The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Copa-America-2011-Argentina.jpg
gold_cup_2011.jpg

why do you look forward for it?

guatemala is a disgrace.
laugh.gif

sh*t im salvi half salvi and i know we are going to get our $+@%@ handed to us by them hondurans
30t6p3b.gif
So i should only watch Spain games or root for teams like real madrid or man united that have nothing to do with me..hmm interesting.

Your a Steelers, Yankees, and Lakers fan I assume? 

Demps wrote:
^

the only games ill watch are the honduras and costa ricas games.

Yeah they seem to be the favorites but I think
Costa Rica will take 1st
Guatemala 2nd
and Hondurad 3rd

Costa rica always has a good squad and now they have "El Professor" LaVolpe as Coach .
Guatemala has arguably best striker in the tournament (Ruiz) since honduras didnt call a couple of their euro players.

Demps wrote:
^

the only games ill watch are the honduras and costa ricas games.

Yeah they seem to be the favorites but I think
Costa Rica will take 1st
Guatemala 2nd
and Hondurad 3rd

Costa rica always has a good squad and now they have "El Professor" LaVolpe as Coach .
Guatemala has arguably best striker in the tournament (Ruiz) since honduras didnt call a couple of their euro players.

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

So i should only watch Spain games or root for teams like real madrid or man united that have nothing to do with me..hmm interesting.

Good point!  I personally feel like anyone who gushes over Barca's style and DOESN'T watch this tournament has just identified themselves as a charlatan....

Looking forward to this

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

Good point!  I personally feel like anyone who gushes over Barca's style and DOESN'T watch this tournament has just identified themselves as a charlatan....

Looking forward to this

Originally Posted by forwardlean

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

Originally Posted by Noskey

Anyone else even remotely interested in the MLS Superdraft? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm kind of torn over what I want for Rooney. I don't really want a League 1 reject to prosper in MLS but at the same time if he continues to bring exposure to the league that would be good too.

I wouldn't say he was a reject...he had a contract offer from Macclesfield Town and a few others I believe.  He's only 20, basically a child. 

And for what its worth, the level of tactical skill and individual skill in MLS is probably on the same level of Macclesfield Town. 

As for Klose to Madrid, I'm not sure why he's getting looked at?  He's definitely cup tied (played in the group stages), so I'm not sure why Madrid are looking at him.  Of course, he'd help in the league, but they will still face the same striker shortage in Europe.  Its next to impossible to find a proven player in January that isn't cup tied.  Even Adebyuor would be a bad addition. 
I think Madrid really need a striker that can play in the CL. This team is more than capable of making a deep CL run this season but they cant just rely on inconsistent *** Benzema. It's actually kind of strange that despite all the money they've spent in the last 2 summers, they only had 2 damn strikers. The funny thing is Mourinho isnt a big fan of Benzema. He's made numerous comments about how talented Benzema is but that he's lazy and lacks the hunger to be a great striker
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

Originally Posted by Noskey

Anyone else even remotely interested in the MLS Superdraft? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm kind of torn over what I want for Rooney. I don't really want a League 1 reject to prosper in MLS but at the same time if he continues to bring exposure to the league that would be good too.

I wouldn't say he was a reject...he had a contract offer from Macclesfield Town and a few others I believe.  He's only 20, basically a child. 

And for what its worth, the level of tactical skill and individual skill in MLS is probably on the same level of Macclesfield Town. 

As for Klose to Madrid, I'm not sure why he's getting looked at?  He's definitely cup tied (played in the group stages), so I'm not sure why Madrid are looking at him.  Of course, he'd help in the league, but they will still face the same striker shortage in Europe.  Its next to impossible to find a proven player in January that isn't cup tied.  Even Adebyuor would be a bad addition. 
I think Madrid really need a striker that can play in the CL. This team is more than capable of making a deep CL run this season but they cant just rely on inconsistent *** Benzema. It's actually kind of strange that despite all the money they've spent in the last 2 summers, they only had 2 damn strikers. The funny thing is Mourinho isnt a big fan of Benzema. He's made numerous comments about how talented Benzema is but that he's lazy and lacks the hunger to be a great striker
laugh.gif

i'm sure you guys know it by now,but Real Madrid needs a striker badly cos Higuain will be out for at least 4 months after he underwent surgery on his back...

what about pushing Ronaldo upfront?he's played there times before,even during his time at United...

i'm sure you guys know it by now,but Real Madrid needs a striker badly cos Higuain will be out for at least 4 months after he underwent surgery on his back...

what about pushing Ronaldo upfront?he's played there times before,even during his time at United...

