The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Kolo Toure whooping Adebayor's $+$.

article-1344009-0CA4C5C6000005DC-957_634x337.jpg

article-1344009-0CA4C587000005DC-750_634x454.jpg

article-1344009-0CA4C212000005DC-42_634x605.jpg

article-1344009-0CA4C5B6000005DC-232_634x467.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ining.html#ixzz1A5D6fH93

Originally Posted by forwardlean

^ It sure seems like it this year.  Although, last season you wouldn't have thought so.  It just goes to show you games mean everything.  You have heard a lot from Macheda's agent over the last little while and I believe it was him that Macheda ran to after bagging that historic goal vs. Villa two seasons ago...this move smells of an engineering to go back to Italy.  I've read that isn't Fergies intention, but who knows.  Certainly Macheda will be down the pecking order when Welbeck comes back, and has Hernandez, Berbatov and Rooney in front of him.  Ferguson prefers four top strikers, so Macheda must be thinking he could see this as a way out.  Still really young though so a lot can happen.

He needs to shift his game in my opinion.  He's not a guy who's skills are that useful outside the area.  He isn't that great with the ball at his feet, and doesn't appear to be able to take anyone on. He's a tall lad, who could certainly try and mold himself after van Nistelrooy...that big box predator who can latch on to anything - needs to eat and hit the gym.  I'd like to see a guy like that at United given Ferguson's purchase of a couple of darn good wingers.  That, and the fact Rooney is useless on the defended cross and we have such good crossers of the ball from deep (Rafael) and up high (Valencia and Nani).  I like the mix right now though.  Young Anderson is coming good, and I appreciate that Fergie was patient with him. 

P.S. Toure and Adebyor in a training ground scrap.  Champions, I think not.
i agree, during their time on the reserves squad it seemed clear to me that welbeck displayed more promise than macheda, but i think sir alex granted kiko more respect because of the goals he produced during his top flight play. This season has proved welbeck's potential, and it would be pretty daft of kiko to not at least consider looking for a move and the loan to italy will help him do so. and lets not forget we have diouf coming back as well.

roll.gif
at city.

but on a side note, im a little disappointed that wayne bridge is stroking frankie sandford. 
mad.gif
, john terry 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by forwardlean

^ It sure seems like it this year.  Although, last season you wouldn't have thought so.  It just goes to show you games mean everything.  You have heard a lot from Macheda's agent over the last little while and I believe it was him that Macheda ran to after bagging that historic goal vs. Villa two seasons ago...this move smells of an engineering to go back to Italy.  I've read that isn't Fergies intention, but who knows.  Certainly Macheda will be down the pecking order when Welbeck comes back, and has Hernandez, Berbatov and Rooney in front of him.  Ferguson prefers four top strikers, so Macheda must be thinking he could see this as a way out.  Still really young though so a lot can happen.

He needs to shift his game in my opinion.  He's not a guy who's skills are that useful outside the area.  He isn't that great with the ball at his feet, and doesn't appear to be able to take anyone on. He's a tall lad, who could certainly try and mold himself after van Nistelrooy...that big box predator who can latch on to anything - needs to eat and hit the gym.  I'd like to see a guy like that at United given Ferguson's purchase of a couple of darn good wingers.  That, and the fact Rooney is useless on the defended cross and we have such good crossers of the ball from deep (Rafael) and up high (Valencia and Nani).  I like the mix right now though.  Young Anderson is coming good, and I appreciate that Fergie was patient with him. 

P.S. Toure and Adebyor in a training ground scrap.  Champions, I think not.
i agree, during their time on the reserves squad it seemed clear to me that welbeck displayed more promise than macheda, but i think sir alex granted kiko more respect because of the goals he produced during his top flight play. This season has proved welbeck's potential, and it would be pretty daft of kiko to not at least consider looking for a move and the loan to italy will help him do so. and lets not forget we have diouf coming back as well.

roll.gif
at city.

but on a side note, im a little disappointed that wayne bridge is stroking frankie sandford. 
mad.gif
, john terry 
nerd.gif

Inter Milan AC Milan, Juventus and even Real Madrid interested in Gareth Bale

story

personally i dont think he will do well at any of those clubs but i could be wrong

story

personally i dont think he will do well at any of those clubs but i could be wrong

Crazy backheel by Chicharito... great improvisation!
EDIT ~ What a left-footed strike by Nani 
eek.gif
 to take the lead again.  So much power, so little backlift.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

story

No chance Bale leaves the Lane.
On another note, what the hell is with all this Beckham crap?!  We have Nico Krancjar just wasting away on the bench and can barely sniff the field.  This just seems like PR to me.

story

No chance Bale leaves the Lane.
On another note, what the hell is with all this Beckham crap?!  We have Nico Krancjar just wasting away on the bench and can barely sniff the field.  This just seems like PR to me.

story

These kinds of stories are ridiculously stupid and I dont know why the boneheads at Soccernet insist on reporting this junk. Who's Bale gonna replace at Inter? Eto'o? Or maybe he'll replace Cassano at Milan...or heck, he might even be brought in to replace Ronaldo at Real.

Plus, how many clubs are going to be willing to meet Spurs asking price?

Another ridiculous story reported today has Barca "offering" Mascherano + 45 million pounds for Fabregas. It must've been a slow news day.

story

These kinds of stories are ridiculously stupid and I dont know why the boneheads at Soccernet insist on reporting this junk. Who's Bale gonna replace at Inter? Eto'o? Or maybe he'll replace Cassano at Milan...or heck, he might even be brought in to replace Ronaldo at Real.

Plus, how many clubs are going to be willing to meet Spurs asking price?

Another ridiculous story reported today has Barca "offering" Mascherano + 45 million pounds for Fabregas. It must've been a slow news day.

This is how stuff like this gains momentum - the agent plants a seed and it grows.  Gareth Bale would do just fine in Italy, and teams like Milan and Inter covet the best players, and he's brought the goods this season.  You can't really question his ability on the left.  Odd that a season or so ago he was on the fringes.  Also strange he came up at left back! Benoit makes his life a bit easier sitting behind him but Bale's endurance and pace is ridiculous.  Madrid have a weak left side, and really Inter do to.

As for Mascherano + money for Fabregas...Its possible given Cesc is a blaugrana through and through, and Masch isn't really that much better/worse.  Frankly, I'd have Fabregas, but that's not the point.  Mascherano hasn't really been a stalwart in the line up, and Fab would end up in a similar situation given the abilities of Xavi and Iniesta. There is no question that Fabregas' ability suits Barcelona much better than Mascherano.  One thing is certain - Fab will be in Barcelona colours again in at most two years from now.  Arsenal, like United with Ronaldo, will have no choice.  Conveniently, Barcelona have a big deal shirt sponsor for the first time ever.  Not a coincidence. 

This is how stuff like this gains momentum - the agent plants a seed and it grows.  Gareth Bale would do just fine in Italy, and teams like Milan and Inter covet the best players, and he's brought the goods this season.  You can't really question his ability on the left.  Odd that a season or so ago he was on the fringes.  Also strange he came up at left back! Benoit makes his life a bit easier sitting behind him but Bale's endurance and pace is ridiculous.  Madrid have a weak left side, and really Inter do to.

As for Mascherano + money for Fabregas...Its possible given Cesc is a blaugrana through and through, and Masch isn't really that much better/worse.  Frankly, I'd have Fabregas, but that's not the point.  Mascherano hasn't really been a stalwart in the line up, and Fab would end up in a similar situation given the abilities of Xavi and Iniesta. There is no question that Fabregas' ability suits Barcelona much better than Mascherano.  One thing is certain - Fab will be in Barcelona colours again in at most two years from now.  Arsenal, like United with Ronaldo, will have no choice.  Conveniently, Barcelona have a big deal shirt sponsor for the first time ever.  Not a coincidence. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eek.gif

smokin.gif

fanboys unite! hahaha

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eek.gif

smokin.gif

fanboys unite! hahaha

This Chicharito is something else. You cant teach players to score goals like that. Reminds me of a goal scored in the CL this season (forgot who scored it) and this goal was similar to the one Drogba scored vs. Arsenal last year.

Speaking of Arsenal...Man City @ the Emirates right now
pimp.gif

This Chicharito is something else. You cant teach players to score goals like that. Reminds me of a goal scored in the CL this season (forgot who scored it) and this goal was similar to the one Drogba scored vs. Arsenal last year.

Speaking of Arsenal...Man City @ the Emirates right now
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom