. One Anfield insider cited how it would be tantamount to ceding the race for fourth before the season has even begun.

United, meanwhile, are re-assessing their options as the club’s pursuit of Cesc Fabregas appears to have terminally stalled. Widely reported approaches for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines are expected to be made in the next week, with manager David Moyes considering his next move as regards to bringing in a Fabregas-type player.

The former Everton boss is known to have been happily surprised by the progress of 25-year-old Anderson in training and pre-season games, but still feels the club may need to bring in an all-rounder, even beyond Fellaini.

50/60m and that's if Liverpool even wants to go through with it. We have around 70m, and about 3-4 players to get....should have gotten Higuain :smh: We don't have many options right now.
We're being linked with Gustavo, would be a great addition to our squad. Can play in the back line too.
It's interesting that we were close to signing Capoue during the winter and once summer came around we lost all interest. Hate that he's going to the Spurs
If Arsenal makes an offer of 55-60 mil, Liverpool should take it only if they have players lined up to replace Suarez. Otherwise hold on to him until the next transfer window which is in January. Hopefully by then, his value would increase.

That's the thing, I don't think they have a replacement for Suarez. At this point, getting hold of a player of such quality is more than difficult. Especially since they aren't in the CL. Eto'o is available but his wages might be an issue :lol: :smh:

Perez, the Colombian kid from Atletico Nacional (Medellin) on trial with the gunners, not only made the match day squad but came in as a sub late in the game...

This can't be typical right? Uncontracted players actually playing in a match (albeit a friendly/preseason contest)? This should be a good sign for the kid right? Gooners please advise.

All in all, we looked great today. After last weekend's slight letdown in the emirates cup, hopefully we can take today's momentum into the beginning of the season next week and start off on the right foot (home win, with a clean sheet).

It certainly is a good sign. It's odd but I assumed that Wenger pretty much made up his mind on him.

We put on a good performance today. I'm happy with how we played. Walcott(MOTM), Ramsey, Kos are the ones that stood out the most. Having this momentum behind us is so positive. I'm stoked for next week.

@beINSPORTUSA BREAKING: Sources repot that Arsenal agrees £14m deal to sign Bayern Munich defensive mid Luis Gustavo. (via @WWWJT)
@AFCM18 Chamakh signed a one-year deal at Crystal Palace.

50/60m and that's if Liverpool even wants to go through with it. We have around 70m, and about 3-4 players to get....should have gotten Higuain :smh: We don't have many options right now.
We're being linked with Gustavo, would be a great addition to our squad. Can play in the back line too.
It's interesting that we were close to signing Capoue during the winter and once summer came around we lost all interest. Hate that he's going to the Spurs
If Arsenal makes an offer of 55-60 mil, Liverpool should take it only if they have players lined up to replace Suarez. Otherwise hold on to him until the next transfer window which is in January. Hopefully by then, his value would increase.

That's the thing, I don't think they have a replacement for Suarez. At this point, getting hold of a player of such quality is more than difficult. Especially since they aren't in the CL. Eto'o is available but his wages might be an issue :lol: :smh:

It certainly is a good sign. It's odd but I assumed that Wenger pretty much made up his mind on him.

We put on a good performance today. I'm happy with how we played. Walcott(MOTM), Ramsey, Kos are the ones that stood out the most. Having this momentum behind us is so positive. I'm stoked for next week.

@beINSPORTUSA BREAKING: Sources repot that Arsenal agrees £14m deal to sign Bayern Munich defensive mid Luis Gustavo. (via @WWWJT)
@AFCM18 Chamakh signed a one-year deal at Crystal Palace.

What on earth is Moyes doing? Managers making moves like this, while Moyes is doing what?
Fielding Carrick? Cleverley? Anderson? BEBE? Young?

:smh:

^^ is it bad that I'm more hype about Chamakh signing for Palace than that potential Gustavo signing? :rofl:

^^ is it bad that I'm more hype about Chamakh signing for Palace than that potential Gustavo signing? :rofl:

Not at all fam... I feel the same way lol...

That Chamakh move looks more certain than the Luis Gustavo move anyway...

What on earth is Moyes doing? Managers making moves like this, while Moyes is doing what?
Fielding Carrick? Cleverley? Anderson? BEBE? Young?

:smh:

Something is not right here, something deeper has to be going on here. Don't think the finances are in order at United.

Send Rooney off to Anzhi and let him rot in Siberia. As a lifelong united fan this dude has been extremely frustrating the last 5 years. Eff him. No one is bigger than this club.

Suarez's wages are 120k a week If eto is at that price or a little less then sell suarez and pocket the money for future transfers.

Not at all fam... I feel the same way lol...

That Chamakh move looks more certain than the Luis Gustavo move anyway...

:lol:
The Chamakh move is official.
In the post match interview, Wenger did admit that our squad is thin. So hopefully we'll see some signings soon.
Gustavo is out of favor at Bayern and apparently he doesn't want to go Wolfsburg. The originally source of the story is from the Metro....we'll see

Suarez's wages are 120k a week If eto is at that price or a little less then sell suarez and pocket the money for future transfers.

Eto'o is around 300K, makes 20m per year. He'll be taking a decent wage cut regardless where he goes

Last edited:
United has had stupid debt over its head for ages now, that's nothing new. And we have still bought Young, RVP, Chicha and Kagawa in recent years... So what's the sudden hold up....
They could be finally trying to cut down on it. I know that they have had this debt for years, but eventually they will have to cut it down significantly. Not add on to it.

My boys at OL are handling business today :nthat: :nthat: on our way to the top of the table for week 1 at least :lol:

@BledMamba Canavi said: “The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means.' “Luis had the chance last year to join a big club like Juventus, who went on to win the league in Italy.' “But, instead, he chose to stay and fight with Liverpool. Now, that’s what you call loyalty.' I’ve known about his agreement with Liverpool and understood that he would be leaving, if they were not playing in the CL” :lol:

BVB goals

Last edited:
At this point Buck should sell Suarez for the maximum fee and use that money on two or three players.

Striker, defender, wide player.

Back
Top Bottom