The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Motta
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Motta
pimp.gif

If he can stay healthy he's immense for the midfield. Good to see the team motivated and confident in Leo's debut. And Zanetti continues to look younger every game.
pimp.gif

Hamsik invisible again.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Motta
pimp.gif

If he can stay healthy he's immense for the midfield. Good to see the team motivated and confident in Leo's debut. And Zanetti continues to look younger every game.
pimp.gif

Hamsik invisible again.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

what would fabregas' transfer fee look like........60M Eur.?

there were rumors of barca looking to sell a player or two to clear some debt. not sure how true that is but if so they can't be looking to sign cesc right?
on top of that, barca might have a few extra players they can sell with the consistent production their cantera has provided. 
but they still won't be getting rid of that debt anytime soon. 
word to gaby milito ! heard a rumor mascherano is also on the chopping block

there were rumors of barca looking to sell a player or two to clear some debt. not sure how true that is but if so they can't be looking to sign cesc right?
on top of that, barca might have a few extra players they can sell with the consistent production their cantera has provided. 
word to gaby milito ! heard a rumor mascherano is also on the chopping block

^ After forcing Liverpool's hand, Mascherano has not been a good fit at all for Pep and Barcelona. He doesn't and shouldn't crack the starting 11 over the likes of Sergio, Xavi, and Iniesta. Javier is a great CDM but perhaps he's not versatile enough for the style of football necessary at Camp Nou. Overall I don't think his move to Barca was a good fit for all parties involved and the logical way to resolve that is to move him, also clearing space for the coveted Cesc Fabregas. The question is whether the time is now in the January transfer window or waiting until the summer where more teams might be interested. 
Also, who is the long-term option at LB to replace Abidal/Maxwell? I'd really like to know why the major Italian and Spanish clubs haven't shown more interest in Fabio Coentrao. I loved what I saw from the kid in the most recent World Cup as a defender, connecting on pretty passes with Cristiano Ronaldo, and making big time runs for Portugal as well as Benfica. 

^ After forcing Liverpool's hand, Mascherano has not been a good fit at all for Pep and Barcelona. He doesn't and shouldn't crack the starting 11 over the likes of Sergio, Xavi, and Iniesta. Javier is a great CDM but perhaps he's not versatile enough for the style of football necessary at Camp Nou. Overall I don't think his move to Barca was a good fit for all parties involved and the logical way to resolve that is to move him, also clearing space for the coveted Cesc Fabregas. The question is whether the time is now in the January transfer window or waiting until the summer where more teams might be interested. 
Also, who is the long-term option at LB to replace Abidal/Maxwell? I'd really like to know why the major Italian and Spanish clubs haven't shown more interest in Fabio Coentrao. I loved what I saw from the kid in the most recent World Cup as a defender, connecting on pretty passes with Cristiano Ronaldo, and making big time runs for Portugal as well as Benfica. 

Inter looked good today. They looked focused, energized and determined. They might not win Serie A and probably wont win the CL but they are more than capable of doing some damage. This guy Zanetti looks like he can play until he's 57
laugh.gif
. Damn shame he got snubbed from 2 WCs in a row when he was actually needed both times
30t6p3b.gif

I really hope Barca arent already looking to offload Mascherano. They are not that deep of a side so having a player of his quality waiting in the wings would be helpful. He's gonna need more time to adjust but its hard when you're getting limited action and you're playing in a league with stricter refereeing. Mascherano cant hack and claw the same way he did in England. I dont think anyone should be surprised at his limited playing time but I think if Barca get rid of him in the coming windows it'll be another sign of admission by the club that they screwed up in the transfer market. They got robbed on the Ibrahimovic for Eto'o swapped and they took somewhere in the range of an 80m Euro hit to basically replace Eto'o with Villa. Then you have that Ukrainian CB they signed for like 25m Euros, only to sell him back 1 year later to the same club they bought him from for a 10m Euro loss. Now they're considering selling Mascherano after less than a season and 20m Euros spent? And we're supposed to believe this club is in financial trouble?

Anyways, has anyone heard of this Alcantara kid on Barca's reserves? He's projected to be a starting CM for Barca in the future and some are saying Barca wont even need Fabregas if this kid pans out.

Inter looked good today. They looked focused, energized and determined. They might not win Serie A and probably wont win the CL but they are more than capable of doing some damage. This guy Zanetti looks like he can play until he's 57
laugh.gif
. Damn shame he got snubbed from 2 WCs in a row when he was actually needed both times
30t6p3b.gif

I really hope Barca arent already looking to offload Mascherano. They are not that deep of a side so having a player of his quality waiting in the wings would be helpful. He's gonna need more time to adjust but its hard when you're getting limited action and you're playing in a league with stricter refereeing. Mascherano cant hack and claw the same way he did in England. I dont think anyone should be surprised at his limited playing time but I think if Barca get rid of him in the coming windows it'll be another sign of admission by the club that they screwed up in the transfer market. They got robbed on the Ibrahimovic for Eto'o swapped and they took somewhere in the range of an 80m Euro hit to basically replace Eto'o with Villa. Then you have that Ukrainian CB they signed for like 25m Euros, only to sell him back 1 year later to the same club they bought him from for a 10m Euro loss. Now they're considering selling Mascherano after less than a season and 20m Euros spent? And we're supposed to believe this club is in financial trouble?

Anyways, has anyone heard of this Alcantara kid on Barca's reserves? He's projected to be a starting CM for Barca in the future and some are saying Barca wont even need Fabregas if this kid pans out.

barca loaded thire pockets with their recent shirt sponsor deal with that qatari company...you just know it would take some exorbitant fees to get barca to take their first shirt sponsor ever, and those qataris dont play when it comes to money and soccer (see world cup 2022). theres been speculation that barca took the sponsor not just to alleviate debt, but to bring in a big name reinforcement (cesc). on top of that, barca might have a few extra players they can sell with the consistent production their cantera has provided. 
pretty sure that deal netted them like $200M but that still leaves them like $300M+ in debt.
there were rumors of selling iniesta to help their finances, sounds unlikely but i mean when thats even talked about you know times are tough

barca loaded thire pockets with their recent shirt sponsor deal with that qatari company...you just know it would take some exorbitant fees to get barca to take their first shirt sponsor ever, and those qataris dont play when it comes to money and soccer (see world cup 2022). theres been speculation that barca took the sponsor not just to alleviate debt, but to bring in a big name reinforcement (cesc). on top of that, barca might have a few extra players they can sell with the consistent production their cantera has provided. 
pretty sure that deal netted them like $200M but that still leaves them like $300M+ in debt.
there were rumors of selling iniesta to help their finances, sounds unlikely but i mean when thats even talked about you know times are tough

Carlos Tevez, i gotta disagree with you. I don't think the Cesc is the best midfielder in the EPL at all. There hasnt been a season where you can say he clearly was the best midfielder in the league. I also find him to be very injury prone. Also i think the Barcelona dont really need him at all and he would be a waste of money since Arsenal would want like 40 million pounds for him.
Being a Chelsea fan is killing me this season. Hopefully we can sign a CB in this transfer window. Losing Carvalho and having Lampard injuried for so long really hurt us. I dont think we can win the league but i still think if we get our act together we can finish in 2nd or 3rd place. The same thing almost happened to us in the 08-09 season when everyone ruled us out of the season in febuary but we came 2pts of winning the league and a pk from winning the champions league

Carlos Tevez, i gotta disagree with you. I don't think the Cesc is the best midfielder in the EPL at all. There hasnt been a season where you can say he clearly was the best midfielder in the league. I also find him to be very injury prone. Also i think the Barcelona dont really need him at all and he would be a waste of money since Arsenal would want like 40 million pounds for him.
Being a Chelsea fan is killing me this season. Hopefully we can sign a CB in this transfer window. Losing Carvalho and having Lampard injuried for so long really hurt us. I dont think we can win the league but i still think if we get our act together we can finish in 2nd or 3rd place. The same thing almost happened to us in the 08-09 season when everyone ruled us out of the season in febuary but we came 2pts of winning the league and a pk from winning the champions league

I've been reading reports that only reason Dzeko is even going to City is because of the 1 non -EU transfer per year.
And Juve used their's already on Krasic.

I've been reading reports that only reason Dzeko is even going to City is because of the 1 non -EU transfer per year.
And Juve used their's already on Krasic.

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

Who is the best midfielder in the league then? You didin't think Cesc was the best midfielder in the premier league last year.  I did and thought others did as well.  He is not having the best season but he will get right.  I rate Cesc top 5 midfielder in the world maybe that is because I am a Arsenal supporter.

Originally Posted by BlackMomo

Who is the best midfielder in the league then? You didin't think Cesc was the best midfielder in the premier league last year.  I did and thought others did as well.  He is not having the best season but he will get right.  I rate Cesc top 5 midfielder in the world maybe that is because I am a Arsenal supporter.

If someone remembers Freddy Adu, he tries to get a contract with FC Ingolstadt (currently 17. in the 2nd Bundesliga).

If someone remembers Freddy Adu, he tries to get a contract with FC Ingolstadt (currently 17. in the 2nd Bundesliga).

Back
Top Bottom