I'm truly disappointed with Benzema. He has a perfect opportunity to prove his worth. No excuses about how he doesn't get playing time, yet he doesn't make the best of it. Dude has no heart, which is too bad because I know he can play.

Klose, Gekas and Adebayor is what I've heard Real might try to bring. They should also try to get Lyon's Lisandro Lopez IMO.

I'm truly disappointed with Benzema. He has a perfect opportunity to prove his worth. No excuses about how he doesn't get playing time, yet he doesn't make the best of it. Dude has no heart, which is too bad because I know he can play.

Klose, Gekas and Adebayor is what I've heard Real might try to bring. They should also try to get Lyon's Lisandro Lopez IMO.

Ronaldo is already up front. Latest rumor is we're considering bringing back Ruud van Nistelrooy. My favorite player, I'd love him back in Madrid.

Ronaldo is already up front. Latest rumor is we're considering bringing back Ruud van Nistelrooy. My favorite player, I'd love him back in Madrid.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Yeah you literally fleeced United for RVN.  Especially when you consider Chelsea bought Sheva round about that time and he was an unbelievable flop.

I'm sure I'll get called crazy for this, but if Madrid want a proper front man that isn't cup tied and can score bags of goals, perhaps Darren Bent would be worth a look.  Hilarious I know, but he's a goal getter, and would fit into Madrid's team pretty good if you ask me (24 goals last season on a mediocre Sunderland).  JoMo isn't one of these managers that's keen on the loosey goosey formation up front, so I don't see him getting in to tweaking things.  He's never been a guy to play people out of position all that much, so its a given Madrid will need to get someone.  It just seems silly to buy someone who can't play in Europe.  What about their kids?  Don't they have that Juanfran kid who's really highly rated?

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Yeah you literally fleeced United for RVN.  Especially when you consider Chelsea bought Sheva round about that time and he was an unbelievable flop.

I'm sure I'll get called crazy for this, but if Madrid want a proper front man that isn't cup tied and can score bags of goals, perhaps Darren Bent would be worth a look.  Hilarious I know, but he's a goal getter, and would fit into Madrid's team pretty good if you ask me (24 goals last season on a mediocre Sunderland).  JoMo isn't one of these managers that's keen on the loosey goosey formation up front, so I don't see him getting in to tweaking things.  He's never been a guy to play people out of position all that much, so its a given Madrid will need to get someone.  It just seems silly to buy someone who can't play in Europe.  What about their kids?  Don't they have that Juanfran kid who's really highly rated?

We are playing really well (finally) thus far away at west ham. 2-0 at half thanks to RVP and Theo.

We are playing really well (finally) thus far away at west ham. 2-0 at half thanks to RVP and Theo.

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

Looking forward to this

Word the attacking style rocks. Copa America probably exemplifies it a bit more though. The thing is some teams like Belize, Nicaragua and panama bring the quality of soccer down in these tournaments. it seems like they bring the other teams down with them at times. Regardless I watch cuz it's my team. That's why soccer and college sports are so passionate cuz no matter if your team is a power house or little underdog u still love them and follow with a passion. I love the guate and argentina national teams the same even though Argentina has won two WC and Guatemala has not even qualified for one lol. I was actually happier when Guatemala tied Brazil in the gold cup in 95 than when Argentina beat brazil a couple months back.

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

Looking forward to this

Word the attacking style rocks. Copa America probably exemplifies it a bit more though. The thing is some teams like Belize, Nicaragua and panama bring the quality of soccer down in these tournaments. it seems like they bring the other teams down with them at times. Regardless I watch cuz it's my team. That's why soccer and college sports are so passionate cuz no matter if your team is a power house or little underdog u still love them and follow with a passion. I love the guate and argentina national teams the same even though Argentina has won two WC and Guatemala has not even qualified for one lol. I was actually happier when Guatemala tied Brazil in the gold cup in 95 than when Argentina beat brazil a couple months back.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

When I see him play, (the few times he has) he literally looks like he's there to watch grass grow, I love French team so much and seeing a good player like him just waste away at a club is horrible. I would transfer outta there back to France(Preferably), Germany or England. I can see a Klose-Benzema switch personally even though it'll be a loan. it will be a loan right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

When I see him play, (the few times he has) he literally looks like he's there to watch grass grow, I love French team so much and seeing a good player like him just waste away at a club is horrible. I would transfer outta there back to France(Preferably), Germany or England. I can see a Klose-Benzema switch personally even though it'll be a loan. it will be a loan right?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom